Gaffer Tape the Camera!

Yah... I was bored... and I have my Ixus 40 and gaffer tape... :sweat:

ixus40_01.jpg

ixus40_02.jpg

Look at the grip portion (Left side of the picture)....

eos-1v_pdbe2.jpg

It extends to the "bottom".. 5D MKI or MKII with grip don't look like that..
Am I right, adamadam?
YES :bsmilie:

Yah... I was bored... and I have my Ixus 40 and gaffer tape...
ixus40_01.jpg

ixus40_02.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa

maybe gaffering actually not a bad idea...
i don't really know why, maybe it's my camera bag fault, maybe it's scratching my jeans everytime i lug it on my shoulder
but my cam paint peel off below the on/off button :|
quite sad at first... now don't care alreadyyy.. let's shooootttt...

Photo81.jpg

sorry for the mirror image, taken with webcam

After seeing so much gaffer tape discussion, I still can't come to terms with gaffering mine

just personal pleasure.
choose your favourite colour and gaffer it :)
like how some people buy custom phone cases with patterns and stickers and whatever
some have it stock

Looks more like the camera has just discharge from the hospital....after intensive surgery operations. Hope gaffered camera can make it thru.....omg!

Looks more like the camera has just discharge from the hospital....after intensive surgery operations. Hope gaffered camera can make it thru.....omg!

Hahaha you have a point, anyway i decided to gaffer my lens hoods since they get finger marks on them so easily, and yeah scratches too, anyone knows where to get Camo gaffer tape?

i do gaffer but for different reasons.......... I just like to tape little pieces over the logos and brands

too much gaffering might cause heat build-up in your camera ...... in the past with film cams, no big issue because battery only used to fire up shutter and take exposure reading and other low consumption functions

but nowadays dc's both compact and dslrs can get warm quickly and the body acts as a heat sink.... gaffering too much might obstruct heat exchange

Last edited:
Just wondering. Is there any technique to gaffering? Mine didn't turn out half as nice as those seen here leh. No kang hu.
I have yet start on my camera body... Scared it end up like a freak. Hood only till now.

Just wondering. Is there any technique to gaffering? Mine didn't turn out half as nice as those seen here leh. No kang hu.
I have yet start on my camera body... Scared it end up like a freak. Hood only till now.

basically you just need confidence to do it. if you keep pasting and re-pasting the tape over and over again, it'll confirm won't look good.

I dub this practice "camera bondage" :D

I gaffer alot of my lens, gaffer taper brand "shurtape" bought at japan
dunno where got sell in s'pore?

4884324735_4122264546.jpg

4739016502_418e0bb69c.jpg

Last edited:
mine is super ugly.. but with a peace of mind :sweatsm:

IMG_0105.jpg

12082010373.jpg

Hopefully next time there's gaffering cam ,lens competion using different colors taps.
i bought my tape cheap >$40 in japan bic camera about 50m maybe...
I found some sales shops at japan they always gaffer the rubber grip area of the display lens...

Last edited: