CHINGAY 2007 - Parade of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
but in the end, the crowd control people are still the most screwed up people there. together with the cisco aux police.

imagine this. the supervisor in charge of crowd control can walk past me, smile at me and say happy shooting, and after she walks past, this auntie comes up, and says rudely, "move back".

c'mon, even her supervisor did not ask me to move back, why does she have to do so? and it's not as though there was a big float coming down the road. the road was empty for at least 60cm in front of the crowd line.

eventually even a few mediacorp photographers were pissed and left the area early

Hahaha...I actually rested the back of my left palm on the shoulder of the Cisco Aux Police when he stood in front of me and refuse to move!!!! Errr.... Fire a few shots before he gets the idea and walk away!

100_3990.jpg

Total mismanagement of the entire event! :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Those Cisco police, official photographers, those staff who are suppose to do crowd control and many of those who have tickets! Feel like chopping all their heads off! Waste my time and get ZERO good shots!!!!;(

Me and friends got tickets for "half lane" areas, that is sit by the roadside. Then we find out they are admitting ppl free cos there's not enough people by the roadside. :sticktong

I only took a few nice shots, lots of people blocking our views, walking about, photographers, helpers, security guards. :confused: There's this guard whose positerior was literally in almost all of my shots in that direction.. sigh...

Chingay? Don't think I'll be going again anytime soon.

Not forgetting to also chop all the trees!!!!!:sticktong

Total mismanagement of the entire event! :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Those Cisco police, official photographers, those staff who are suppose to do crowd control and many of those who have tickets! Feel like chopping all their heads off! Waste my time and get ZERO good shots!!!!;(

:cry: ..

it was today dat i felt e MOSTT dejected in my shooting life..screwed up crowds..unresonable ppl..ppl pushing me here n there..n my freakin slow lens..ahh!

:cry: ..

it was today dat i felt e MOSTT dejected in my shooting life..screwed up crowds..unresonable ppl..ppl pushing me here n there..n my freakin slow lens..ahh!

Anyone saw fireworks? My lens' slow focusing... the moment it sharply focuses on the fireworks, it stopped. :(

sooo nice.. i want e pics.. boohoo.. :cry:

Had to shoot above ppls' heads using Live View.

It's times like this I wish there's a fast super zoom so I easily alternate between wide angle to capture the atmosphere and long telephoto to capture each individual parade dancers' expressions. Too afraid to change lenses in the crowd -someone squeezing in and out might just knock my prized lens off my hand and onto the floor- so had to use the standard zoom for the whole event.

anyone shot the transformers and gundam? looks dam cool man:thumbsup: :kiss: :heart: . i think i saw megatron also.

Share the same feelings.....they just walk and stand in front of you, especially when they know who you want to shoot! Also...how come so many people can get the official photographer pass(at least 50 plus in one single location)? These "photographers total disreguard who ever that is behind them. They just stand right in front in a group, like waiting for free kicks in a soccer match!!!

:bsmilie: your guess is as good as mine ... suddenly so many green pass people floating around... the media also had a quarrel with the cisco officers

Me and friends got tickets for "half lane" areas, that is sit by the roadside. Then we find out they are admitting ppl free cos there's not enough people by the roadside. :sticktong

I only took a few nice shots, lots of people blocking our views, walking about, photographers, helpers, security guards. :confused: There's this guard whose positerior was literally in almost all of my shots in that direction.. sigh...

Chingay? Don't think I'll be going again anytime soon.

Free tickets - go la... for freakin' $45 and this kind of management ... i don't think its worth it. Personally, i find its worse than last year's...

Went there early and got a good spot but ruined by many IDIOTS!!!;( ;(

Stupid.jpg

Stupid2.jpg

Stupid3.jpg

cuz iwas wearing QUITE formal, so i managed to blend in with the official photographers, haha. my shots were decent.

still the crowd control was horrigible.

arghhh. tmr gonna be worse and more crowded la.

cuz iwas wearing QUITE formal, so i managed to blend in with the official photographers, haha. my shots were decent.

still the crowd control was horrigible.

arghhh. tmr gonna be worse and more crowded la.

:rolleyes: lucky for you ... my shots are similar to yipdanny's especially having 1 whole cluster of photographers infront of me

Sian.... tomorrow sleep at home beta! :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.