Official Canon 550D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My box shows in fine print on the red side "Camera: Made in Japan" :) & "Lens: Made in Taiwan" :embrass:. But the lens serves me well so far. Rgds

My camera is also made in japan, whereas the kit lens i'm not sure. Bought a 50mm f/1.8, made in msia tho. So far so good, but just wondering is there any difference? Which i highly doubt so.

Sure ! Prob a few shooting sessions .. would keep u update..

Great, post some nice pics along as well :)

Hi, anyone knows if theres anything thats so called worth the buy from taiwan for our 550d?

im going over on thursday ya. so if its good and cheap and light/small, i dun mind helping bros/sis here to get it ya.

So far it seems like the body are all from Japan, Lens from Taiwan and Japan. Not sure if that's the reason why some shops offer lower and some shops higher in price.

Wondering anyone experience any quality difference between Made in Japan lens and Taiwan/Msia lens?
In theory, no difference. My previous 18-55mm IS MIJ have its AF motor failed.

So far it seems like the body are all from Japan, Lens from Taiwan and Japan. Not sure if that's the reason why some shops offer lower and some shops higher in price.
All EOS body are made in Japan, with exception of some 1000D.

That's what i'm wondering as well..

All EOS body are made in Japan, with exception of some 1000D.

But it also depends on where(country) you get right?

Hi, anyone knows if theres anything thats so called worth the buy from taiwan for our 550d?

im going over on thursday ya. so if its good and cheap and light/small, i dun mind helping bros/sis here to get it ya.

Thanks for the offer! If lens are made in taiwan, i'm wondering if purchasing a lens there would be cheaper than in SG.

i bought three kit II for my office use... I must say I'm happy with the IQ... noise at high ISO is well controlled

That's what i'm wondering as well..

But it also depends on where(country) you get right?

Thanks for the offer! If lens are made in taiwan, i'm wondering if purchasing a lens there would be cheaper than in SG.
Nope. All EOS body from tier 300D or better are all MIJ.

IIRC, all prosumer compact also MIJ.

i wonder too. dunno anything about taiwan, 1st time visiting there but thought might be worth looking ard. heard a friend telling me that can get filters there cos it cheap... i dunno but will be trying to chk it out.

Still processing the pictures of Formula Drift, but already uploaded some teaser for my friends.
attachment.php

^ nice panning as always, soons. are you using a tripod on this one?

hey guys! i really like the rebel tag on the 550d body. Is there anyway i can get that?! Must i really get it from the states? Cos if i buy and ship it over, I dont have warranty if it is damaged right?

Kiss tag nicer...

;p

hey guys! i really like the rebel tag on the 550d body. Is there anyway i can get that?! Must i really get it from the states? Cos if i buy and ship it over, I dont have warranty if it is damaged right?

Rebel T2i is the united states version although there is really no difference besides the name. 'Kiss' are japanese versions for their home market. You could get rebels from renowned u.s online retailers such as b&h and adorama where they will ship it to you via UPS. Its cheaper to get from these online retailers but at a cost as there is no warranty. However, it is worth it to get lenses online as 1) they are cheaper and 2) they come with international warranty so you can get it warrantied in sg if needed. Btw, cheaper includes shipping cost to sg as well.

Still processing the pictures of Formula Drift, but already uploaded some teaser for my friends.
attachment.php

Great! Thanks for sharing.

Kiss tag nicer...

;p

Actually what does the Rebel T2i tag represent? Those US sets will have the Rebel tag on the body itself? What's the difference between Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.