Pentax @ PC Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there around 5pm++ think I saw 2 pentaxian talking to kelvin. :)

Surprisingly, Pentax booth was so huge as compared to the past and right at the middle of the hall. :bsmilie:

Anyone bought the camera that entitles you to the Singapore flyer?

haha...ya.. was so surprised by the size of the booth this time... but i read the price list of lens.. want to cry.. haha... btw, anyone tried to find the N booth? its worst... smaller than Pentax during IT Show.. hahaha... my N fren was so disappointed.. lol...

I took a walk down to the show today, and on the whole it was lousy. Fewer booths compared to the last one a few months ago, and hardly any good deals.

As for the Pentax booth, there were but a couple of people browsing the products. The prices for the lenses were about SG$100-200 above street price.:rolleyes:

haha...ya.. was so surprised by the size of the booth this time... but i read the price list of lens.. want to cry.. haha... btw, anyone tried to find the N booth? its worst... smaller than Pentax during IT Show.. hahaha... my N fren was so disappointed.. lol...

Yeah... The prices were quite disappointing though not unexpected.
But at least the list is getting longer. They're bringing in more lenses. :D

Hi all, my first post... :)

I've been wanting to move up to a DSLR for years, but have been and will be on a very tight budget for quite a few more years to come. Done my research and testing and I've arrived at the conclusion that the K200D with Tamron's 18-250 Di II will be my best option. However, at the PC Show today, I was pretty turned off by the way the Pentax booth did business.

I was originally quoted "about $900 body only", then went off and did some asking around at John 3:16 and CP while my friend got himself a D300, but that's another story...

When I came back, I asked how much "about $900" was. The sales guy did the usual calculator exercise and said $860 by cash. I agreed and he went into the booth store but came out almost immediately with an older man, then said "Sorry, the price I quoted not correct, it is actually $998." When I asked about the discrepancy, the older man said "No one will sell you body only even at $950. $998 is the best price already. Better buy now, you don't want other people take hor." ;(

Needless to say, I'm at home now with no K200D and no joy. Not sure if that was a good sales trick, but at least I didn't get conned.

Just my experience.

Maybe u can get k200D from OP. I just got my Sigma flash from them earlier...saw a pentaxian going down while I going up but can't remember the name...need to refer to outing photo in May. =P

Ok thanks ishou80! Will check it out next week.

Cubular- Dun be sad. I believe the real catch of the IT show is still computer and parts like hard disk, ram. :)

I saw the lens prices too. The moment I saw the FA50mm f1.4, I got shocked, needless to say the other lenses. :bsmilie:

Yah, I just came back a while ago from there, don't think cameras are really worth getting from the Show. On the other hand, the harddisks and memory cards and some other stuff are going for really good prices. So forget the cameras and lenses, stock up on non-photography specific accessories instead, to support your photography! :)

In fact, I went to help a friend search for a good deal for the Fujifilm F100fd, but there wasn't even a booth selling Fujifilm there! Ended up running over to CP Marina, where the price and package offered was really good.

went IT show dis afternoon, they quote me K200D for $950+freebies(except lenses)...
very tempting price, n they said, they have 12 sets of k200D only...

NoMoney - Your nick speaks to me, yes it does :D

BTW, just to add to my spiel earlier, the K packages all come with an unnamed 75-300 on top of the DA 18-55. I was quoted a rather enticing $1,290 for the K200D with these 2... until I realised the 75-300 was an FA-J.

Really went wrong place I guess. Oh well, just wait around till next week when I can go OP...

U might wanna give them a call first or unless going to Sim Lim is easy for u as their stock goes quite fast...

:bsmilie:I was there yesterday, around 4:30pm. there are only a few young guys testing a K200D w/FAJ 75-300.

I asked the sales guy to get me the DA*200, I hold it in hand for a while, pity I didnt have a DSLR with me then, otherwise I could mount it on and have a try. The price list shows the DA*200 is $2399 :sweat:. haha, for half the price I can get a grey set.

Quite disappointed by the fact that, they dun even hire show girls:sticktong

That's wat happen when there is only a agent carrying the Pentax product rather then from Pentax office...

a bit OT here, got models there to shoot or not? I just got my 300mm tele lens from creampuff and eager to shoot. i also got a 2.5 hour of interesting conversation on photography. a good bargain!!

unless there are models to shoot, i am giving this show a miss after hearing feedback from fellow pentaxians here.... :D

a bit OT here, got models there to shoot or not? I just got my 300mm tele lens from creampuff and eager to shoot. i also got a 2.5 hour of interesting conversation on photography. a good bargain!!

unless there are models to shoot, i am giving this show a miss after hearing feedback from fellow pentaxians here.... :D

sony models as usual
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385035

Guys, it's a chicken and egg thingy... Pentax not earning enough for Shriro, and so it doesn't justify the expenditure? And Shriro isn't thinking that better marketing would actually bring them more sales, and in shows like this, it may be good to show that Pentax has a presence in Singapore?

Man... what do I know...

Sony have their models parade every hour, I was there just now at 2pm and took some shots from front row. Will post them tonight. I do not see any models from other booths other than Sony and Nec.

Hi, just got back from the PC Show and visited the Pentax Booth @ Level 6, Booth 1817

K100D Super Kit - $1,150
Freebies:
75-300mm lens
2x 2GB SD Card
Tamrac Bag
Tripod
Screen Protector
AA Rechargeable Kit
2x Singapore Flyer Ticket

K20D Kit - $2,599
Freebies:
50-200mm lens
2x 2GB SD Card
Tamrac Bag
Tripod
Screen Protector
Lithium Battery
AA Rechargeable Kit

K200D Kit - $1,399
Freebies:
75-300mm lens
2x 2GB SD Card
Tamrac Bag
Tripod
Screen Protector
AA Rechargeable Kit

Plus there are a whole lot of lens there too! Happy Shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.