Looking for Clubsnap Fastest Car Driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aton said:
A cesnna take off speed is 60 knots or 111 km/h, normal cruising speed is about 157km/h.

Most of you are "flying" faster than an aeroplane.

Have done 175km/h on a rented Hyundai Accent in Perth but only a few minutes. vibrate when applied brakes to slow down.

Crazy Perth drivers! haha

I guess ditto to those crazy NS-Highway drivers as well! :bsmilie:

chainsmoker said:
Where i can understand the exhilaration in overspeeding, neither do i wish to damped the excitement here. Heres a very serious consequences in doin so, not just being caught be teepee.
Please use the race track and not endanger others.

The pictures attached below are extremely gruesome, not for the faint hearted or ppl abt to conceive. Pls do not click on it if your offended by such pics.
car crash

this is probably a very good reminder to not only me, but probably to a lot of people as well. that pic of the head trauma may be grotesque, but looking at it has sort of made me decided to slow down as well.

and i usually drive at 100km/h, that's all. the fastest i've gone is 120, which obviously can't be compared to many people here...

but hey... i want my life... thanks...

Early last year I had the opportunity to drive from Denmark to Hamburg in Germany. Of course when I hit the autobahn I couldn't help myself and had to go as fast as the car I was driving could possibly go. I had a Volvo S60 2.4L ( a bit of a boat really) and managed 220km/h on the speedo (213km/h on the GPS). I did a couple of times when the road cleared up enough and managed to hold it for about 15 mins.

As fast as that was, I was still dissapointed as I was hoping to hit 250 - I actually had an Audi A8 4.2L V8 booked but cancelled because the snow was too heavy - 1 hour after cancelling the snow stopped, but of course the Audi had gone to the next person in line by then. I'll be back there in April and may try again if I have some free time.

As soon as the gallery is back up on the Audi forum that I posted the pic of the speedo on I'll post it here.

My fastest experience was about 220km/h in a Ford Mondeo. That was on a straight downhill slope on a French highway, slowed down after that as there were 4 other passengers, don't want to put too many lives at risk:sweat:

I did drove on an average of about 190-195km/h on a Renault Espace(about its max speed) and on the Ford Mondeo for an extended period of time(at least 1hr??) on French and German highway. Actually in Germany autobahn, you can see some of the big BMWs, Mercs, Audis and VWs driving at 200+km/h. You'll feel tempted to drive at that kind of speed, but when you think that there are other people lives in your hands, you'll just have to curb that temptation and drive at a more sensible speed(even though it may be quite fast).

The best place to feel the speed is still at a race track. Don't put unneccessary risk onto others. You may be a good driver but there will always be some cuckoo drivers who are blind and don't know how to react to your fast approaching car.

190 km/h, toyata altis 1.6

going to redang from k.l

im pretty sure the car can go faster but it's limited:dunno: .

was stuck at 4k rpm on 4th gear @190

Pro Image said:
Drove my friend's GT-R34 SKYLINE in KL highway with full mod of 600 HP.

Took less than a minute to reach 274kmh but due to the highway does not have a long stretch that was the max I could go.......:sweat:

my friend fully mod R34 only 550+hp, i think 600hp not the max yet, still can go higher if got $$ to throw in.

sat in his car from home to tuas on a weekday morning, took 15min, with an average of 160km/h, if take taxi usually take 30min or more

You guys are lucky to be still alive writing these posts. If you guys really want to boast about speed, tell us your experience on bends on the official racing tracks, not on straight public roads and highways.

For the record, my fastest experience was 140km/hr on a 1.6l Holden in Auckland, New Zealand. I regretted driving that fast as I was with my wife, if something happened to my wife, or if I have caused any injury to anyone on the road, I will never forgive myself.

Now, I am a father of 2, the highest speed I drive on a straight clear road is 100km+/- and I always leave a big gap between my car and the car in front.

Just like to say, be safe, not sorry and DON'T SPEED for the sake of the children and your love ones.

And I would appreciate if the thread-starter can close this thread, I think we have had enough, and I am sure you don't want to send the wrong message or give the wrong perception to the young people here in CS.

coolegg said:
You guys are lucky to be still alive writing these posts. If you guys really want to boast about speed, tell us your experience on bends on the official racing tracks, not on straight public roads and highways.

For the record, my fastest experience was 140km/hr on a 1.6l Holden in Auckland, New Zealand. I regretted driving that fast as I was with my wife, if something happened to my wife, or if I have caused any injury to anyone on the road, I will never forgive myself.

Now, I am a father of 2, the highest speed I drive on a straight clear road is 100km+/- and I always leave a big gap between my car and the car in front.

Just like to say, be safe, not sorry and DON'T SPEED for the sake of the children and your love ones.

And I would appreciate if the thread-starter can close this thread, I think we have had enough, and I am sure you don't want to send the wrong message or give the wrong perception to the young people here in CS.

That is the thing. We were young once and just had to do it. I was with a co driver who was willing to take a risk.......if wifey of course not so fast lar. I had an ex gf who loves the thrill of speed and she felt so bored with me driving below 100kmh.....haha!
:bsmilie:

Wai said:
my friend fully mod R34 only 550+hp, i think 600hp not the max yet, still can go higher if got $$ to throw in.

sat in his car from home to tuas on a weekday morning, took 15min, with an average of 160km/h, if take taxi usually take 30min or more

Yeah I know R34 can be modded up to 1100bhp with over size cam shaft, over size pistons and valve. I think you friend is driving very slow at 160km/h.......if a taxi takes 30mins, your friends R34 can take less than 10mins in actual fact to reach your destination.

My friend's R34 although is only modded up to 600bhp but he has his laptop placed on the passeger dashboard for full control of his car power. He can increase to 700+ but just for a few minutes due to the great heat that is producing in the heart of the engine.

wait till the cops get to this thread. :think:

i dont have driving licence..lolz

CYRN said:
tot jap cars are in kmh and are limited to 180kmh electronically.:dunno:

The one I had was a US model (was in the States then), and in the States it's in mph, not kmh lah :)

CYRN said:
tot jap cars are in kmh and are limited to 180kmh electronically.:dunno:

180Mph will make a commercial car break apart.

coolegg said:

You are right. After my close call, I keep to certain speeds depending on road conditions, weather and of course my own condition. Of course these speeds might sometimes still exceed speed limits, but certainly not by as much as before. I remember one trip up north where I was going about 160km/h as I was feeling a little tired and my gf actually commented I was crawling. In a bimmer 7 series on a clear day straight road and with little traffic, it does feel quite slow.:bsmilie:

Anyway, the fastest I was able to reach on Sepang Track was only about 200km/h on the straight. My 308 was already floored, and with the first bend approaching fast, I ran out of balls and lifted. The 355s and 360s can reach 250/260 on the same stretch! I agree that the track is the best place to be if you wish to speed. Remember guys, Pasir Gudang is really quite close if you want to do so. :thumbsup:

Think before you speed.

didn't check speedo 4 me,
but @ what speed does the
broken short white lines becomes a single line?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.