CHINGAY 2007 - Parade of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine how many ppl will go to orchard on this weekend. Any chance to use a tripod? Any chance to find a place to stand? :(

try go early and survey the place.
i.e which direction the parade will go, the opening side where, the roadside trees, the audience stands...
i think best is to get the spot where the barrier is at its minial distance from the performers.
what i did the last time was to wait for the road closure time, wait for the police to put the barrier then chop place. but it was quite a failure cos i waited at the taka that side. so the barrier was placed quite far from the performers.

i'm more interested in the performers holding area rather than the actual show.

Last year stood in the crowds. This year bought ticket.
It will be very crowded. Need to arrive one hour in advance to find good position.
Not a good idea to use tripod as too many people there.
Ladder will be useful.
;)

I have some spare tickets for this coming friday Chingay. I do not mind exchange anything that is related to photography. eg. bag, memory card holder, throw away camera I mean anything just PM.

Last year stood in the crowds. This year bought ticket.
It will be very crowded. Need to arrive one hour in advance to find good position.
Not a good idea to use tripod as too many people there.
Ladder will be useful.
;)
wanna ask if it rains, will they refund u?

guys,

do i need to buy tickets to be able to take pics? pardon my ignorance, ive never been to/seen this parade before.

btw, whats the best location to get good pix? is 200mm good enough?

thanks,
jix

Get a stationary ladder cost $25++, get ticket at $45. :bsmilie: So stationary ladder is more cost effective and can reuse for other event.:bsmilie:

Ticket here: http://www.chingay.org.sg/2007/calendar/ticketsales.asp

guys,

do i need to buy tickets to be able to take pics? pardon my ignorance, ive never been to/seen this parade before.

btw, whats the best location to get good pix? is 200mm good enough?

thanks,
jix

All the ticket sold? I cannot book :(

wanna ask if it rains, will they refund u?

Hope it won't rain during the night. :sweat:
The seats don't have covering above if I am not wrong...

I have some spare tickets for this coming friday Chingay. I do not mind exchange anything that is related to photography. eg. bag, memory card holder, throw away camera I mean anything just PM.

So far there is 4 PM received. But no taker. Let me know ASAP.

I AM NOT JOKING...

Get a stationary ladder cost $25++, get ticket at $45. :bsmilie: So stationary ladder is more cost effective and can reuse for other event.:bsmilie:

Ticket here: http://www.chingay.org.sg/2007/calendar/ticketsales.asp

I see, i see. Ladder??? :think: Is it worth the SGD45 ticket price? Anyway, well see what happen tom. Im going there without tix, and just stand near those Stands they prepared for ticket holders. :D

NO CASH PLS.

Only exchange for photography equipment. eg red grouper bags, underwear for my camera or Hola killer whale.

i mean anything... Just anything even a packet of tissue paper from nikon also can anything....

Too good to be trust but is true. Really pls believe me pls.

NO CASH PLS.

Only exchange for photography equipment. eg red grouper bags, underwear for my camera or Hola killer whale.

i mean anything... Just anything even a packet of tissue paper from nikon also can anything....

Too good to be trust but is true. Really pls believe me pls.

ok la. canan tissue paper also can..

Status
Not open for further replies.