Items From DD Electronics

Just to share my experience dealing with the boss Glen from DD recently, friendly and honor his sales with a great response and a short delivery time. I order a 600mm lens on Monday and it arrived on Friday, it's much cheaper than the agent set also come with an additional 3 years of professional warranty by 3rd party.They did their sales in a pro way..:):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

new member who posted for only one post to promote the service of DD "again":bsmilie:

Well we can't blame folks who dun quite believe new members who say shop is so good. I believe firmly this practice is rampant too.

But I am going to put in my 2 cents worth after buying 2 lenses from them.

Yes, there are not the cheapest for many items. But this is what I paid for the lens.
But they really do give a 2% less quoted price with GST if pay by cash! unlike other shops that practice the reverse, pay quoted price if by cash more if not. Sometimes gotta wait a few days for stock too.

1) Ef 24-105L $1390 nett

2) Tamron 18-270 $656 nett

Correct me if I am wrong but I cant seem to find any cheaper price in any Sg shop for the 24-105, lets not count buying from HK or US. Only thing I can fault is that I was not told it was part of a kit lens(white box)

As for the Tamron I cant find anywhere in the world cheaper!

When I first bought the lenses I thought I better be careful as so cheap sure got problem. But as far as I am concerned, the 2 I got are even slightly just slightly better than average.

As for buying local set, even with warranty, some bloody agents take so long so many time before they actually fix it. Case in point XXXXA brand lens in 2005(XXXXXA is ok they resolved my problem within 3 days spot on)one side so soft that even can see in 4R. They pretended to fix it and claimed ok but it was no damn difference. Then send to "Japan" 2 mths slightly better. I gave up.

Well I dun wanna sound like I work for them. But if we buy shop warranty, we better lower our expectations and assume it will be diff to claim warranty.
If you shoot for living then buy local.
But if you like me spend more dollars then my shutter count and if the average repair bill is lower than the savings. You multiply the probability by the nett savings hey why not buy shop warranty. I think buying Canon L is ok. Their QC is much higher then others and very reliable. Furthermore, after 1 year you sell, the resale is not diff from local set!

Some of their items (new somemore) is even cheaper than those used and out of warranty items in B&S. Bought a canon 430exii from them at $365.60 ($373 less 2% by cash). Saw in B&S selling without warranty for $390.

Similarly, someone selling 580exii for $620 when DD is selling at $605 with 2% off by cash.

as usual.............no matter what shop, trade with care amd research............... this shop seems only familiar to CS 'newcomers' ..........most CS regulars I hang out with (even the kiam siap ones ha ha ha :) ) have not been to or dealt with this shop before..........

Don't be too skeptical to try new things if there is/are something better. How you know if you (and your "regular" CS friends) not even try to buy online from them before?

What I saw myself that day I exchanged my "white spot problem" 550d, there were three customers queuing up to buy DSLRs. One of them was a sincere "uncle" upgrade to 7D + 15-85 and he told me he regularly buy from them (accessories++++)..

BTW, do check before you buy from DD, I have a list (built myself), prove that the prices list there:

1. Not always cheaper than others. (e.g. Tamron 17-50 VC - $986 is far expensive than some others, for accessories too, their prices are "expensive")

2. The price (especially lenses) might increase from time to time. (e.g. Canon 70-200 L non-IS - they put $834 on 12 Sep. 2010 and today they increase to $916), Huh??!!

Beware...... My advice is : Do some researches if you intend to buy "high-price" product(s).....

Ordered items from DD 10 days ago but till now no see items. Giving the benefit of doubts still unable to comments much because still awaiting for their advise.

This is what happened:

- 10days ago: found panasonic items on DD website really cheaper than local shop, hence placed order online. Called up their CS and was told item they do not have ex-stock for panasonic and need to order and will takes about 1.5weeks.
- 7days ago: revisited their website and found similar item's price increased. Check my order item price still remains as per ordered. I thought "heng ah".So await for their call/email to pick up item
- 4days ago: wrote a email ask for their estimation of item arrival date. No reply.
- today: still no email reply. Hence called their CS and was told that they had yet to order the item because their supplier don't carry it ex-stock. They need to source/check again and will call me back by tomorrow.

I certainly hope they will be able to source the items quickly, because as mentioned it should be 1.5 weeks but I was surprise till today they have not get a supply and did not inform me if I haven't called them. Let's hope its not due to the fact that they realise the "cost increase" that's why they are delaying the items.

As stated I am still unable to give them a thumb's up or down. Let's wait and see.

Ordered items from DD 10 days ago but till now no see items. Giving the benefit of doubts still unable to comments much because still awaiting for their advise.

This is what happened:

- 10days ago: found panasonic items on DD website really cheaper than local shop, hence placed order online. Called up their CS and was told item they do not have ex-stock for panasonic and need to order and will takes about 1.5weeks.
- 7days ago: revisited their website and found similar item's price increased. Check my order item price still remains as per ordered. I thought "heng ah".So await for their call/email to pick up item
- 4days ago: wrote a email ask for their estimation of item arrival date. No reply.
- today: still no email reply. Hence called their CS and was told that they had yet to order the item because their supplier don't carry it ex-stock. They need to source/check again and will call me back by tomorrow.

I certainly hope they will be able to source the items quickly, because as mentioned it should be 1.5 weeks but I was surprise till today they have not get a supply and did not inform me if I haven't called them. Let's hope its not due to the fact that they realise the "cost increase" that's why they are delaying the items.

As stated I am still unable to give them a thumb's up or down. Let's wait and see.

any idea if their panasonic compact comes with SD card and case?

I'm currently shopping around for the Sigma 150-500mm lens for Nikon and the price seem to hover around S$1600 in most shops.

DD is offering the same lens for an unbelievably low price of S$1185
http://ddelectronics.com.sg/products/Sigma-150%2d500mm-Lens-APO-DG-OS-HSM-Nikon-Mount-.html#

I'm a bit doubtful as to why the low, low price? Is the item used? Or any other reason why they would sell an item very much below the price of other shops? No warranty?

I'm currently shopping around for the Sigma 150-500mm lens for Nikon and the price seem to hover around S$1600 in most shops.

http://ddelectronics.com.sg/products/Sigma-150%2d500mm-Lens-APO-DG-OS-HSM-Nikon-Mount-.html#

I'm a bit doubtful as to why the low, low price? Is the item used? Or any other reason why they would sell an item very much below the price of other shops? No warranty?

You can call and visit them before you decided to pay. Just go there and take a look at what you order; if not happy it, just don't pay for it. Consumer right!:thumbsup:

For your info: I bought 550D (Kiss X4 badge) 1025 (before -2% pay cash) last month. Today they sell $966 (before -2% pay cash). Perhaps is the US currency "drop":sweat: Their boss is Australian (Aussie currency pair with USD during yesterday trade - The Straits Time @ 15 October 2010 - World).

One more thing, they give the warranty themselves for most of the models. So can be consider "GREY" set if you want to. But if you trust their "capability" to "warranty" your products, then you buy it. I already exchanged one to one for 550D after 1 week, due to one pixel error of the sensor of the old one:)

any idea if their panasonic compact comes with SD card and case?

You can call them up & check. Their CS is friendly.

Anything with the sigma batch will be more expensive, typically 20-40% more expensive than what you can get online from hk with shipping and gst. This is because of two reasons, first being the local set comes with 2.5years warranty from local distro and more importantly, the sigma distro in singapore is just PLAIN GREEDY.

I got a canon lens from them. The price for the set was around the same as a used set on bns here. Great guy to deal with and the shop is indeed a proper camera shop, so no worries. However, there is no international warranty card included and not all their items are cheaper than local set.

Well we can't blame folks who dun quite believe new members who say shop is so good. I believe firmly this practice is rampant too.

But I am going to put in my 2 cents worth after buying 2 lenses from them.

Yes, there are not the cheapest for many items. But this is what I paid for the lens.
But they really do give a 2% less quoted price with GST if pay by cash! unlike other shops that practice the reverse, pay quoted price if by cash more if not. Sometimes gotta wait a few days for stock too.

1) Ef 24-105L $1390 nett

2) Tamron 18-270 $656 nett

Correct me if I am wrong but I cant seem to find any cheaper price in any Sg shop for the 24-105, lets not count buying from HK or US. Only thing I can fault is that I was not told it was part of a kit lens(white box)

As for the Tamron I cant find anywhere in the world cheaper!

When I first bought the lenses I thought I better be careful as so cheap sure got problem. But as far as I am concerned, the 2 I got are even slightly just slightly better than average.

As for buying local set, even with warranty, some bloody agents take so long so many time before they actually fix it. Case in point XXXXA brand lens in 2005(XXXXXA is ok they resolved my problem within 3 days spot on)one side so soft that even can see in 4R. They pretended to fix it and claimed ok but it was no damn difference. Then send to "Japan" 2 mths slightly better. I gave up.

Well I dun wanna sound like I work for them. But if we buy shop warranty, we better lower our expectations and assume it will be diff to claim warranty.
If you shoot for living then buy local.
But if you like me spend more dollars then my shutter count and if the average repair bill is lower than the savings. You multiply the probability by the nett savings hey why not buy shop warranty. I think buying Canon L is ok. Their QC is much higher then others and very reliable. Furthermore, after 1 year you sell, the resale is not diff from local set!

Thanks Bro, initially was skeptical about DD but after reading your post I have made another step of confidence in purchasing something from them. Btw, I am also looking at the Tamron 18-270mm which I think they are still the cheapest around, about 270$ cheaper.

BTW, do check before you buy from DD, I have a list (built myself), prove that the prices list there:

1. Not always cheaper than others. (e.g. Tamron 17-50 VC - $986 is far expensive than some others, for accessories too, their prices are "expensive")

2. The price (especially lenses) might increase from time to time. (e.g. Canon 70-200 L non-IS - they put $834 on 12 Sep. 2010 and today they increase to $916), Huh??!!

Beware...... My advice is : Do some researches if you intend to buy "high-price" product(s).....

YOu're right, some of their prices are way higher than local shop. The 17-50 VC is indeed high, I found a local shop who quoted me $888 incl gst. plus foc filter w/3yrs warranty. I guess, a thread should be started to monitor their ever fluctuating prices. Any comment?

When dealing with gray sets, always make the assumption that the shop warranty might not materialize when you need them. And then, look at the price difference between a local set and the gray set. If the price difference is big enough (for you), then go ahead with the purchase. With DD, I understand you don't have to hand over the money over the internet if you go to their office to collect. COD is good when you don't know the shop or its people and can back out at the last minute if the merchandise is not what you have expected.

You can call them up & check. Their CS is friendly.

Yes, I did call and was informed that SD and case not included

When dealing with gray sets, always make the assumption that the shop warranty might not materialize when you need them. And then, look at the price difference between a local set and the gray set. If the price difference is big enough (for you), then go ahead with the purchase. With DD, I understand you don't have to hand over the money over the internet if you go to their office to collect. COD is good when you don't know the shop or its people and can back out at the last minute if the merchandise is not what you have expected.

Exactly my thoughts.

Does grey set really matter since it is covered with warranty by the shop although not from csc? Unless the set is a duplica or sort of those then i suppose it does matter ya. Since price is cheap for many lenses from dd elect, save some money for other lens also. It all depends on individual i guess. Should I be incorrect, how about purchase canon lens from HK with international warranty convered in singapore? I don't know........maybe someone with such experience can help to advice here for csers knowledge.

Got the ordered items from DD earlier. One item received on time around 2 week and the other on the end of 3th, slightly later than their quoted earlier which is 1.5 week. Good thing is that they still honour the old pricing even their price is increased by quite alot (about $100 more for both items). Another plus point is that the gentleman who deal with me is very friendly and nice.

But when I was there for the first collection, there's an small reasoning between the ang mo boss and a customer, due to mistake made on DD website between SGD & USD, which DD boss said he can't honour but willing to sell that customer at his cost. I don't know the conclusion as I left after that. Hope they don't make similar mistake in their website to create unneccessary dispute.

Overall, a thumb up for them for their "much cheaper than local" price and friendly service. But you need a little patience in awaiting for stock.