Official Canon 550D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got recommendation for mic for 550D? Looking for 1 to do video recording. Thanks.

hi guys, need your advice. Im considering either a EOS 550D kit 1(18-55mm) + 55-250mm lens, or a EOS 550D kit 2 (18-135mm). which option do you think i should choose?

18-135 should use the same lens hood as 18-200mm. (72mm?)

Anyway, my 550D suprised me today: I filled up 1 x 4GB memory card and 1 x 8GB memory card (About 1100+ pics) for the Formula Drift event with just 1 battery!! Somemore it is the $25 3rd party battery that I bought. I thought I had my original canon battery inside, but it was not.

In the end, the battery died off at the end of the day when I am reviewing and deleting photos. :) Veyr happy with the 550D and $25 battery!!

Wow! The one you got from your friend? Like this i would be interested to get the battery.. Can share how do i go about getting it?

just bought 550D KIT II - $1584 CASH from SLR REV :) very happy and still learning to use it..

Thanks..

anyone got lobang for LCD screen protector? either GGS or normal one?.. other place sells around $8 for normal one

I got my GGS LCD screen protector from Ebay. SGD$15 but i don't know is fake or real but still better than those film type of protector.

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a lens hood for my 550D Kit II lens. But i'm not sure what kind of lens hood i should get.

Any suggestions?

Yesterday, I was at Canon Vivocity & Digital Lab, quoted $49. The 67mm hood at Courts (can't remember the brand), $40. I checked again at eBay (typing in EW-73B), Travor has it for 2+ euros or $4+ with free shipping to S'pore, I find it unbelievable. Monster Camera $18 but I'm confused, it says EW-73B for EFS 17-85mm instead of 24-135mm :) Still searching. Rgds

i am thinking to get the lens hood too.. thanks for sharing..

i am thinking to get the lens hood too.. thanks for sharing..

I got my 3rd party lens hood for 15-85mm (ew-78b, 72mm) from eBay @$8 free shipping from HK. Just in case anyone else have the same lens and lookng for a cheaper alternative. The original one costs about $60. Ouch.

just bought 550D KIT II - $1584 CASH from SLR REV :) very happy and still learning to use it..

Congrats!

Thanks..

anyone got lobang for LCD screen protector? either GGS or normal one?.. other place sells around $8 for normal one

Get a GSS from monstercameras, i got mine from them, awesome, fit nicely..

Juz came back from oversea trip using this 3rd party battery.... power lah... cheap cheap good good......lucky it didnt explode;p;p:nono::bsmilie:

Anyway I m a light shooter......took about 200 over shots with a few video.... the battery indicator still showing full bar!! The battery lasted for the 3 days trip! :)

Highly recommend!!

monstercamera no stock at the moment

Wow, they dropped $60 compared to one month ago, that time i asked was $1650. anyway, congrate, I am happy wt my 550D too :)

what image size are you guys normally using? Large Fine or Medium Fine?

i also recommended my friend in China to get the 550D Kit II, and they only paid RMB6800 for the set!!

That's S$1360, and it comes with official warranty

Last edited:
i also recommended my friend in China to get the 550D Kit II, and they only paid RMB6800 for the set!!

That's S$1360, and it comes with official warranty

is it made in china or made in japan? singapore Canon 550D is made in Japan

Like to find out if all 550D body and 18-55mm IS lens are all made in Japan?
Was told some batch are from Jap and some from China. So those cheaper deals are they from China?

my 18-135MM made in Japan, Lens + Body

Status
Not open for further replies.