LX3 Users Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think now is a good time to buy a LX 3?
with new of a LX4 floating around, and june/july (the period the LXs are released) around the corner?
what do u guys think?

wait for 10 yrs later, LX-20? then. Cfm good buy than the LX-3 now.

what settings should i use to take photos of my dog?

it moves around very frequently and fast.

Would like to take indoor shots and without flash.

After going through the whole manual!
Got a few noob questions to ask..

1. Under AP mode, the figure below F2.0 (can be adjusted using the joystick) means aperture length or focal length?
2. Under SP mode, the figure 1/10 means shutter speed??
3. Manual Exposure: what are the two adjustable figures below?
4. What is the use of the small "Focus" button

Last edited:
A question on Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) on the LX3.

Some say it is cropping, just like we take the photo and crop it on a PC. But isn't the extra zoom (e.g. 60mm vs 100mm) will create a different perspective from simply cropping? Please correct me if I have a wrong understanding.

I can only get the EZ in iA mode. In other mode (e.g. P), even though I set at lower resolution, the zoom stays at 2.5x. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Any one knows how to make the camera create a folder a day..like in Canon camera?

A question on Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) on the LX3.

Some say it is cropping, just like we take the photo and crop it on a PC. But isn't the extra zoom (e.g. 60mm vs 100mm) will create a different perspective from simply cropping? Please correct me if I have a wrong understanding.

I can only get the EZ in iA mode. In other mode (e.g. P), even though I set at lower resolution, the zoom stays at 2.5x. Is that correct?

Thanks.
Any advice please?

updated 2min ago...

its still 1.2 version in the website...where did you find that update?

I've yet to stumble upon this function in creating a folder on a daily basis. I guess LX3 doesn't come with this. However, you can view your pictures on a day-to-day basis as in a calender, just that it doesn't let you create one specifically for it.

On the contrary, if you set it to:
10M - 2.5x
7M - 3x
5M - 3.6x
2 to 3M - 4.5x
I mentioned in my earlier post that I only see EZ in iA mode, that's why asking for help here. And also asked on perspective when using EZ. But so far no luck in getting the answers :(

I don't see 1.3 in your link?

The V1.3 firmware is available for download now

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/LX3/index.html

Here are the improvements:

Improved auto white balance performance.
Improved auto white balance performance in sunset mode.
Improved recovery operation from unremoved lens cap.
Improved operation of MF ASSIST/AF area selection.
Improved display of Manual Exposure Assistance.

Last edited:
Hi, I just got LX-3 for a trip. I have a problem with the review image looking underexposed when viewed in REC mode using the bottom button compared with going into Playback mode.

When using the function button in REC mode the image is much darker than the same one viewed in Playback mode.

It seems there was another CSer here with the same problem. Is this normal, or is my unit defective?

Hi, I just got LX-3 for a trip. I have a problem with the review image looking underexposed when viewed in REC mode using the bottom button compared with going into Playback mode.

When using the function button in REC mode the image is much darker than the same one viewed in Playback mode.

It seems there was another CSer here with the same problem. Is this normal, or is my unit defective?

REC and Playback mode of my LX3 shows same image.
No abnormalities of underexposed or overexposed.

Mine doesnt have this problem.

Think what you need to do is go to REC mode, then go into menu, then go into setup, then go into LCD MODE , then set to the 3rd options (From top to bottom, the last one). Think shld solve your problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.