How many Canon A40 owners here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in. Just got one A40... for $249 cash. (used $350 voucher at da bestdenki).
Sooooooo happy with this new l'il toy. And yes, its plug and play in OS X. iPhoto just automatically pops up. No drivers needed.

Originally posted by icebooke
Count me in. Just got one A40... for $249 cash. (used $350 voucher at da bestdenki).
Sooooooo happy with this new l'il toy. And yes, its plug and play in OS X. iPhoto just automatically pops up. No drivers needed.

Welcome to the A40 club. Hope you will enjoy the use of the camera.

Hi misato,

Just wondering what is the outcome for the price for A40 TeleConverter TC-DC52?

Originally posted by misato

Welcome to the A40 club. Hope you will enjoy the use of the camera.
:

Originally posted by cillin
Hi misato,

Just wondering what is the outcome for the price for A40 TeleConverter TC-DC52?

:

I have emailed to the marketing department of Canon Singapore on the 18 June 2002 regarding the TC-DC52 convertor. Guess what? No reply! Send a reminder yesterday, still no reply! Wondering what they are up to????

Canon reply previously that they do not intend to bring this item to Singapore as the price is high. misato previous help to bring in some adapters from Japan, therefore ask him to help to find out what is the price for the teleconverter to bring in to Sg, min order is 5 pcs.

Originally posted by Goondu

I have emailed to the marketing department of Canon Singapore on the 18 June 2002 regarding the TC-DC52 convertor. Guess what? No reply! Send a reminder yesterday, still no reply! Wondering what they are up to????

If there is such a interest in the item, i dont mind spending my time to arrange for such a order. But, as the cost of the teleconverter is must more costly than the adapter, roughly with agent commision and shipment cost, it will comes to about $280 or more. So that means i will have to collect payment first then wait for shipment to arrive before able to deliever the goods.

Anyway.. the cost is very close to the B300, but technically, the TC-DC52 is rated 2.4x which is much higher than the B300 rated 1.7x. Since this TC-DC52 is from canon, we can expect optical quality to be matching up to the B300. Lastly, ignoring the fact that it was meant to be for the A40, the 52mm thread of his TC allows it to be fited on other camera as well.

what kinda lenses u guys talking about?

Anyone keen to get the teleconverter?

mistao,
Thank, I am interested, keep me update if there is enough people interested to make an order.

NiceKit,
2.4x Teleconverter, TC-DC52 for A40 but can be used on other camera since the tele have a common thread of 52mm like mistao said in the post.

Originally posted by nicekit
what kinda lenses u guys talking about?

Finally, a reply from Canon Marketing Singapore.

"Dear XXXX XX,

Sorry for the delay in answering.

The teleconvertor TC-DC52 is available. However dealers are not
carrying it yet as they do not stock it. The teleconvertor is available at $169. If you place a booking with deposit to your camera dealer, I am sure that they will bring in for you. In the worst case that they do not want to bring in for you, you can contact me at tel:67998738 and I will arrange for you. However a few days lead time is necessary.

Regards.

Edwin Teoh
Marketing Manager
Canon Marketing (Singapore)"

So for those who are interested, please call the above numbers. If it is okay, you guys can do a MO and call Canon to bring it in for you guys.

I hope I have helped.

i am not sure if the teleconverter that was quoted to me is the same teleconverter that u guys talking about

2 days ago i go to AP
was quoted 160 for a teleconverter

and macroconverter is out of stock

is this the one?

Thank Goondu, anyone want to do a MO?

Originally posted by Goondu
Finally, a reply from Canon Marketing Singapore.

"Dear XXXX XX,

Sorry for the delay in answering.

The teleconvertor TC-DC52 is available. However dealers are not
carrying it yet as they do not stock it. The teleconvertor is available at $169. If you place a booking with deposit to your camera dealer, I am sure that they will bring in for you. In the worst case that they do not want to bring in for you, you can contact me at tel:67998738 and I will arrange for you. However a few days lead time is necessary.

Regards.

Edwin Teoh
Marketing Manager
Canon Marketing (Singapore)"

So for those who are interested, please call the above numbers. If it is okay, you guys can do a MO and call Canon to bring it in for you guys.

I hope I have helped.

how does it work if i fixe this 2.4x telconverter on the a40?
the max zoom will be?

Hi, I'm new here. Just bought my a40 about a week ago and I love it. I saw the comments on this forum that prompted me to buy this model. Thanks to all. ;)

Originally posted by cfusion2k
Hi, I'm new here. Just bought my a40 about a week ago and I love it. I saw the comments on this forum that prompted me to buy this model. Thanks to all. ;)
welcome

hehheee..........

So shoot until you drop dude!!!!
and remember...... post your pic@@@

got it for almost two weeks already.... really enjoy using it. :D

Originally posted by malkw
1. Ling
2. midreef
3. rhw
4. Landes
5. Spidey
6. Misato