D700 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone have any idea if Nikon will launch any replacement for D80?

great sales pitch

The first Nikon FX-format camera, the D3, produced a quantum leap in digital photography that forever changed the way professionals are able to work. Now, with the launch of the second Nikon FX-format camera — the Nikon D700 — you can achieve, in a smaller, lighter design, many of those same extraordinary imaging feats that made the Nikon D3 an immediate legend. Like the D3, the D700 transcends the expectations of the world's leading photographers, in an agile body developed from the award-winning DX-format D300. In soft, subtle lighting, it captures seductively smooth tones with astonishingly rendered detail — easily. In low-lit situations, it delivers virtually noisefree images for impeccable results at up to ISO 6400 — easily.
And if you’re faced with constantly changing lighting conditions, the D700 handles these complex exposure changes with ISO sensitivity auto control — easily. When your day is long and demanding and you need to travel light, you’ll appreciate this camera’s portability, responsiveness and finely balanced handling.
And when you need more speed to capture a crucial moment, the D700 delivers with the option of a multi-power battery pack that gives you up to 8 frames per second*, continuous shooting. Whether your subject’s fast, slow or still, you’ll capture it with tack-sharp precision using Nikon’s exclusive 51-point AF system — easily. Every aspect of the D700 has been carefully engineered, to provide you with the freedom to work efficiently and with the utmost sensitivity, as a natural extension of your personal vision. The D700 achieves a remarkable distillation of the finest imaging performance digital photography can offer.

Technology never ends will they?

I think we have to live with what we own
upgrading can always be done when time comes
to master our skills is very much a priority
well .... just me at least
love my D300 so far! :)

Sb900 is what I'm interested in...

Seen like the D700 is better than the D3. :sweat:

no lah, D3 little bro

important point for me, battery life
(1K shots per charge! :eek: thats way more than my D800

Long-life battery
Using the EN-EL3e, the same battery used in
the D300, the D700 lets you shoot up to 1,000
frames per charge (CIPA standard) thanks to
intelligent power management. And by adding
the EN-EL4a in the optional Multi-Power
Battery Pack MB-D10, you can shoot up to
2,900 frames. All power options enable you to
monitor the level of battery power and shots
remaining on a charge.

Lateral chromatic aberration reduction*

Integrated Dust Reduction System*

Accurate Auto White Balance, even with a mix of light sources.*
(cross-referencing it with 5,000 actual picture data examples among the over 20,000 images
stored in the D700’s AWB database.)

Speed, response, and power at up to 8 frames per second.

This D3 little bro indeed make people wonder why pay $2000 more for big bro D3.:dunno:

let me do the shouting...

BUY! BUY! BUY! :bsmilie:

heng I invested all in FX lenses and now can reap the reward... esp. for my 17-35 ;p

shashinki taking pre-orders already. Wow ...

wait for the 5d mk 2 and see hows it.

5D already ran away with the money 3 years ago.....

the canon forum users had created & speculated 30pages of wild speculations on 5D replacement :dunno:
:nono: bandwidth

let me do the shouting...

BUY! BUY! BUY! :bsmilie:

heng I invested all in FX lenses and now can reap the reward... esp. for my 17-35 ;p

17-35 is not good enough:think:. Wait till you got the 12-24 thats power:bsmilie:

If these images are really took with the D700 then it is nothing to sing about -

http://review.fengniao.com/98/980967.html

They are horrible.

The photos looks like those taken by GWC masquerading as a photog :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: Sorry couldn't resist it.

The photos looks like those taken by GWC masquerading as a photog :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: Sorry couldn't resist it.

GWC - Guy with a Camera :bsmilie:

Something that I read on the CNET page that was quite amusing:

At 995g for the body alone, the D700 is no featherweight. Compared with the EOS 5D which tips the scale at 810g, the Nikon will need some strong shoulders to carry it around. Throw in a couple of lenses and a flash, and it will be a full gym workout just by ferrying the equipment.

Images are stored in CompactFlash cards and we think this could be one factor that explains for the gargantuan size of this shooter. While it may be a tradition for midrange and high-end dSLRs to deploy this format, we think using SD flash media can shave off a couple of grams.

I don't see how reducing to SD could shave off the body weight substantially. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.