LX3 Users Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my LX3 yday to replace my aging FZ8..

b4 i got it another guy also got the LX3..
hot property ah..
but i m slow i think..

the LX3 threads r getting less "hot"

is recession now, popular or not popular, does it matter?
besides i still have my very old FZ5 with me...

In LX3 auto-bracketing mode, the maximum number I can set is +-1. Can I set this number to 2?

I realised the iA mode does not have RAW files. I also noticed that shooting with Fine JPEG instead of JPEG and RAW produces sharper pictures. nHas anyone experienced this?

Hi iNotion,

Thanks for sharing the article.
Does this means that the LX3 conversion algorithm under pure JPEG mode is different compared to RAW+JPEG mode?

hmmm...yes. they don't called it "raw" for nothing.
here is a good read for you, if you want to know more.
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/RAW-file-format.htm

iNotion, thank you for the link. But I think you misunderstood me. I am not comparing raw and jpeg. In LX3, there is a mode where you can have both JPEG and Raw in one click. It seems that the JPEG in this mode is not as clear as the JPEG format only mode.

I also noticed that in JPEG format, there is some distortion on the people at the sides of the pic if you take group portraits. Raw does not have this problem. Does anyone else notice this or is it my set only?

does anyone know how to attach the lens cap string to the lens cap?i still can't figure it out

does anyone know how to attach the lens cap string to the lens cap?i still can't figure it out

you can refer to page 12 of the softcopy manual

Hey,
I have accidentally deleted the .jpg that came with the .mov that I have taken. Realising that I couldn't play the .mov anymore after deleting the .jpg I tried recovering the deleted jpg on the sdcard. Pictures weren't in good condition when I recovered them. Can't even preview them. Probably already corrupted.
Is there a way out? Like say create a 'dummy' jpg for the mov files to work. I believe they are the preview frame shot for the .mov.

i guess nobody knows about this...

you can't. software limitation i guess, no idea why they never give +/-2 AEB. i do it manually instead. +/- 1ev not enough for HDR.

Hi all,

A newbie here just got my LX 3 2 days ago. As I am using a window xp currently so unable to view the raw images. After reading up, i understand that it is possible to use a 3rd party programme. May i know where can i grab it?

Thanks in advance

I realised the iA mode does not have RAW files. I also noticed that shooting with Fine JPEG instead of JPEG and RAW produces sharper pictures. nHas anyone experienced this?

are u from [East Stallions]?

hi Ppl,

Im still considering getting a LX3, just want to ask whether is it very inconvenient when taking pics as there isnt much of a telephoto capability?

hi Ppl,

Im still considering getting a LX3, just want to ask whether is it very inconvenient when taking pics as there isnt much of a telephoto capability?

Sometimes it does but if also depends on your shooting habits and subject you like to shoot. Just like it is impossible to shoot the birds in the tree with this camera (the bird will be so small) but useful if you shooting landscape or close up with wide angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.