Items From DD Electronics

Hi Guys,

What's the concerns about DD Electronics.
So far i have gotten my Sigma 50mm 1.4 & Canon 24-105mm from them.
They seem OK to me the Canon lens is code UY and the Sigma covered also the front and back focusing issue.

Why so worried after all the price are still cheaper than some on the B&S which has no warranty covered at all.

Cheers,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

What's the concerns about DD Electronics.
So far i have gotten my Sigma 50mm 1.4 & Canon 24-105mm from them.
They seem OK to me the Canon lens is code UY and the Sigma covered also the front and back focusing issue.

Why so worried after all the price are still cheaper than some on the B&S which has no warranty covered at all.

Cheers,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

not all their pdts are cheaper... need to do research prior to your purchase..

I have bought a 550d last two week. After taken some photos at long shutter, there is a tiny "white spot" (over exposed) in every photos (one malfunction pixel). I got a New Camera exchanged from them after that. So, I am very happy with their service.
Actually the 5 days old camera which has "white spot" problem already been used to take about 600 photos before I send it back to them for exchanging.... :)

I have bought a 550d last two week. After taken some photos at long shutter, there is a tiny "white spot" (over exposed) in every photos (one malfunction pixel). I got a New Camera exchanged from them after that. So, I am very happy with their service.
Actually the 5 days old camera which has "white spot" problem already been used to take about 600 photos before I send it back to them for exchanging.... :)

Yup I believe you =D

as usual.............no matter what shop, trade with care amd research............... this shop seems only familiar to CS 'newcomers' ..........most CS regulars I hang out with (even the kiam siap ones ha ha ha :) ) have not been to or dealt with this shop before..........

Last edited:
Newcomers forever happy with their service/price. We should boycott this shop. Resorting to such tactics somemore means no customers in the first place.

Before i got my 70-200 F4L lens, i nearly wanted to get it from DD but of cos i did some read up here and also on their warranty policy stated on DD's web.Thought about it, i rather pay abit more to have a piece of mind and know that if there's anything wrong with the lens, i can approach CSC direct.

Obtained a 7D from them a few days ago.

Order took a while to arrive, price dropped during the process. They gave me the new price and took 2% off it for using cash payment.

Ended up around $1842 for a brand new grey set 7D with 1 year shop warranty.

Cheaper than some used 7Ds going on BnS...

Order took a while to arrive, price dropped during the process. They gave me the new price and took 2% off it for using cash payment.

Question is how will the shop warranty respond when the need arises?
Will they play hard to get?

Question is how will the shop warranty respond when the need arises?
Will they play hard to get?

:thumbsup: ya, rather get local set, suay suay spoil how?

I have not had the experience of the item being spoilt / needing servicing yet so I cannot say how the experience will be. I am slightly more positive though, as i have visited their shop and interacted with the sales people.

Taking the issue of claiming warranty aside, the reason why I bought from them is because for the price I paid, I would only be able to get an out-of-warranty set or almost-out-of-warranty second hand set.

A brand new set with local warranty costs about $300 more than what I paid.

You could say I am willing to take the risk (after all.... if you do buy things on BnS.. there is quite a bit of risk too..)

cheers

Ya agreed on "buy things on BnS" is riskier than getting brand new one
cam stuff hard to spoilt one lah I feel..or have I been lucky so far ***touch wood****

good price.

How long did u wait for your 7d?

how about those freebies you will get from buying locally?

I bought my Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 non-VC from DD Electronics online for rock bottom price of $493 after 2% discount coz I paid cash last June. So far so good the item! And the owner was so approchable when I collected the item the next day. I am planning to to buy the Canon Speedlite 580EX II from them soon as the price is too far better from other shops I enquired...

How long did u wait for your 7d?
Almost 2 weeks. Priced dropped in the process, so I suppose... its "good"

how about those freebies you will get from buying locally?
Not planning to get those canon lenses / flash / battery grip in promotion, so doesn't really matter for me

I have CF cards.... I have camera bag.... so those does not matter too..

One can look at it as "selling" off the freebies and "trading" the local warranty for shop warranty for about $300 discount.