Charby's Angel - Sexy Veronica

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st pic isn't good because of the eyes. She looks sleepy.

2nd pic is ok but I think you need to punch it up a little bit. Or maybe try a different angle.

3rd pic. Hmmm. If I were the model, I wouldn't like to have that shot posted. For me, I find it offensive. Unless she considers that a pose. ;)

My 2 cents.

she got like real lazy eyes. spoils the whole photo. especially no.1. is she like that in person?

Just for the fun of it some general touch up.

Hahaha...
Thanks to everyone for their feedbacks n advices.

We are all learning each day... for me I am. Heehee...
The last thing tat I wan was a war right here. Peace Peace...
Heehee...

Thanks again.
Shoot Shoot Shoot !!!
Wahahahaa... ;)

To the OP:

I think a lot of newbies get too excited when they start shooting portraits... esp if the newbies are guys and the models are girls. It takes a lot of discipline to shoot beautiful members of the opposite sex and my experience is that not be overwhelmed by the beautiful girl in front of you.

One of my early mistakes was that i was too caught up with the model. I was rushing to get the pose correct and I was literally staring at her face, hoping for that perfect pose to come out and i will take the photo. And the truth was that never really happens, unless you are working with a really top model who knows her stuff.

What needs to be done is to realise that you have to work very hard to represent a beautiful model as a beautiful photo. This means your exposure must be spot on, your background must either not be distracting or interacts positively with the model. You must also make sure that there are no glaring mistakes like bad makeup or stray hair. Does this sound like a lot? It sure does if you are looking out for these things when you are just about to press the shutter. The more efficient way of working is to put down the camera, and make sure everything is perfect. This is a model shoot and the model is there for you to pose, you have plenty of time. Trust me, if you get the basic rights first, you dont have to care about it when you are looking through the viewfinder. Once you get all the things right, you pick up the camera... and then you direct the model over the finer details of the pose, like chin up... chin down, smile more... etc... and then SNAP.... that is it.

Personally, for a typical model shoot, i will actually come up with a list and rough sketch of what i want and stick to it. Like for example, the second shot where the model is in the water at the beach. Now you shot such a picture, you know what to look for.

So before you even touch your camera, find the perfect place to put the model. Check for the background... is it too cluttered? Take a few test photos.... get the exposure correct... and then shoot in Manual.

Next, before even placing the model at the location, look and stare at her. Check from top to bottom. Hair messy? Stray Mascara? Blackhead? Pimple? Eye Bags? Lip stick? Stray hair on body? clothes not worn properly? If you can do something to change something... do it now... do say "I will PS it later on"... that is being asking for more work.

Okay, your model is perfect, place her at the location... again stare and check if after moving her... got stray hair again? again check background... see if interferes with your photo or not...

Bring up the camera, Take a test pose... check your exposure and stare at it for a while.... Think of everything.... imagine if you had no photoshop... will you be happy with the photo as it is?

Finally, once you know your camera is set correctly to the get the perfect exposure, your background is placed correctly and is not distracting (like a tree branch that extend out of the model's ear... big mistake, but easy to fix), your model is prepped correctly (hair, makeup clothes...etc everything OK)... you can now focuse your attention on the most difficult part... getting the right pose and expression.

I know this sound very boring and seems like a waste of time. But from my experience, if you discpline yourself to do all this pre-shooting preparation, you end up with a more fruitful shooting session. If you have like 5 other people shooting with you, they can all help to prep the model and location correctly. If you keep on shooting like this, after a while, it become very very natural and it will be very fast.

Remember, you are shooting a photo shoot. The model and the background is there for you to play around with. There is simply no excuse for bad exposure, stray hair, bad background etc... seriously.

To the OP:

I think a lot of newbies get too excited when they start shooting portraits... esp if the newbies are guys and the models are girls. It takes a lot of discipline to shoot beautiful members of the opposite sex and my experience is that not be overwhelmed by the beautiful girl in front of you.

One of my early mistakes was that i was too caught up with the model. I was rushing to get the pose correct and I was literally staring at her face, hoping for that perfect pose to come out and i will take the photo. And the truth was that never really happens, unless you are working with a really top model who knows her stuff.

What needs to be done is to realise that you have to work very hard to represent a beautiful model as a beautiful photo. This means your exposure must be spot on, your background must either not be distracting or interacts positively with the model. You must also make sure that there are no glaring mistakes like bad makeup or stray hair. Does this sound like a lot? It sure does if you are looking out for these things when you are just about to press the shutter. The more efficient way of working is to put down the camera, and make sure everything is perfect. This is a model shoot and the model is there for you to pose, you have plenty of time. Trust me, if you get the basic rights first, you dont have to care about it when you are looking through the viewfinder. Once you get all the things right, you pick up the camera... and then you direct the model over the finer details of the pose, like chin up... chin down, smile more... etc... and then SNAP.... that is it.

Personally, for a typical model shoot, i will actually come up with a list and rough sketch of what i want and stick to it. Like for example, the second shot where the model is in the water at the beach. Now you shot such a picture, you know what to look for.

So before you even touch your camera, find the perfect place to put the model. Check for the background... is it too cluttered? Take a few test photos.... get the exposure correct... and then shoot in Manual.

Next, before even placing the model at the location, look and stare at her. Check from top to bottom. Hair messy? Stray Mascara? Blackhead? Pimple? Eye Bags? Lip stick? Stray hair on body? clothes not worn properly? If you can do something to change something... do it now... do say "I will PS it later on"... that is being asking for more work.

Okay, your model is perfect, place her at the location... again stare and check if after moving her... got stray hair again? again check background... see if interferes with your photo or not...

Bring up the camera, Take a test pose... check your exposure and stare at it for a while.... Think of everything.... imagine if you had no photoshop... will you be happy with the photo as it is?

Finally, once you know your camera is set correctly to the get the perfect exposure, your background is placed correctly and is not distracting (like a tree branch that extend out of the model's ear... big mistake, but easy to fix), your model is prepped correctly (hair, makeup clothes...etc everything OK)... you can now focuse your attention on the most difficult part... getting the right pose and expression.

I know this sound very boring and seems like a waste of time. But from my experience, if you discpline yourself to do all this pre-shooting preparation, you end up with a more fruitful shooting session. If you have like 5 other people shooting with you, they can all help to prep the model and location correctly. If you keep on shooting like this, after a while, it become very very natural and it will be very fast.

Remember, you are shooting a photo shoot. The model and the background is there for you to play around with. There is simply no excuse for bad exposure, stray hair, bad background etc... seriously.

Wow... well said...
Great learning points for me.

Thank u so much for the tips!!!
U're the man !!! :thumbsup:

I have noticed her lifeless eyes in a number of similar pictures posted by forumers

I think she could have been bored and tired by the shoot; she certainly looks bored and tired to me

I dont know how you can improve this aspect; seems to be largely beyond your control

Getting the model hyped and ready for a shoot is what separates a pro from an amateur... I have seen a pro at work... and he was so amazing that he could get a model who just broke up with her bf to at least get the shoot done, and then sat down to talk to her and they became good friends! Amazing. That is why its more than shooting skills that makes a good photographer. Its a lot to do with people skills as well if you are shooting human subjects. Same thing for children photography... it takes a lot of skill to coax a kid to pose and look happy...

Getting the model hyped and ready for a shoot is what separates a pro from an amateur... I have seen a pro at work... and he was so amazing that he could get a model who just broke up with her bf to at least get the shoot done, and then sat down to talk to her and they became good friends! Amazing. That is why its more than shooting skills that makes a good photographer. Its a lot to do with people skills as well if you are shooting human subjects. Same thing for children photography... it takes a lot of skill to coax a kid to pose and look happy...

Agreed with u.
I guess it takes more than just snap n go to get the pictures rite.
Losta other important factors play a big part too.

Thanks for sharing. ;)

Alankpy,

What a player...!!! Salute you for keeping that positive attitude despite all the critics. We all learn new things everyday, until the day we die.

Cheers.

I fully agree on this. I have shot weddings that are forced by circumstances which u know what. There is no joy in the air and I have to really interact with my clients until there are smiles. U know how terok!

Alankpy,

What a player...!!! Salute you for keeping that positive attitude despite all the critics. We all learn new things everyday, until the day we die.

Cheers.

Haha...
Thanks bro.

If I cant take such critics... I wouldnt be sharing the pics here liao.
Besides... I do learn something from them mah.

Yeahhhh u are right.
Life is like a learning journey...
Everyday is a new learning lesson.

Cheers! ;)

I fully agree on this. I have shot weddings that are forced by circumstances which u know what. There is no joy in the air and I have to really interact with my clients until there are smiles. U know how terok!

Can understand such situations...
Heehee...

Mind sharing some tactics u use to bring some smiles during such situations?
Thanks!

;)

Can understand such situations...
Heehee...

Mind sharing some tactics u use to bring some smiles during such situations?
Thanks!

;)

Tease loh. How to say hah. Ask the groom to tease the bride loh. Unable to give specifics. Must be fast to capture those smiling shots or else, that may be your only shots of laughter

This I totally agree. Interact, not ogle!

Tease loh. How to say hah. Ask the groom to tease the bride loh. Unable to give specifics. Must be fast to capture those smiling shots or else, that may be your only shots of laughter

THanks for sharing...
Heehee... :thumbsup:

Alan is a very nice customer service officer, many bad customer he faces everyday. He is always very cool.

Yes....he has seen the 'best' customers in the world...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.