My recent works

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya.. the photos in this thread looks cool to me. i think DP is really good at making comments. and thats it. i remember seeing the one and only photo he posted of a model in rome, which i remember.. was.. far beyond sucks too.

so are you one of his personal trolls?
everyone is entitled to their comments, and everyone see things differently.
not to mention a picture can be so entirely subjective.
this thread is not counterstrike against DP, so if you have anything personal against him, please start another thread in kopitiam.

meanwhile, enjoy PBS shots.

i absolutely love PBS shots.
when i saw this latest ballerina shot, i too love it, other than the smoke or fog.

i know i got tons to learn because i thought it is already a very nice dreamy portrait till DP comes along, snatch the gun from PBS and fired at him Pointblank.:bsmilie:
what a bloody anti-climax for me.

thanks ah DP.:sticktong

:bsmilie: Doesn't it just happen all the time?? Well, some good comment some bad.. This time I gave it to him...but I'm sure he meant well..

ya.. the photos in this thread looks cool to me. i think DP is really good at making comments. and thats it. i remember seeing the one and only photo he posted of a model in rome, which i remember.. was.. far beyond sucks too.

:bsmilie: nice one... I haven't seen that one... benefit of doubt... everybody's photo deserved to be commented...

PBS, are you a singaporean photographer or overseas photog but based in sgp?
just curious.if inconvenient to spill, pm me.

PBS is as singaporean as can be!

Oh come on, you are a professional, I am merely an amateur!

But then, my question is why did you pose a shot form the "pre clicks of the shoot"? Doesn't CS deserve everyone's best efforts?

If you have a better version, why didn't you post that?

Don't bring up me as a professional, I didn't come to this forum as a professional status chap giving everybody a hard time... I'm maybe making my bucks in photography, but I do have a hobby called photography as well...

No real reason why I posted a image like that... It just goes to show some do not go into such technical details... Bad and good sometimes.... Some choose to like it just the way it is...

Anyway, I just wanted to see how much can retouching salvage an image... Having listen to your comment earlier, I've made a few adjustments like making somebody perpetually thinner, cleaning up hair-dos... This is one colour tone I like.. and something I salvage through a pile of test shots while preparing for shoot...

I think it's salvage worthy this one...

My thoughts on photography and pre thoughts before I did retouching....

1. I did like it surreal.. It's true you mentioned that the lighting was flat, real reason because I wanted it even flatter than what it was supposed during the moment of capture... I thought it was easy shooting flat coloured, but actually easier said than done...

2. The different patches of skin tone? Yup, the smoke made that happened and not really what you called 'uneven lightings, or bad lightings'...

3. I didn't see anything wrong with the poses DP... but that's fine... after all you're the critique... Will see how I can improve on that...

4. I again didn't see anything wrong with my stylist though... Ballet inspired still I'll call it, but I thought 'inspired' was 'inspired'... don't take it word for word... maybe my choice of words went against me... Sorry if that triggered you...

5. Pre-clicks I called it, before I really didn't finalise on camera yet, or even the smoke.. The earliest of shots being clicked just to see how images looks like... Ironically, I like it because the the pose that's seemingly what you detest about most...

6. CS deserves my best efforts, but here's a reality check on how unforgiving our eyes are, even myself... and how crucial we are to other's work but often found our works pleasing....

7. See if there's anything more I should correct from here DP, I really wanna know how much is fake, and how much is real?

The finished pic... just a learning curve everybody should know..

thedone.jpg

Cheers,

PBS

PBS, are you a singaporean photographer or overseas photog but based in sgp?
just curious.if inconvenient to spill, pm me.

local chap just trying to make it good la...

this thread is not counterstrike against DP, so if you have anything personal against him, please start another thread in kopitiam.

dun worry. i won't spoil this thread. neither am i gg to start a new thread. just voicing out some displeasures after reading his comments. tats all.

DP has the good of everyone I think, sometimes his critiques are worth the while... sometimes not at all... a little harsh in tone but that's him... Sometimes I can't agree and really will agree that 'talk is cheap, free in fact', but not everybody gotta like what i've been shooting... but would appreciate if things were just be put to a certain degree of what we call mutual respect....

The last thing I would want is to start another one of those 'bomb here and there' threads... All I needed to know is if people like what they see and what is visually bad...

Cheers to all...

how to get the smoke/fog effect?

machine or ciggies?:bsmilie:

You've seen the earlier raw file...

1. As DP mentioned it's kinda sad looking at it... patchy full of different tones all over, but that's the smoke machine.. Areas 'un-smoked'= full of density, areas smoked=less colour density... It's gonna take more than a chance in a lifetime to get one that's correctly 'smoked', so the idea of using photoshop is more productive once the shot is within reach.

2. Flat lightings is the obvious reason... With a contrast key light, it would be impossible to remove that into something I've shot... Too much smoke caused over-exposure, too little smoke kills the mood.. Place a fan at different heights to secured the smoke at bottom half or top half, and take your chances from there... The only thing I know is that I haven't use a 'soft filter' in photoshop though... nor did I cut and paste heads and bodies around...kekeke... Got witness some more...

Enjoy this series...

3.jpg

no $ buy smoke machine.
can burn leaves instead?
:bsmilie:

Once we tried burning chinese incense, a huge bunch of it, yup, it worked.. the smoke were so much more weight(more obvious) than the ones from the smoke machine... not only that, the smoke were so much more in control.. This's the image using incense... Great shoot... but only to go back with sore eyes...:bsmilie: Cheap and good, but pain to use... let's not even forget the smell of our shirts...

smoke.jpg

The last pic is way cool, Ced! Niceee :)

The last pic is way cool, Ced! Niceee :)

Very long ago already la this shot... but thank you for liking it... What I like is actually more technical about this image, the smoke is behind on behind, and kinda didn't come through to the front of the model....

Very long ago already la this shot... but thank you for liking it... What I like is actually more technical about this image, the smoke is behind on behind, and kinda didn't come through to the front of the model....
Yea.. One fine day I wanna do smoke shots like these too! ;p

Good seeing more of your work again Ced. Prefer the slightly stronger toning of the first one you posted today (ba.jpg) rather than the edited one (thedone.jpg) - the toning around her face is spot on, but would be prefer it if the toning was more even elsewhere, but that's just me.

How's business been ? You've been diving lately ? Trying to plan a trip soon, but need to work out logistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.