LX3 Users Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you also need to consider whether to use flash or not, i have taken some indoor shots like gathering, set aperture to 2.0 and take one with flash and one without, surprisingly one with flash turn out better than one without

test it out first before the actual day itself

I get ur point...was ur gathering venue at those places w dark or uneven lighting? I find LX3's built in flash pretty strong even at flash intensity at -2. I estimated the timing and lighting condition for my situation probably will b ok w/o flash but m more concerned abt the cam's settings for picture results...

no, it was in the house and the lighting was pretty even

I get ur point...was ur gathering venue at those places w dark or uneven lighting? I find LX3's built in flash pretty strong even at flash intensity at -2. I estimated the timing and lighting condition for my situation probably will b ok w/o flash but m more concerned abt the cam's settings for picture results...

I got a Lumix LX3 tube Adaptor (to 52mm) Emolux with 0.45mm Wide Angle Lens at John 3:16 (Funan) for S$150! They got another set for same price for 0.5mm wide angle and Macro lens.

Anyone got any idea where to get ZOOM lens since the LX3 zoom is only 2.5x ?

Also, any idea where to get Lomo camera?

Cheers!

I got a Lumix LX3 tube Adaptor (to 52mm) Emolux with 0.45mm Wide Angle Lens at John 3:16 (Funan) for S$150! They got another set for same price for 0.5mm wide angle and Macro lens.

Anyone got any idea where to get ZOOM lens since the LX3 zoom is only 2.5x ?

Also, any idea where to get Lomo camera?

Cheers!

i enquired at john 3:16 yesterday as well, and was quoted for $109 without adapter..

in the end, i got my 0.5x wide angle and macro lens at $68 at AP Funan.

I was trying to take a macro shot just now in P mode and when holding the button down halfway, a red icon appeared at the top-left of the screen. It was a camera surrounded by many curvy lines. Looked something like that: ((( camera )))

Any idea what it meant? The camera beeped a few times too so I guess it's indicating something?

Also, another question: One AF Focus mode has a 1-Area focus (Square within square icon). Another mode has the exact same icon except with a H at the bottom. What does this second focus mode do?

If there's any convenient place where I can get answers about my LX-3, do tell me because after months of usage, I'm still slightly confused by how its manual controls work. Thanks :)

What happened to your instruction manual?
Lost it? :dunno:
What you are asking is on page 36 and page 84 of the manual.
And I don't even have the camera. :what:

i enquired at john 3:16 yesterday as well, and was quoted for $109 without adapter..

in the end, i got my 0.5x wide angle and macro lens at $68 at AP Funan.

WOW! That is quite cheap at S$68 at Allan Photo. Is it also made in Japan lens? Who can advise what zoom lens to buy ?

This is the Wide Angle Lens I have purchased with adaptor type for S$150. I think I was conned since the sales person told me it is MADE-IN-JAPAN when the website clearly shows it is made in Fujian, China. It is ok if I pay higher, etc. But to cheat me of the source of manufacture is unwanted and very unprofessional. So long John 3:16, it is the last time I will buy anything from you.

EMOLUX is CHINA Made not Japan Made. Please note fellow photographers.

http://www.sgcosmos.com/views.asp?hw_id=61&sort_id=7&nsort_id=26

Has anyone used C-AF in conjunction with tracking AF and Face Detection before? can I ask is there still a need to press the shutter halfway down to focus or I can just directly press the shutter fully to shoot? :think:

hmm.. i don't even use pre AF. save me all the battery :D

In case anybody tinking of replacing the lens:

"Dear Sir

The charges for the lens will be around $257.72 (Currently there's not stock, we need to place order, duration of shipment will be 4-6weeks)

As for the service charge : $60 is applicable if its our of warranty.

Warmest Regards"

This is the Wide Angle Lens I have purchased with adaptor type for S$150. I think I was conned since the sales person told me it is MADE-IN-JAPAN when the website clearly shows it is made in Fujian, China. It is ok if I pay higher, etc. But to cheat me of the source of manufacture is unwanted and very unprofessional. So long John 3:16, it is the last time I will buy anything from you.

EMOLUX is CHINA Made not Japan Made. Please note fellow photographers.

http://www.sgcosmos.com/views.asp?hw_id=61&sort_id=7&nsort_id=26

where did you buy this? in fact most shops sell this brand. and i believe it is not only compatible with LX3, it is compatible with some other compacts as well.

Anyone knows is the BS-1 hotshoe cover available in LORD?

In case anybody tinking of replacing the lens:

"Dear Sir

The charges for the lens will be around $257.72 (Currently there's not stock, we need to place order, duration of shipment will be 4-6weeks)

As for the service charge : $60 is applicable if its our of warranty.

Warmest Regards"

lolz...so the 1 yr warranty is only to waive the $60 service charge? Alot companies are playing w the "consumer laws' loop holes" and sad to say, this part of sg law is the weakest or cant b bothered to improve area

lolz...so the 1 yr warranty is only to waive the $60 service charge? Alot companies are playing w the "consumer laws' loop holes" and sad to say, this part of sg law is the weakest or cant b bothered to improve area
I think it depends on whether it is interior or exterior damage to the product.
If it is interior damage, normally the 1 year warranty will cover all of it.
If the lens got wet or scratched, don't think any companies will give u a new lens for free.
It is a market practice that they will need to waive off any service charges within the year of warranty.

Last edited:
lolz...so the 1 yr warranty is only to waive the $60 service charge?...

I think it depends on whether it is interior or exterior damage to the product.
If it is interior damage, normally the 1 year warranty will cover all of it.
If the lens got wet or scratched, don't think any companies will give u a new lens for free.
It is a market practice that they will need to waive off any service charges within the year of warranty.

I tink if interior damage = can't be caused by user = manufacturer's defect AND if under warranty, normally will waive totally lah.

Hi all LX-3 users,

after seeing all the photos, very interested to get a LX-3. Being newbie, am wondering if most of u guys shoot this beauty w/o any additional adapters?

And what kind of additional gadgets should i get along with my LX3.

pls shed some light.

thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.