My recent works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow nice shoots man ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

this shot has some energy !

Like the light coming from below and around th emodel but not from the front. :thumbsup:

smoke.jpg

Good seeing more of your work again Ced. Prefer the slightly stronger toning of the first one you posted today (ba.jpg) rather than the edited one (thedone.jpg) - the toning around her face is spot on, but would be prefer it if the toning was more even elsewhere, but that's just me.

How's business been ? You've been diving lately ? Trying to plan a trip soon, but need to work out logistics.

Yeah... Somewhat ba.jpg without toning seems ok for me too.. I like it for that reason as well... Just wanted to know if many would share the same feelings..... but maybe eyes nowadays composites Digital workflow.... sad but true.... with things like legs fat la.... pose wrong la... hair out of place la... so many things can go wrong once we have digital retouching.....

Diving??? I would so wish.... Been busy lately though..... Where you going?

this shot has some energy !

Like the light coming from below and around the model but not from the front. :thumbsup:

Yeah, flash below that table, kinda lights almost from everywhere....

The lighting for the latest set seems quite different from your most of previous stuff. I also like the colour tone of the ba.jpg. The retouched ones works too... I like the surreal feel.

BC

The lighting for the latest set seems quite different from your most of previous stuff. I also like the colour tone of the ba.jpg. The retouched ones works too... I like the surreal feel.

BC

Yeah, one of those stuff I did wanna try for a long time, but often not having a chance to get it going, finally the right kinda of outfit came along....

Thanks for liking the ba.jpg.... I did really like it... I've seen it done before somewhere before... What's good was the trial lights for the low contrast...which I thought was easy... until it frustrates the hell outta me.... took some good ten minutes to final the lights....

We meet soon, I'll explain it to you guys next time....

The power of expression + very good lighting control also the PP skill.

Photoshop is a wonderful tool if you kinda get what colour tones you want from the very beginning... yup, the wonders of curves, hue, ,saturation did help a great lot....

I didn't like my images to be to posed for pictures, so we gave the model a very general guide... and she took on from there... The whole truth is that it wasn't just me.... A good stylist whom DP wants him fired, 2 good old chaps for hair and make up who help to tone her faces for the low key mood... I merely translated their work into visuals...

At the end, I always felt that credit goes all around. Good or bad, the photographer gets it.... some is good and some is bad....

i have to say i agreed with most DP's comments..

I agreed with DP's comment too...He's got most of it correct... but constructive comments would be enough though...just saying the firing of the stylist wasn't needed at all... He nailed it, perhaps it wasn't my forte... Personally, I'll tend to take comments better if he's a good shooter... but what's unique is that I don't think he's much a photographer no matter how I look at it... It's like a food critique may not be a good chef himself...but plays the role of the critique so very well... which is the same reason why he would stick the nail so deeply in his comments... and here I am trying to explain whatever that he just may not understand... again, it's like you can't really put an engineer as a doctor and try explaining what really works...

So much the better... Something he said wasn't needed at all, but there's no control... Good or bad... Doesn't better... Just apply the subjective listening skills... Keep the good comments, throw the rest out like junk...

What's important is that it's out for critics and then I'll learn from there...

Cheers,

PBS

I agreed with DP's comment too...He's got most of it correct... but constructive comments would be enough though...just saying the firing of the stylist wasn't needed at all... He nailed it, perhaps it wasn't my forte... Personally, I'll tend to take comments better if he's a good shooter... but what's unique is that I don't think he's much a photographer no matter how I look at it... It's like a food critique may not be a good chef himself...but plays the role of the critique so very well... which is the same reason why he would stick the nail so deeply in his comments... and here I am trying to explain whatever that he just may not understand... again, it's like you can't really put an engineer as a doctor and try explaining what really works...

So much the better... Something he said wasn't needed at all, but there's no control... Good or bad... Doesn't better... Just apply the subjective listening skills... Keep the good comments, throw the rest out like junk...

What's important is that it's out for critics and then I'll learn from there...

Cheers,

PBS

Actually, sometimes i felt DP is just like a computer generized programe who just follow all the rules such as messy hairs and cropped limbs plus some sarcastic rhetorics. But when you want him to give you some solutions on how to improve them, i don't he is able to do that. So i usually just take his words as rulers to measure my technical details, but in terms of those innovative portion he resists, just ignore them.

Btw, really admire that you have such a professional MUA, really cool make-ups and styles:thumbsup:

Actually, sometimes i felt DP is just like a computer generized programe who just follow all the rules such as messy hairs and cropped limbs plus some sarcastic rhetorics. But when you want him to give you some solutions on how to improve them, i don't he is able to do that. So i usually just take his words as rulers to measure my technical details, but in terms of those innovative portion he resists, just ignore them.

Btw, really admire that you have such a professional MUA, really cool make-ups and styles:thumbsup:

Matter of fact I think I kinda blessed to have these chaps around me to make sure most if not all things fall in place... Actually I reckon the stylist's effort is most significant, and rather efforts that will go most unsung...

He puts the styles into right perspective, he briefs the stylist and photographer what he wants and what's bad to watch for...I then undertake this instructions carefully and transforms it into a mood we all want, but always hoping we don't repeat what we have done, but then again... How often will that happen? We all know images are repeated unintentionally.... Some have set a style almost significant that when you look at it, you know who's the lensman.... Like David Lachapelle... Till that day a style happens and when a shoot of that budget allow, we'll stick to limitations... sad but true...

It's good to see you keeping this thread alive with newer works.

In fact I went back to looks at all the photos again from Page 1. :thumbsup:

Great Sion... Really heartfelt to know you're still looking through... As much as possible, I would like to keep this thread alive and kicking... It's like a living testimony to what I shoot in and out...

Just different composition and outfit...

6.jpg

here's the final one of it all.. Hope you all like what you see....

7.jpg

hey ced,

hows things man? hope things r good for u man!

it seems that the 2nd one doesnt go with the series, any reason for that?

hey ced,

hows things man? hope things r good for u man!

it seems that the 2nd one doesnt go with the series, any reason for that?

never bad.. but could have been better like always..and you? Which one you talking about? The jumping one? Not enough smoke I think... The moment she jump, she scares the smoke away la...

Status
Not open for further replies.