Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its smaller and lighter too. Sold my x-pro1 cos of slow AF, when I was doing event shoot, the slower AF really hinders me. But if just using it for travelling, I love X-Pro1 a lot. So... now X-E1 basically retains most of what X-Pro1 has and with a supposedly improved AF, smaller body and cheaper price. Tempting to get it. Never regret selling X-Pro1 tho.

Then you will definetly sell off xe-1 as quickly as you bought it. ;p

Let me know after you bought xe-1, sell to me after you realise u still prefer DSLR.

Then you will definetly sell off xe-1 as quickly as you bought it. ;p

Let me know after you bought xe-1, sell to me after you realise u still prefer DSLR.

lol Sure, send me your handphone number. At least I know I have a ready buyer anytime I want to sell. No need to go through BnS forum. Dont back up okay?

Oshkosh said:
Its smaller and lighter too. Sold my x-pro1 cos of slow AF, when I was doing event shoot, the slower AF really hinders me. But if just using it for travelling, I love X-Pro1 a lot. So... now X-E1 basically retains most of what X-Pro1 has and with a supposedly improved AF, smaller body and cheaper price. Tempting to get it. Never regret selling X-Pro1 tho.

Curious...what did you buy after selling the X-Pro1?

Drillbit said:

Question is probably irrelevant. Whatever it was he sold it probably already as well. ;-)

Without a camera now. Been like that for 2 months. This is not X-Pro1 thread isn't it. I am not saying X-Pro 1 is not good. As a matter of fact, I love X-Pro1, think its the best travelling cam currently. Took some very good travelling (street) pics with X-PRo 1

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/street-candids/1111798-brisbane-street-photography-fuji-x-pro1.html

Contributed my thoughts on Fuji X-Pro Scoop it too Fuji X-Pro1 | Scoop.it

But X-E1, if it performs as well as X-Pro1 (with same sensor, expecting similar results), I think it will have an edge over X-Pro1 as travelling cam (the fact that its lighter and smaller). Another question is whether there's improvement in video recording in terms of quality.. having option of mic is already a pleasant "upgrade" esp. for ppl who likes to take video while travelling. Another plus is the in-built flash, tho I prefer natural light, but if u try to shoot at night (w/o flash) with X-pro1, it gets very frustrating with the slow AF (even with high iso) so the in-built flash unit will come in very handy on those odd (dark) occassion. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions tho.

Question is probably irrelevant. Whatever it was he sold it probably already as well. ;-)

U want a sweet deal? Wait for me to sell X-E1 next time. After Xavierlin tho. Maybe I will buy 2 and sell to each of you.. so both can be happy. :D AMAZED by how judgemental u are.

Last edited:

I'm the happy buyer of Oshkosh's X-Pro1. Never regretted the purchase as well. This camera will probably stay with me for a while. Thanks again, Oshkosh. :)

lol Sure, send me your handphone number. At least I know I have a ready buyer anytime I want to sell. No need to go through BnS forum. Dont back up okay?

My HP no is 98797919. Confirm will get from u, if I don't get e x100 as my backup yet.

Most probably is xpro1 & xe-1 combo.

If u steady with ur word, I will keep my word also.

Without a camera now. Been like that for 2 months. This is not X-Pro1 thread isn't it. I am not saying X-Pro 1 is not good. As a matter of fact, I love X-Pro1, think its the best travelling cam currently. Took some very good travelling (street) pics with X-PRo 1

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/street-candids/1111798-brisbane-street-photography-fuji-x-pro1.html

But X-E1, if it performs as well as X-Pro1 (with same sensor, expecting similar results), I think it will have an edge over X-Pro1 as travelling cam (the fact that its lighter and smaller). Another question is whether there's improvement in video recording in terms of quality.. having option of mic is already a pleasant "upgrade" esp. for ppl who likes to take video while travelling. Another plus is the in-built flash, tho I prefer natural light, but if u try to shoot at night (w/o flash) with X-pro1, it gets very frustrating with the slow AF (even with high iso) so the in-built flash unit will come in very handy on those odd (dark) occassion. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions tho.

U want a sweet deal? Wait for me to sell X-E1 next time. After Xavierlin tho. Maybe I will buy 2 and sell to each of you.. so both can be happy. :D AMAZED by how judgemental u are.

Chill....

My guess is tat u want to go back to Fuji, cause u liked it previously. And now with cheaper deal, and the only major differences is e missing ovf, and e best part is tat e af has been improved. So instead of buying back x pro 1, u would want a xe-1, cause e ovf is not a biggie to u. :)

My guess is also tat u bought e X pro1 initially cause e weight n size difference between tis & a DSLR is Significant. But why u still sell it off n not having a system for 2 months make me wonder...

Anyway, there is still high chance tat u will sell e xe-1 off.

Because I guess your reason for selling xpro1 is tat u were too frustrated with it's shooting capabilities & not because of e weight.

So weight shouldn't b tat big issue to u (xe-1 is only 100g lighter n size is only a little smaller like e x100).
Xe-1 has improved af but at low light, it will still hunt. Tat maybe e reason y u gave up x pro 1, & tat's e reason y u will give up e xe-1 as well...

If tat's e case, I will have high chance to get a 2nd hand from u.

But the reason y u needed to sell off x pro 1 was because of financial difficulty n no matter how much u loved x pro 1, u still need to sell it. Tat's explain y u didn't have a system for 2 months. And now u have money u want to buy back Fuji.

Then I have no chance of getting a 2nd hand xe-1 from u, unless u face another $ problem.

Gezz, I watch too much tv to come up such a script ;p

But if u really sell, I will really buy.

I will buy at least 1-2 months after xe-1 come out. Cause people will start to sell it off. Usually r e new Fuji users.
Or I can wait after 6 months e price will drop to a comfortable price range tat will stay at that for quite a long time.

In the meanwhile I can get a x100 as a backup.

I had a friend who bought the X100 when it was released, and sold it weeks later because of its bugs and inferior AF.

One year later he bought the black edition after he played with one X100 that has the latest firmware installed. He told me that the latest X100 is a totally different beast from the one he bought earlier.

I'm not surprised if we see former x-pro1 owners returning to x-camp after Sept 18. Hopefully firmware 2.0 does not disappoint...

Oshkosh said:

My exact sentiments about being smaller & lighter, and as a result a better traveling cam. A DSLR is damn obscene while you're you place it on a restaurant table. Just my opinion.

So very nice pics you have taken with the X-Pro1.

Has the X-E1 already sold in Singapore ? I'm wondering in which store is available ..

My exact sentiments about being smaller & lighter, and as a result a better traveling cam. A DSLR is damn obscene while you're you place it on a restaurant table. Just my opinion.

So very nice pics you have taken with the X-Pro1.

Thanks Drillbit.

Now here a video on the focusing speed of X-E1 with 60mm f2.4. Seemed very much improved.

[video=youtube;dKkHJwAocpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKkHJwAocpE&feature=related[/video]

That video is interesting. Looks like the AF improvements are serious. Probably a step behind the best in M43 but decent.

Now if the EVF refresh rate has improved the camera is sure to be a winner.

From the video, the camera looks quite a bit smaller than the X-Pro1!

I had a friend who bought the X100 when it was released, and sold it weeks later because of its bugs and inferior AF.

One year later he bought the black edition after he played with one X100 that has the latest firmware installed. He told me that the latest X100 is a totally different beast from the one he bought earlier.

I'm not surprised if we see former x-pro1 owners returning to x-camp after Sept 18. Hopefully firmware 2.0 does not disappoint...

I tend to think if former owners were to return to x-camp, it will prob be for X-E1. Appears X-E1 is gonna price for mass market maybe in the range of Nex7, OMD-EM5. For someone looking to get a camera (mirrorless), X-E1 is very hard to ignore esp. if it is capable of producing similar image quality as X-Pro1. Price will be a big factor. Design wise, I think X-E1 is a little more subtle (esp. black), will be great for street photographers who can shoot unobtrusively. Pairing it with 18mm (27mm), you can almost bring it everywhere, everyday.

after watching this video, the AF doesn't seem that fast. (Advertised AF o.1sec)

Agreed. I would like to see the AF performance in low situation tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.