Nikon's: A photographer is only as good as the equipment he uses!!!

6155259596_08051fe0f5.jpg

btw this was shot using my iPhone 3GS
with no fancy filters

i would like to see some DSLR users beat this

Erm...sorry me newbie here. Mind sharing what is the difficulty here? Is it just slap on a kit lens, close the aperture, put the dish with window behind and then shoot?

Erm...sorry me newbie here. Mind sharing what is the difficulty here? Is it just slap on a kit lens, close the aperture, put the dish with window behind and then shoot?

no picture no talk, i can show constant results with my iPhone

Last edited:
Might sound weird...but I write faster and better in exam with the non-refillable pilot gel pen, simply because it is the lightest. Oh ya, MUST BE 1/3 ink left, if not the balance is funny...So pen does matter...lol

Haha faster is not the point but if you find a pen that can make you score full marks for exams, please help me buy one:bsmilie:

Haha faster is not the point but if you find a pen that can make you score full marks for exams, please help me buy one:bsmilie:

Buy this one. 1/3 Ink left then go exam. Cannot confirm full mark, but minimum get A because you write much faster than everyone else. Tried and proven.:bsmilie:
supergel.jpg

Oh ya, must be 0.5mm...0.7mm prone to smudge...

NewbieInCS said:
Buy this one. 1/3 Ink left then go exam. Cannot confirm full mark, but minimum get A because you write much faster than everyone else. Tried and proven.:bsmilie:

Oh ya, must be 0.5mm...0.7mm prone to smudge...

Haha are you sure write faster will get A? So more fps will get good photos?

So far I do exams slowly and its working for me:bsmilie: I also shoot very slow

Haha are you sure write faster will get A? So more fps will get good photos?

So far I do exams slowly and its working for me:bsmilie: I also shoot very slow

yes...at least it was so when I was in uni. Due to the bell curve, as long as you complete 1 mark more than everyone else, you get your A.

yes...at least it was so when I was in uni. Due to the bell curve, as long as you complete 1 mark more than everyone else, you get your A.

Not as easy as it sounds. In my school the mandated class average was a B-. I was once in a class of 10, and the teacher took that to mean one get A, one get A-, everyone else B and below.

I'd sometimes much rather a system when everyone can get A.

Not as easy as it sounds. In my school the mandated class average was a B-. I was once in a class of 10, and the teacher took that to mean one get A, one get A-, everyone else B and below.

Still better than having 3/4 of the class failing... I have been in that kind of class before, and it is hella scary.

daredevil123 said:
Another example for you...

Ansel Adams' Yosemite series.

Many photographers has tried to replicate his shots. As much as using the best gear, using software to triangulate his exact GPS location... spending months after months trying to achieve the same shots.

None has succeeded.

And what did Mr Adams use? compared to the gear of today?...

Most likely, Ansel would be using a 8x10 or 11x14 view camera. He also had a packed mule. But what else he had that we don't have today is better atmospheric conditions then than today.

If everyone get A just because he has a certain score(e.g. >75/100), then what is going to differentiate between the average student and good student? What is going to differentiate the really good ones from the good ones?

This system of bell curve has its flaw, being that it can be cruel, but it reflects the real society. It can get pretty competitive, in that I have seen Ph.D students practising past year papers in the 2nd week of semester.

It has its advantage too...I once walked out of my exam hall thinking I will fail the module because I only did half the paper. Yet, I was suprised with a B+ simply because many others did less than half the paper...:bsmilie:

Last edited:
6155259596_08051fe0f5.jpg

btw this was shot using my iPhone 3GS
with no fancy filters

i would like to see some DSLR users beat this

the person behind the camera matters more than the equipment he/she uses, if he/she does not know how to fully make use if the equipment then the result will not be good
Likes.

I am willing to take the blame for all the problem cause. I can tell you all guys that you guys should never be blinded by the high-tech equipments. To take all the blame, I volunteer to trade a self-made 120 format pinhole camera made from errr... (Shoebox? Brand can varies from nike to flying eagle, worksmanship and QC not guranteed) for your PNS, DV camcorder with photo taking function, DSLR, Medium Format digital camera, RF, Digital RF, Digital back, Handphone camera. (If I miss out any type or format, you can contact me for negotiation)

Last edited:
I am willing to take the blame for all the problem cause. I can tell you all guys that you guys should never be blinded by the high-tech equipments. To take all the blame, I volunteer to trade a self-made 120 format pinhole camera made from errr... (Shoebox? Brand can varies from nike to flying eagle, worksmanship and QC not guranteed) for your PNS, DV camcorder with photo taking function, DSLR, Medium Format digital camera, RF, Digital RF, Digital back, Handphone camera. (If I miss out any type or format, you can contact me for negotiation)

LOL.

BTW I know someone still doing traditional plates. Photogravure etching to be exact...

If you are interested, I can hook you up with him. But the only problem is, he is not in SG but in Japan. He is an american living in Japan btw.

You can see his work here:
http://www.kamprint.com/

Last edited:
by tonight this fire will be longer than the one at Shell refinery on Pulau Bukom.................

Don't want to copy the fruit, so used lemon. Ok...truth is I only have lemon in my fridge that I can cut easily. Newbie here, first time shoot fruit, so pls don't be too harsh.