Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X-E1 looks really cool! Let's see what sensor Fuji is gonna put in, and the bundled lenses. I'd love to have a set :)

Ya cool camera, I like the top, front and back design! Tat's means everything!

Last edited:
X-E1 officially announced! Here is the official announcement from Fujifilm USA and from DPReview and a preview.

Key info: Priced at US$999.95 / $1,399.95 with 18-55mm. Available in November 2012. I wonder how the pricing translates when it reaches Singapore and it's availability locally.

Anyway, finally. X-E1 is a combination of the X-series cameras so far - X10's weight, X100's size, X-Pro1's innards. :)

Fujifilm X-E1 hands-on preview: Digital Photography Review

The X-E1 uses a new autofocus algorithm and different sensor drive mode, which promises significantly-improved speed, especially with the XF60mm F2.4 R Macro lens or when shooting in low light. Indeed Fujifilm claims the X-E1 and X-Pro1 now offer AF speeds competitive with benchmark cameras such as the Olympus OM-D E-M5. The 'feel' of the electronically-driven manual focus has been improved, and critically the camera now sets the aperture wide open in manual focus mode, finally allowing truly-accurate focusing using the EVF. There's also a new 3x magnification mode to assist manual focus, which should be less prone to problems with shake when using long lenses.

Please let the camera have better evf refresh rate.

HENG yahh.... nearly wanted to buy the X-PRO 1 during Comex last weekend.....

Fr the reports so far.....seeems like x-e1 is a replacement for xpro1 and diff is only on thr ovf which is not a big plus point for the price diff

X-E1 is not a replacement for X-Pro1; it is the cheaper version of X-Pro1... something like D3200/D7000 or 650D/7D.

Even after looking through the posts and videos of X-E1, I am still more attracted to the X-Pro1 in terms of aesthetics.

Honestly, I would rather get a X-E1 than X-Pro1. Don't think the OVF is worth the extra money considering everything else is the same. I even get an extra flash.
Disclaimer: I already own a X-Pro1. Wouldn't sell it to buy the X-E1, but given the choice now I would rather spend my money on X-E1 and buy another lens with the excess.

I've the X-Pro1.

After watching the preview videos, I must say that X-Pro1 should be selling cheaper than X-E1 or at least the same.

There's really not much advantage to the X-Pro1. I'm not even sure if the OVF is an advantage. I've shot a lot with EVF-only or LCD-only cameras and they are perfectly fine for doing the job — framing.

That said, I'm not going to be selling the X-Pro1 to get this camera too.

For newcomers, definitely get the X-E1.

Chrissp said:
X-E1 officially announced! Here is the official announcement from Fujifilm USA and from DPReview and a preview.

Key info: Priced at US$999.95 / $1,399.95 with 18-55mm. Available in November 2012. I wonder how the pricing translates when it reaches Singapore and it's availability locally.

Anyway, finally. X-E1 is a combination of the X-series cameras so far - X10's weight, X100's size, X-Pro1's innards. :)

Hahaha...most importantly, whose AF speed?

Parka said:
I've the X-Pro1.

After watching the preview videos, I must say that X-Pro1 should be selling cheaper than X-E1 or at least the same.

There's really not much advantage to the X-Pro1. I'm not even sure if the OVF is an advantage. I've shot a lot with EVF-only or LCD-only cameras and they are perfectly fine for doing the job — framing.

That said, I'm not going to be selling the X-Pro1 to get this camera too.

For newcomers, definitely get the X-E1.

I second that, a in build flash is a plus for me as Ef x20 is inconvenient for back lite.it will auto off when camera sleep but never wake up as camera does, u got to manual switch on. Miss many pic because of that already

mogwai said:
Hahaha...most importantly, whose AF speed?

Apparently the x pro 1 with firmware version 2.. it will be as fast as the x-e1..

I feel somewhat "cheated" though cheated is really a strong word.
I ditched my DSLR for the X-Pro1, and in less than a month, they announced this new camera with the same kick ass sensor.
Damn...

I ditched my DSLR for the X-Pro1, and in less than a month, they announced this new camera with the same kick ass sensor.
Damn...

no leh...i still feel that having an OVF is indispensable...beside we didnt lose much by getting xp1...

Damn...
I thought it was clear that they would announce something around Photokina.

Status
Not open for further replies.