LX3 Users Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firmware 1.2 the newest right? Anyway should be the same. U know the up down right left button. U click on the up button (exposure). Then u continue to press up a few time should be able to set the flash exposure. If i am nt wrong u got to eject ur flash. Not sure whether can this done in IA mode. Normally i am using A, P, S, M. Camera not with me nw...

Hope this help.

OK, i get what thunderflash means.

when you are is S,P,A,M mode, press the +/- button which is at the up down left right buttons (Not referring to the Q.Menu button).
1st press will show you the autobracketing menu.2nd press will show you the flash exposure which allow you to adjust the power of the flash exposure...

Hope you guys get what im talking.

Ok, finally got it.

Thanks for all the help from bro thunderflash and undergrd...

Enjoy the cam...

hi all LX3 experts, want to check if the 2.0 lense really giv shallow depth of field? does it give you the blurred background effect when taking portraits? Is it also possible to take some quality photos in a studio using the LX3? looking for a compact camera as my powershot is getting old. Thanks all!!

hi all LX3 experts, want to check if the 2.0 lense really giv shallow depth of field? does it give you the blurred background effect when taking portraits? Is it also possible to take some quality photos in a studio using the LX3? looking for a compact camera as my powershot is getting old. Thanks all!!

no it does not give the shallow depth of field due to the sensor/lens size and the short focal length. quality is good but don't expect it to out perform dslr.:)

LX3's big aperture of F2.0 enable you to take pictures with lower ISO and faster shutter speed for the same scene which no other compact/prosumer cameras (max F2.8) can do as of now....which makes it 1 or 2 stops faster.

In fact, the noise level of LX3 is also quite bad from ISO800 and above, which is only slightly better than most PNS and definitely not in the league of DSLR.

Coupled with a wide angle 24mm lens, it's really a nice camera for indoor low light shooting which most PNS will either give you blur images (too low shutter speed) or noisy images (high ISO).

Of course, once m4/3 with LX3 equivalent body size hit the market this come June (by Olympus) and Nov (Lumix LX5?), it will be a different ball game all over again.
:thumbsup:

LX3's big aperture of F2.0 enable you to take pictures with lower ISO and faster shutter speed for the same scene which no other compact/prosumer cameras (max F2.8) can do as of now....which makes it 1 or 2 stops faster.

In fact, the noise level of LX3 is also quite bad from ISO800 and above, which is only slightly better than most PNS and definitely not in the league of DSLR.

Coupled with a wide angle 24mm lens, it's really a nice camera for indoor low light shooting which most PNS will either give you blur images (too low shutter speed) or noisy images (high ISO).

Of course, once m4/3 with LX3 equivalent body size hit the market this come June (by Olympus) and Nov (Lumix LX5?), it will be a different ball game all over again.
:thumbsup:

Ya, I do agree that the disappointment part is the noise level at IS0800, furthermore there isnt any inbetween like ISO640. So quite a restriction to shoot at ISO400 at times...

Last edited:
i got a LX3 from Japan, but it can only display Japanese.
anyone can help me out please

Hi all,
Just got my lumix lx3 & the adaptor.
Wanting to take some close up shot.
Any recommendation of brand of close up lens and size to get?
Was thinking of hoya and 55mm?
Any suggestion for a newbie?
Thanks
Ant

Just got my new LX3. But is it normal for the playback zoom to be very noisy, I'm getting grainy images once zoom to 8x and above?

Hi all,
Just got my lumix lx3 & the adaptor.
Wanting to take some close up shot.
Any recommendation of brand of close up lens and size to get?
Was thinking of hoya and 55mm?
Any suggestion for a newbie?
Thanks
Ant

Hmm i am using Raynox Msn 202.. If you want get it from Jnl. Its an online distributor think selling for $120. Got mine more expensive elsewhere :sweat:

Here are some of my shots done with it, feel free to take a look:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510174

Cheers!

Just got my new LX3. But is it normal for the playback zoom to be very noisy, I'm getting grainy images once zoom to 8x and above?

yea i think so.. Cause Lx3 effective zoom is only 2.5x

hello people,

i smashed my lx3 badly. but,its stil usable. only thing is tat, the play mode tab is loose. and so i cant switch to camera mode for pics. its stil under warranty. but i guess i will have to pay for it as its not manufacturer default right? anyway, do you guys knw how much will it cost for da repair? should i send to panasonic or normal cam shops? :bheart:

MANY THANKS!
QOJ

Hi guys,

I'm using a Canon 40D and for low-light, I normally use a Sigma 30mm f1.4. I ike it to take photo of my 1 yr old son. However, given all the barang barang that you need for a day out with children, sometimes its difficult to bring the DSLR if its just to the mall or somewhere 'regular'. Still, it would be nice to capture some shots on these 'regular' times.

I haven't seen many shots of kids with the LX3 and wondering if anyone could share their experiences and kids. I know that its no DSLR and start-up + autofocus is a bit slow... but is it too slow for kids? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I'm using a Canon 40D and for low-light, I normally use a Sigma 30mm f1.4. I ike it to take photo of my 1 yr old son. However, given all the barang barang that you need for a day out with children, sometimes its difficult to bring the DSLR if its just to the mall or somewhere 'regular'. Still, it would be nice to capture some shots on these 'regular' times.

I haven't seen many shots of kids with the LX3 and wondering if anyone could share their experiences and kids. I know that its no DSLR and start-up + autofocus is a bit slow... but is it too slow for kids? Thanks in advance.

;) Same gang as me.

I sold off my Canon D400 recently, changed to LX3 instead. Well, goto say that I kinda miss the fast (of the moment) nice close up shots of my little gal with the bokeh effect nicely create on my 50mm F1.4. However, the trade off is that the LX3 is really quite handy and sharp. No less the bokeh effect is there, but the F2 - 2.2 is only achieved when you go closer, keeping the range no more than 30mm otherwise you not gonna get the aperture. Thus, the thing I miss is the "sudden" shots that can only be achieved on a DSLR.

After of about 2 weeks w the LX3, must say its a fantastic cam to bring along. Shots are beautifully taken + the slight flexibility of a prosumer functionality. Not regretting it, even though pics taken above ISO 400 is horrid.

My prime lens is still with me .. hahah .. afraid 1 day I'll get bored of Lx3. ;)

Last edited:
hello people,
i smashed my lx3 badly.

Should change your nick first! :bsmilie: <sorry for the OT, can't help it!>
Ask Pana to change the switch for you if nothing else is faulty.

Last edited:

I'm not a LX 3 user, but you may wish to check this out as I encountered:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5014123&postcount=139

Hi all!!!

Just got my LX3 today!!!!
Can't wait to try it out. But kinda blurred by the buttons on the camera cos always been a normal digi cam user.
Wish me luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.