hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
pointblankshots said:
geez, and I never thought I was professional enough... so much to learn... so you think you're good, take a quick glance up in the stars at night.... that's the amount of people higher than you...

PBS:)

That's why you are not me.

How come familiar arh? :think:

AhV said:
Hmmmm...why does this sounds so familiar ? :think:

I have shoot one of the top ten model from UK age 18, in Spore. Have to paid for it including airfare and hotel. am I pro.

What's dp? :think: I meet your expectations meh? :think:

scanner more pro, look for him :D

Hahah. I think "Pro" is the most overused and misleading term in CS.:bsmilie:

However there are a few here who do photography for a living. I think we know who they are.

"Newbie" is the popular mode we always like to hide behind.

angelfacade said:
i will only do tfp/tfcd unless i think you are pro enough.

Dudes, this means that she will only charge u if u are a pro. hurry! ;p

NPNT:bsmilie:

angelfacade said:
just send your portfolio to me =)
pro is referring to better than my photography skills using a lousy digital camera

Accessment from model, whether pro or non-pro...... interesting.:D

Why not shoot something(except yourself) with your digital camera and post it here. So we at least get an estimated idea of whether it's worth the bandwidth to send portfolio across or not.

Who's knows your photos with your digital camera are that good until a lot of pros here have to pay for your services.

Cut down a lot of guess work.......

angalphoto said:
I have shoot one of the top ten model from UK age 18, in Spore. Have to paid for it including airfare and hotel. am I pro.

i guess u are around my age group, as most "models" or rather "talents" here are...

but this is for u.....

PROFESSIONALISM, in my context, is the way a person in a particular profession conducts his/her dealings..the attitude one takes on when working, be it shooting or modelling..and his /her conduct and approach towards work..and of coz the ability to perform in work....that is "pro" .....

but from the looks of it, ya attitude towards looking for a photographer here is getting u nowhere....

u could have paid to shoot together with the world's top model..whoever she may be...but tt does not make u any more pro than the fact tt u were did it.. similarly put...even if i were given a chance to shoot for the world's top model tomorrow...tt would still not make me a "pro"...

some people say Professional photographers are those that charge for shooting....if so...would u still want a professional portrait photographer... if it is...say so.... if u are willing to pay...i am sure many of the professional's rates in the forums would interest you greatly...

however, i guess the "pro" u are looking for is more of a skill based honorary...tt is something that is given by others ...not self declared... if so... then it may be right for u to request for a portfolio..better still, u should work based on referrals based on friends or so.....

but ya modus operandi , tone and lingistics skills do not seem to hold humidity enough to sanction that...

i said my peice...simply put...pro...u are not... neither am i.... with a tone like this, who would want to or perhaps even dare to work with u, be it a tfp or a paid assignment?

do not quote me... like said...i am just a small boy voicing my small thoughts in this very big world...

Regards,
Witness

sorry angalphoto...i tot u were the one who posted...i muz be getting tired haha...

angelfacade said:
hi,am a well experienced freelance model(have done more than 10 shoots), looking for photographers that are interested in my modelling services(paid).i will only do tfp/tfcd unless i think you are pro enough.
drop me a mail if you are interested.
Thanks

angelfacade@gmail.com

Guys, this girl just wants photos of herself taken, I don't think she's here for a debate. If interested just email her lah. if not then just let the thread die

angelfacade, I think you meant to say "I will only do tfp/tfcd IF i think you are pro enough" right? you should correct that

:bsmilie: the direction this thread is heading seems familiar.... I better +1 first... heheheh

I still think you posting at least a simple facial shot of yourself is in order. I don't think "pros" will want to agree to put time into someone they have not even seen before.

Professionalism is a combination of skills and passionate attitude towards the job. Unfortunately such seldom occurs at the same time.

Canonised said:
Ong kor, i think she meant if you can take pro photos of her, she will let you take for free. Don't really know her standard but i guess most of us here already "pro enough" or maybe to her we are all still newbies....
Sometimes even real pro also got problems with some models who juz can't pose, etc...
So if you want free shoot, email her some of your works .....

:think:

Well, I'm trying to make some fair statements here. Please don't :flame: me.

angelfacade is trying to look for some photographers to do TFP here. If any one of you think that your photos can make it (even though you're not a professional photographer) and would like to do a TFP with her, by all means send in your portfolio. She'll decide if you're 'pro' in her point of view.

In my point of view, a pro to me is when 80% your monthly income comes from photography services. If you're not, then you're either a semi-pro, enthusiast, amateur or newbie.

angelfacade, if you're looking for paid jobs here, please post your portfolio instead. For paid jobs, you can't choose if the photographer is pro or not, cos he/she is paying! So I think you should start 2 threads instead: one looking for TFP (pros), and the other looking for paid jobs, so as not to confuse the 2 issues.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Virgo said:

angelfacade is trying to look for some photographers to do TFP here. If any one of you think that your photos can make it (even though you're not a professional photographer) and would like to do a TFP with her, by all means send in your portfolio. She'll decide if you're 'pro' in her point of view.

In my point of view, a pro to me is when 80% your monthly income comes from photography services. If you're not, then you're either a semi-pro, enthusiast, amateur or newbie.

angelfacade, if you're looking for paid jobs here, please post your portfolio instead. For paid jobs, you can't choose if the photographer is pro or not, cos he/she is paying! So I think you should start 2 threads instead: one looking for TFP (pros), and the other looking for paid jobs, so as not to confuse the 2 issues.

:D :thumbsup: :)

Virgo said:

Nope .. her intentions is to look for paid shoot .. not TFP ... ;)

This thread has been on discussion that skew towards TFP ...:sweatsm:

angelfacade said:
looking for photographers that are interested in my modelling services(paid).i will only do tfp/tfcd unless i think you are pro enough.
No leh bro. I think it's 2 fold here. paid service + tfp for pros. That's to my understanding lah. You may think otherwise.

Anyway, for those interested but unwilling to pay cos you're pro (or you think you are), just send in your portfolio. I don't think there's any harm done. Portfolios are meant for viewing right? :) Just make sure you signature your pics.

angelfacade, I still think you have to publish your portfolio if your main intention is to look for paid jobs here. A lot of pros here you know, and I don't think they'll do paid jobs/TFP with you if you don't publish your portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.