Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I presume you have handled firmware 2.0 and x-e1 and gathered your conclusion from there?

well probably not sure abt the actual performance against the newer xe1..but preliminary videos on fw2.0 seems really fast!..anyway xe1 is gonna to be released with the new 18-55mm, with some linear motor gizmo..presumably af is gonna be quick on the combo...

Watch the videos... They did not design the camera from scratch - everything is the same - sensor, processor...

Fujifilm X-Pro 1 Firmware v2.0 Update - YouTube
Fuji X-Pro 1 Firmware 2.0 Review (Thai / Sub Eng) By ThaiDphoto.com - YouTube

It brings on board all the new improvements on the X-E1 to the X-Pro1.

It is not intended for X-E1 to supersede the X-Pro1 and both sit side by side. The key benefit for the X-E1 is the improved EVF which I am excited to see.

X-E1 unboxing (in Vietnamese) - Tinhte vn Trên tay Fujifilm X E1 - YouTube

Sexy black... looking at this, really hope the body only option is available in Singapore, not just the kit set. And apparently, X-E1 is going to be shipped earlier than the stated November release. Maybe Oct.

i thought launching sept 25 here? dunno if available that time or in oct. anyway, even if avail at launch it'll prolly be at srp. wait for the usual prices at 15% off or lower

i thought launching sept 25 here? dunno if available that time or in oct. anyway, even if avail at launch it'll prolly be at srp. wait for the usual prices at 15% off or lower

That's fast. I am actually not looking to get it, but guess it's great for those who can't wait to get the camera. :)

That's good to know. Would need a camera soon. Don't think I can wait for price drop. Wonder if both colors will be launched at the same time.

Any source on the 25 Sept launch?

Thinking of selling my D700 wif 50mm to fund tis...it is so tempting...

Btw, Fujifilm Singapore says X-E1 available locally early to mid October on their facebook.

Btw, Fujifilm Singapore says X-E1 available locally early to mid October on their facebook.

nice, waiting to see how the local pricing will be like. i think the X-E1 is still the most interesting camera announcement so far

you must be kidding, this look like ISO800 to me.

that picture is indeed ISO800..

like Parka said..
the other pictures in the link has other pictures at other settings..

Technically same sensor as X-Pro1?
So I would expect price drop for Xpro1 also?

Technically same sensor as X-Pro1?
So I would expect price drop for Xpro1 also?

i believe price for x-pro1 already has been reduced recently and since the x-e1 is not meant to replace the x-pro1, i do not expect any revision in pricing.

in fact, after v2.0 demand for x-pro1 seems to have increased and reduced selling in the market due to improved viability of the camera. unless many existing x-pro1 shooters are switching over the x-e1 then they may flood the market but that may take a while as x-e1 not even in stores yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.