My recent works

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Ced, how did the last course go? Another one coming up?

hey Ced, how did the last course go? Another one coming up?

Finished up with the last already in early jan.... Did put up another course, but not many queries, so decided not to continue on.... How's Business?

Hi Ced,

Good to see you post after such a long while. Hope to see more of your works.

The course indeed was a eye opener. :)

BC

Hi Ced,

Good to see you post after such a long while. Hope to see more of your works.

The course indeed was a eye opener. :)

BC

Thank you very much... If not because u have allowed me to open that vision, anything I do wouldn't have been possible... It's always good to see my batch of folks doing things with a better objective...

Awesome Ced! Esp those with shadow on the background. Love them! ;)

Awesome Ced! Esp those with shadow on the background. Love them! ;)

Thank you very much... just that I haven't done test for a long time now... Actual work in the making... Kinda felt it's tough to cajol sexiness out of a white background... Looks like it ain't that bad after all, other than the fact that it's pretty expected of me to have delivered similar looking stuff and being accused of being complacent...

Finished up with the last already in early jan.... Did put up another course, but not many queries, so decided not to continue on.... How's Business?

Last year end was rather busy and catching a breather now. Looks like this year will be a little slower which means got time to update my stuff ......finally!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Oohh... Long time no see! I really liked the recent images! I enjoyed the creativity in the styling as well this time round. Very Europeanish style of styling.

Oohh... Long time no see! I really liked the recent images! I enjoyed the creativity in the styling as well this time round. Very Europeanish style of styling.

yeah, I guess so, styling just does so much in a shoot.. you guys should know it... without it, I'm pretty much nothing... without the models in it, nothing again... without make up, nothing.....

Pretty much, nothing goes without this bunch of creative nuts in the shoot...Of course, some will choose to differ, but nothing for me to debate on...

Hi all,

One of the series done...

ba.jpg

Hi all,

One of the series done...

ba.jpg

Cedric, your stuffs are usually better than this. You have posted much better images. What is happening? Loosing your touch? Loosing your team?
Ballet inspired? Well, to make this easier to understand, I will just list the problems out.

1. The skin tone is off the chart bad. Far beyond sucks. I can count 5 different skin tones 1- face, 2 - right arm and left hand, 3 – left arm, 4 legs and 5, thighs.
2. Talking about legs and thighs, you managed to make the model looks having FAT legs. Very fat legs as compared to the rest of the body, with cellulite to boot. This is an amazing accomplishment given the fact that the model was wearing hosiery.
3. Well, the hosiery, the pattern on the hosiery, looks as if the model’s legs were being scratched. Very unsightly. Btw, you said this was ballet inspired. Well, ballerina, in most cases, does not wear shear fashion hosiery. Please fire your stylist!
4. On the topic of a ballerina, what is this posture? Dancers, and especially ballerinas, all have excellent postures. The slouching is in itself very unsightly, especially for a ballet inspired image.
5. And this is not quite a ballet outfit isn’t it. The way it looks is a haphazard people won’t notice attitude to this job.
6. Oh, let’s talk something about photography, after all, this is a photography forum. The lighting is FLAT, the face is exposed correct, the legs are not. Is this supposed to be a high key image? Well, if so, it’s a feeble attempt.
7. Btw, why is the model’s neck looks blotchy? Looks like dirty skin to me. However, I really do not think that is the case, so, how? Bad lighting or bad DI?
8. I was going to say, the model expression is “dead”, but hey, that is perhaps the expression you want. However, I am sure you are not trying to style the model with a messy hair look. Well, the HAIR IS MESSY!

You really should not have chosen this picture to post. If there is one better one in the series, then it is even more bewildering. This kind of images are not your forte, there are many here in CS who can do this type of images so much better. Maybe you should learn from them? I do :)

Happy shooting.

1. The skin tone is off the chart bad. Far beyond sucks. I can count 5 different skin tones 1- face, 2 - right arm and left hand, 3 – left arm, 4 legs and 5, thighs.

Agree, really bad lighting...

2. Talking about legs and thighs, you managed to make the model looks having FAT legs. Very fat legs as compared to the rest of the body, with cellulite to boot. This is an amazing accomplishment given the fact that the model was wearing hosiery.

Indeed, she has slightly bigger thighs...
3. Well, the hosiery, the pattern on the hosiery, looks as if the model’s legs were being scratched. Very unsightly. Btw, you said this was ballet inspired. Well, ballerina, in most cases, does not wear shear fashion hosiery. Please fire your stylist!

Can't fire the stylist really... Very subjective... Same issue we had with my image with the wine glass and crabs and stuffs.....

4. On the topic of a ballerina, what is this posture? Dancers, and especially ballerinas, all have excellent postures. The slouching is in itself very unsightly, especially for a ballet inspired image.

Perhaps.... will give good thoughts about it...

5. And this is not quite a ballet outfit isn’t it. The way it looks is a haphazard people won’t notice attitude to this job.

It isn't, I didn't claim it's the exact head to toe outfit...

6. Oh, let’s talk something about photography, after all, this is a photography forum. The lighting is FLAT, the face is exposed correct, the legs are not. Is this supposed to be a high key image? Well, if so, it’s a feeble attempt.

It is a really feeble attempt...

7. Btw, why is the model’s neck looks blotchy? Looks like dirty skin to me. However, I really do not think that is the case, so, how? Bad lighting or bad DI?

Bad photography I think:bsmilie:

8. I was going to say, the model expression is “dead”, but hey, that is perhaps the expression you want. However, I am sure you are not trying to style the model with a messy hair look. Well, the HAIR IS MESSY!

Yeah, it really is...

You really should not have chosen this picture to post. If there is one better one in the series, then it is even more bewildering. This kind of images are not your forte, there are many here in CS who can do this type of images so much better. Maybe you should learn from them? I do :)

I never stop learning anyway.... So much more learning from your criticism I won't stop...

:bsmilie: Thank you for pointing out so many items for me to consider... yup, am seeing just how much of bad comments I could get for an image like this... Yup, you were right about those items... Thanks for the good critiques.... In fact, it is really the pre clicks of the shoot... Let me take you as a good old client and have it amended your way... I'll try and see if I can salvage it... Gimme some time...

Cheers DP....

i absolutely love PBS shots.
when i saw this latest ballerina shot, i too love it, other than the smoke or fog.

i know i got tons to learn because i thought it is already a very nice dreamy portrait till DP comes along, snatch the gun from PBS and fired at him Pointblank.:bsmilie:
what a bloody anti-climax for me.

thanks ah DP.:sticktong

I never stop learning anyway.... So much more learning from your criticism I won't stop...

:bsmilie: Thank you for pointing out so many items for me to consider... yup, am seeing just how much of bad comments I could get for an image like this... Yup, you were right about those items... Thanks for the good critiques.... In fact, it is really the pre clicks of the shoot... Let me take you as a good old client and have it amended your way... I'll try and see if I can salvage it... Gimme some time...

Cheers DP....

Oh come on, you are a professional, I am merely an amateur!

But then, my question is why did you pose a shot form the "pre clicks of the shoot"? Doesn't CS deserve everyone's best efforts?

If you have a better version, why didn't you post that?

i absolutely love PBS shots.
when i saw this latest ballerina shot, i too love it, other than the smoke or fog.

i know i got tons to learn because i thought it is already a very nice dreamy portrait till DP comes along, snatch the gun from PBS and fired at him Pointblank.:bsmilie:
what a bloody anti-climax for me.

thanks ah DP.:sticktong

ya.. the photos in this thread looks cool to me. i think DP is really good at making comments. and thats it. i remember seeing the one and only photo he posted of a model in rome, which i remember.. was.. far beyond sucks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.