K-01 Unboxing ...

How is the AF performance of the K-01? Is the speed and accuracy comparable to the PDAF of the K-x at least? I know pinholecam mentioned that AF speed is similar to first generation m4/3 cameras but I really have no experience with mirrorless cams...

Also, are the focus points user selectable or is it fully automatic (as some of the preview videos on youtube suggests)?

AF speed is probably a bit slower than K-x w/ PDAF, but faster than K-1 in CDAF. Yes, focus points can be set to auto, center point or user select.

fengwei said:
AF speed is probably a bit slower than K-x w/ PDAF, but faster than K-1 in CDAF. Yes, focus points can be set to auto, center point or user select.

I think the term "focus point" is a bit confusing. It sounds like we're talking about a PDAF camera. :) Can you choose the focus area freely like GH2 or 5N or can you only select from the predefined array?

I think the term "focus point" is a bit confusing. It sounds like we're talking about a PDAF camera. :) Can you choose the focus area freely like GH2 or 5N or can you only select from the predefined array?

can only select from predefined array and the predefined array is covering about roughly 80% of the screen. you can also change the size of the focus area. this will be in the user selection mode

Predefined array

Just bought K-01 Bumblebee with pancake 40mm F2.8 lens at Alan Photo.
To my surprise, all for $980 including 8GB SD card, Small bag got "Pentax" text and screen protector(I did ask Uncle Dennis). Hooray.....

Just bought K-01 Bumblebee with pancake 40mm F2.8 lens at Alan Photo.
To my surprise, all for $980 including 8GB SD card, Small bag got "Pentax" text and screen protector(I did ask Uncle Dennis). Hooray.....

SLS or Funnan ?

wanted to try out shooting raw in hi continuous mode but it turns out i cant select the mode! only lo continuous mode is select-able. its only when i switch back to jpeg then i can select hi continuous mode. just check the manual and it said hi continuous mode not available for raw. wat a bummer :/

thanks again for great sharing from big bro fengwei,
(I still have your 50mm f2.0 M lens)
my recent work have me shift to taking video
and I do a lot manual Kx video
care to share some k-01 video?
<1k price is really nice....

thanks again for great sharing from big bro fengwei,
(I still have your 50mm f2.0 M lens)
my recent work have me shift to taking video
and I do a lot manual Kx video
care to share some k-01 video?
<1k price is really nice....

I'll try to take some video tomorrow during our Pentax outing :)