Official Canon 550D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like to find out if all 550D body and 18-55mm IS lens are all made in Japan?
Was told some batch are from Jap and some from China. So those cheaper deals are they from China?
THere are malaysian and taiwanese 18-55mm IS.

Is there any differences terms where it's made of? Quality of made or performance?
I m selling off my 18-135mm with Hoya Filter to fund up 70-200mm. Do you think it's worth upgrade?

just bought 550D KIT II - $1584 CASH from SLR REV :) very happy and still learning to use it..

Awesome! I'm thinking of getting the same kit myself! Two questions though:

1) Are both the body and the 18-135 Lens made in Japan?
2) For the price that you paid, what other 'freebies' did they throw in? (Got the Canon Crumpler bag or not? :p)

Anybody else know where else i can get a similar kit for a cheaper price?

Thanks~

after double checked, the body made in japan, the lens made in Taiwan..
no freebies.. only 8G SDHC + EOS bag from canon which expired next week 2nd may 2010.

i took the last piece of KIt II from SLR Rev, may be you have to check if they still have stock or not

Got the GGS protector. It's okay; took me two attempts to apply it. I wished it didn't have the Ggs logo and had the Canon logo instead. Other than that it's fine.

Got it from MyMonsterCamera btw

Last edited:
i still haven got my GGS protector.. i think lost in mail liao.. bad luck ;(

Guys, finally I got a 550D with 18-135 lens,Hoya filter and Nissin Di622 Flash with an expected gift from my dad. I might get a 50mm f/1.8 later soon.

Got the GGS protector. It's okay; took me two attempts to apply it. I wished it didn't have the Ggs logo and had the Canon logo instead. Other than that it's fine.

Got it from MyMonsterCamera btw

Same, but afterall the logo doesn't really matter. What matters is that it fits the screen perfectly!

i still haven got my GGS protector.. i think lost in mail liao.. bad luck ;(

Drop them a mail or contact them? Or go to their site and check your order status?

Guys, finally I got a 550D with 18-135 lens,Hoya filter and Nissin Di622 Flash with an expected gift from my dad. I might get a 50mm f/1.8 later soon.

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Ive already checked with them. They already sent out the mail on last Thursday

Called singpost. They said that they cant trace the mail because its through normal mail they need a reference no.

Ive already checked with them. They already sent out the mail on last Thursday

Called singpost. They said that they cant trace the mail because its through normal mail they need a reference no.

Ah ic, probably wait till end of this week see how it goes, maybe delayed or sth.

Wondering anyone experience any quality difference between Made in Japan lens and Taiwan/Msia lens?

Yup, can anyone clarify?

And how does one distinguish between a 'made-in-Japan' and 'made-in-Taiwan' lens when buying? Skarly the salesperson just bullshit us to make a quick sale.

Anyone knows where's the best place (quality and economically) to purchase kit II?

I was thinking of heading down to CP or MSC to check out the prices soon. :p

i went to MSC at AMK yesterday, no stock there.. i found MSC is the cheapest

Congrats! :thumbsup: Can you share with us how the Di622 fare on your D550? Thks. Thinking of getting one. :) Rgds

And how does one distinguish between a 'made-in-Japan' and 'made-in-Taiwan' lens when buying? Skarly the salesperson just bullshit us to make a quick sale.:p

My box shows in fine print on the red side "Camera: Made in Japan" :) & "Lens: Made in Taiwan" :embrass:. But the lens serves me well so far. Rgds

Congrats! :thumbsup: Can you share with us how the Di622 fare on your D550? Thks. Thinking of getting one. :) Rgds

Sure ! Prob a few shooting sessions .. would keep u update..

Status
Not open for further replies.