Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVG84R said:
no leh...i still feel that having an OVF is indispensable...beside we didnt lose much by getting xp1...

Must practise more with the OVF, then can recoup my investment...ha ha...
The problem is...eccentric AF + shutter lag + OVF = funny pictures. Maybe I'm just lousy...ha ha.
A carpenter never blames his tools.

ageha said:
I thought it was clear that they would announce something around Photokina.

I don't follow these events at all. Thus no idea.

Believe me, the ovf on XP1 will come in handy. Saved many of my shots in extremely bright scenes during a recent holiday, where the evf and lv could not sufficiently cope.

If the firmware on the X-E1 and X-Pro1 will really be the same, the X-Pro1 would still be a winner for me.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind to get the X-E1 as a backup/second body.:)

Sold my X-Pro1 but X-E1 is tempting me to dip into my pocket again.

Sold my X-Pro1 but X-E1 is tempting me to dip into my pocket again.

why did you sell it away in the first place?..
AF speed?..

even if x-pro1 and x-e1 were launched together, I still prefer x-pro1. The x-e1 is marketed as the younger brother of x-pro1 even though it retains much of the functionality of its elder brother.

some differences to consider:
- x-e1 has no OVF, x-pro1 has hybrid VF (one of the major selling point for x-pro1)
- x-pro1 has magnesium alloy body while the top and base plates are die-cast aluminium alloy. x-e1 has die-cast aluminium alloy for top and front cover only. Think 7D body vs a 60D.
- x-pro1 has higher resolution rear LCD
- x-e1 has better EVF over x-pro1
- x-pro1 has flash sync cord (although I never use it)
- x-e1 has mic socket
- x-pro1 should have better battery life (with OVF) over the x-e1

does the x-pro1 worth $700 more than the x-e1? my answer is no, the hybrid VF should not cost that much but then I have no regrets getting my x-pro1 a few months back. I will make my x-pro1 my backup camera once x-pro2 is out. Hopefully Fuji retains the hybrid OVF on x-pro1 successors...

even if x-pro1 and x-e1 were launched together, I still prefer x-pro1. The x-e1 is marketed as the younger brother of x-pro1 even though it retains much of the functionality of its elder brother.

some differences to consider:
- x-e1 has no OVF, x-pro1 has hybrid VF (one of the major selling point for x-pro1)
- x-pro1 has magnesium alloy body while the top and base plates are die-cast aluminium alloy. x-e1 has die-cast aluminium alloy for top and front cover only. Think 7D body vs a 60D.
- x-pro1 has higher resolution rear LCD
- x-e1 has better EVF over x-pro1
- x-pro1 has flash sync cord (although I never use it)
- x-e1 has mic socket
- x-pro1 should have better battery life (with OVF) over the x-e1

does the x-pro1 worth $700 more than the x-e1? my answer is no, the hybrid VF should not cost that much but then I have no regrets getting my x-pro1 a few months back. I will make my x-pro1 my backup camera once x-pro2 is out. Hopefully Fuji retains the hybrid OVF on x-pro1 successors...

There is always market for different people. for me, I only shot with LCD. wasteful to spend more to get X1pro to have the hybrid VF that I would never use.

no right or wrong, just be happy what we buy..if not we can always create a WTS thread.

yrh0413 said:
ya true, if one does not need the OVF there is no need to go for the x-pro1. :)

Yeah and the X-Pro 1's OVF isn't as useful as a SLR, it's the same as an instant camera.

That is the pt of XE-1. For users who need cheaper backup and ppl who thinks x-pro1 is not worth the higher price tag. Fuji comes with a younger brother model to capture customers who fall into the above 2 categories. So it is not abt which one u choose...as long as u choose either 1 fujifilm is still the winner.

Yeah and the X-Pro 1's OVF isn't as useful as a SLR, it's the same as an instant camera.

I find the hybrid VF really useful. With OVF I can anticipate subjects entering my frame... it opens up new possibilities. I hardly use EVF on my x-pro1 unless I am doing close-ups... never like the idea of peeping into a TV.

putting IQ aside, if the x-pro1 only comes with EVF Fuji does not have much advantage over m4/3, NEX, Samsung NX, EOS-M, Nikon 1... my 2cts :)

longj49 said:
Having said that, I wouldn't mind to get the X-E1 as a backup/second body.:)

Yeah, a second camera body sharing the same pool of lenses is tempting. Hell, you might even use your wife as an excuse to get the second body. But in the end we all know what's going to happen...one camera is going to be used all the time while the other is in cold storage. Ha ha...
For me, size was also a main consideration, cos it terrible lugging an SLR. Which is why I bought the X-Pro1 coz it has comparable IQ, and a bit smaller and a lot lighter.
Now the X-E1 is even smaller! And that's right up my alley. I'm a believer that the smaller the camera, the more you're gonna bring it out and take pictures.

Drillbit said:
I'm a believer that the smaller the camera, the more you're gonna bring it out and take pictures.

I don't believe in that anymore. A few 100g simply don't matter.

Its smaller and lighter too. Sold my x-pro1 cos of slow AF, when I was doing event shoot, the slower AF really hinders me. But if just using it for travelling, I love X-Pro1 a lot. So... now X-E1 basically retains most of what X-Pro1 has and with a supposedly improved AF, smaller body and cheaper price. Tempting to get it. Never regret selling X-Pro1 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.