Gaffer Tape the Camera!

This is the best I can do. Can't do a full reverse MJ - from white to black.

3827025326_00bb299717.jpg

Well done, my friend!
It must have taken lots of patience to Gaffer it up so perfectly.
I have always wanted to Gaffer up my White one, because I am going to go traveling with it soon. You even Gaffer up the hood.
Good job. Your Gaffering has inspired me.
Thanks, bro!

And a nice creamy bokeh you have got behind your 70-200 there...

Last edited:
Well done, my friend!
It must have taken lots of patience to Gaffer it up so perfectly.
I have always wanted to Gaffer up my White one, because I am going to go traveling with it soon. You even Gaffer up the hood.
Good job. Your Gaffering has inspired me.
Thanks, bro!

And a nice creamy bokeh you have got behind your 70-200 there...

It looks better in the photo. There are some peeled edges. One thing to note. Remember not to gaffer the red dot and line marks. I forgotten about the line on the collar and end up having to remove the stripe of gaffer from it.

There seems to be, after reading some other threads in CS, two different schools of thoughts, with regard to traveling overseas and Gaffering the camera:
One says that no matter how you Gaffer, people can recognise that these are photographic equipments, and if they want to rob or steal your stuff, they will. No matter what.
The second states that you patch the camera and lenses here and there, make them really so unpalatable, people have one glance at them, and will look away.
I guess I will still Gaffer when I next travel. See how it works lor...

1V?

You know, that is the marvellous thing about Gaffering. It covers up everything so that even the photographers have to guess what model or what make it is...
This one has a pop-up flash and the lens release button is a little smaller - not any of the xD models.
Either a xxD or a xxxD model?

You know, that is the marvellous thing about Gaffering. It covers up everything so that even the photographers have to guess what model or what make it is...
This one has a pop-up flash and the lens release button is a little smaller - not any of the xD models.

Not really true about being marvelous. You know the i-did-not-hide-my-gold-here effect? if you gaffer a 1000D the unfamiliar might just mistake it for a 5D lol.

if you do that i think the silver lining will get ripped off when you replace the gaffer, happened to a 1d3, thats way i scared liao lol.

How about if you cut out a piece of paper or some aluminium foil to cover the badges, then gaffer over that. That'll keep it safe as long as the aluminium foil doesn't react with the paint. ;p

btw, why don't you guys get a lenscoat for the lenses? Then you won't have to redo when it peels off. I think they make lenscoat for camera bodies as well. Saw some at Cathay.

Lol, it's not even digital, and it doesn't have a pop up flash. It's an EOS 1V.

oh, wow it is certainly tricky to identify it! cause only the 5D and 1D series don't have pop up flashes

1V is a canon pro film camera

BAHAHAHAHA
I like making people play guessing games!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I gaffer because I like the plain look, not because of any fear of someone stealing.

I also like when people don't know what it is, because in the end, it's the photo they should be looking at, not the camera which took it... camera is irrelevant.

oops its 5D? didnt see it didnt have the mark 2

Look at the grip portion (Left side of the picture)....

eos-1v_pdbe2.jpg

It extends to the "bottom".. 5D MKI or MKII with grip don't look like that..
Am I right, adamadam? ;)