My Grandfather Road

I think my sentenced has confused you. I'm saying the vandal is entertaining not about the cleaning part. O$P$ are words used by loan sharks for extorting money from borrowers. Thus obviously illegal. I know any sort of vandal is illegal if they were not permitted. But is the sticker lady extorting money from anyone?

No... she is not... and as far as I know, the authority isn't charging her with extortion... but of vandalism of public property, which incase you don't yet understand... she really did... even if you did 'felt entertain' by her action. :think:

All these will mean that instead of a long sit in jail... she will likely kena fine and sit for a week or two... lucky she is a woman and cannot be caned.

A friend shared this on FB... don't know how to cross-link so I saved it up and post... quite ironical...

7340402754_77a9f097ea.jpg

And are you sure the authority had allowed this... that the person who has pasted that, not caught ?? You and I know how many of this Ads are pasted all over MRT stations and bus stops... you think if any of this person are caught... it would be news worthy ?? And that there will be people in FB trying to 'support' such people ??

And are you sure the authority had allowed this... that the person who has pasted that, not caught ?? You and I know how many of this Ads are pasted all over MRT stations and bus stops... you think if any of this person are caught... it would be news worthy ?? And that there will be people in FB trying to 'support' such people ??

all these AFAIK are ripped off pretty quickly

Art or vandalism can be subjective here in CS but in the eyes of the law, its vandalism. I believe she knew she was acting against the law but she did it nonetheless. While there are people who will defend their rights as "artists", there are also people who will defend their rights to live in a place without vandals. Which side of the law are you on?

Can I do the same to your house but with 'Owe Money Pay Money' instead?

aiyah there is a misunderstanding

if you want to do it and we agree that you pay me an undisclosed sum of money to express your art, then it is not against the law
which means if you pay money and ask permission, everything is ok

in fact if you have alot of money, i can arrange the whole side of a building for you

Last edited:
diver-hloc said:

The numbers listed on these ads are not owned by its real owners. The registered names are usually ppl who owe the ah longs money. That's why police also have hard time dealing with such cases....

My Grandfather Road markings identified as vandal, woman arrested - Channel NewsAsia

What are the justice for being creative? And i wonder why singapore has so little artists. The vandal isn't some explict image or word, it's a form of art and the government fails to see this. Furthermore she was being sentenced to 3 years in prison! Recent Rochor Road Drunk driver almost killed multiple lives and was only sentenced 6 months in jail. What Logic! What justice! :angry::angry::angry:

The lady was just arrested. Not sentenced yet.... FYI

The numbers listed on these ads are not owned by its real owners. The registered names are usually ppl who owe the ah longs money. That's why police also have hard time dealing with such cases....

I agree... but some people here are comparing that since people who pasted Ads are not arrested (yet)... to the current case, according to Lianhe Wanbao, a rich girl who pasted stick and spray paint roads for 'Art' or whatever... is beyond me. :think:

Those Ads paster, when they are arrested... will be handled in the same way as our Artist Sticker lady... our lady 'friend' can only consider herself 'unlucky' to be caught.

Our city state is a clean and vibrant country. Must we emmulate other countries' ' freedom of expressions' ? by allowing
the defacement of public property ? Each country have their own laws, remember the Michael Fay saga we would'nt want
these vandals destroying our property let alone our very own citizens doing the same thing and claimed it's artistic. It's
alot of BS to those who support such trash.

Our city state is a clean and vibrant country. Must we emmulate other countries' ' freedom of expressions' ? by allowing
the defacement of public property ? Each country have their own laws, remember the Michael Fay saga we would'nt want
these vandals destroying our property let alone our very own citizens doing the same thing and claimed it's artistic. It's
alot of BS to those who support such trash.

Sadly... its no longer CLEAN. Which is why anyone who decided to 'Add' more street 'Art' on our roads and walls with paints and stickers... should be handled by the Law. :think:

I have some road RD named after my grandfather in SG... would I get fined too?

No link. Do you know what the "My grandfather's road" saying actually refers to?

well, this would have turned out very differently if it was actually a secret collaboration with the national arts council...

Singapore's not yet ready for our own Banksy

aiyah there is a misunderstanding

if you want to do it and we agree that you pay me an undisclosed sum of money to express your art, then it is not against the law
which means if you pay money and ask permission, everything is ok

in fact if you have alot of money, i can arrange the whole side of a building for you

epic comment is epic

No link. Do you know what the "My grandfather's road" saying actually refers to?

what he is saying is, what if he is on technicality, correct about the claim if he draw?

ans: no. its still public property, regardless of name

Law is law whatever her intentions are she break the law she should be be ready to face the music. Vandalism is vandalism regardless of motives and reason.

I feel sorry for her but I guess she knew what's she's doing is illegal.