Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading this thread, we called Canon a few times. Most of them asked me to visit them and would not provide a quotation of the Privillege purchase price of different cameras. One of them even told me that this is conditional, ie must be damaged canon camera to qualify.
I went down today with my old EOS 650 (film camera body) - no question asked, and the lady on Level 4 was super super nice. Very polite and willing to answer all my queries. Now I know We could trade-in any old camera for both still-shot camera (up to EOS 50D but currently out of stock - est leadtime 3 months) and video cams too. I finally went for IXUS100IS - very slim and sexy. Too bad I bought my EOS500D 1 month ago - else could have saved $100.
This is the Privillege Purchase cost gathered from avaliable sources and over the counter :
IXUS100IS - S$373 (MS Colour offer $20 cash & carry), RRP - $469
IXUS95IS - S$317, RRP - $399
IXUS110IS - $436, RRP - $549
EOS500D Body - $950 (bought from MS Colour @ $1070)
All include standard freebies under Canon promotion.

me too got a 100IS... put it in my wife bag... my EOS is now living in my dry cabi ever since... lol...

Seems like u hv asked alot of questions there, haha, good information for us.

I just went to John316, they quoted me 1260 for canon 500d kit I. Come with 8gb card only. Not very attracting, but they are friendly and helpful!

If you don't have old canon camera to trade-in, go to MS Colour for honest and direct quotation. No fear of them cheating you.

If you don't have old canon camera to trade-in, go to MS Colour for honest and direct quotation. No fear of them cheating you.

i have a Canon PowerShot...but its not OLD! so...dun think i want to trade in....it still perfectly fine....

If need a old camera to trade in and get a better price...i m thinking to get a $30 digital camera from Cash Converter...anything will do rite?

But how much cheaper the MScolor compared to John316? How about the discount price given by CSC?

i have a Canon PowerShot...but its not OLD! so...dun think i want to trade in....it still perfectly fine....

If need a old camera to trade in and get a better price...i m thinking to get a $30 digital camera from Cash Converter...anything will do rite?

But how much cheaper the MScolor compared to John316? How about the discount price given by CSC?

FOr a 500D kit 2 you would save about 200, cause CBBP sells its @ 1660 with a trade it, while Reputable Shot such as MS and Parisilk sell it for about 1880

1. It must be an old CANON camera for trade-in (ie. Privilege Purchase, PP).
2. Saving varies pending on what camera you wish to acquire. Pns - around $50 (IXUS 100IS quoted by CS Colour was $420 cash-&-carry, PP offer$373). Canon 500D body - saving of $100.
3. PP only for cameras, not LENS.

how about Canon 500D kit I? they not selling camera with lens? only body?

Those reputable shops quoted around 1250 - 1260....so how much is the Canon BBP?

i'm planning to help a fren to trade off her spoilt ixus 950is. Iz ixus 980is, 990is and G10 in the list for trading? anyone knows? tks :)

i'm planning to help a fren to trade off her spoilt ixus 950is. Iz ixus 980is, 990is and G10 in the list for trading? anyone knows? tks :)

Hi,

Please read previous this thread.

how about Canon 500D kit I? they not selling camera with lens? only body?

Those reputable shops quoted around 1250 - 1260....so how much is the Canon BBP?

Canon also allow trade in for 500D with kit 1 and 2. You may try calling them for a quote but the general rule is abotu 20% lower than the listed RRP (check them web page).

Answer is YES, for newer models. No for old models like G9 or Ixus 850 etc. Share your experience after the trade-in for the benefits of others. Cheers.

Everyone is using old PnS camera to trade-in, any details of trade in old DSLR to get 50D offer?
I have a death 10D body to trade-in. Think Sensor is death, going on Tuesday to ask for repair cost and PP offer.

Wish to have higher value for the PP offer if i use 10D to trade-in.

Last edited:
Everyone is using old PnS camera to trade-in, any details of trade in old DSLR to get 50D offer?
I have a death 10D body to trade-in. Think Sensor is death, going on Tuesday to ask for repair cost and PP offer.

Wish to have higher value for the PP offer if i use 10D to trade-in.

There is no difference in what or rather which old camera is traded-in for. Does not matter whether it is a EOS or PnS. The PP price is independent of your old Canon camera.

By the way, was told they do not entertain 50D currently as the stock for PP is more than 3 months (not sure why it takes so long). Nevertheless, can always try but have a contingency plan so that your trip is nto wasted in the event that 50D is not offered under PP plan.

I just came back from Canon Service Centre and did an enquire on the Priviledge Program.. and was told that the "highest" that an Ixus can be traded for is 500D, as I have an Ixus with spoilt shutter available for trading in..

Therefore, for those intending to get 50D, it would require an DSLR from Canon...

Hi all, did anyone knows what is the current price after trade in for buying 500D with Kit 1 and 2?
I call up to the operator but she said the price is not allow to disclose... have to go down to service center...

Will go down to CSC to take a look on the offer!

Last I heard in August 09 is:

1) 500D Body Only = $952
2) 500D Kit 1 = $1111
3) 500D Kit 2 = $1667

Last I heard in August 09 is:

1) 500D Body Only = $952
2) 500D Kit 1 = $1111
3) 500D Kit 2 = $1667

if this is the price... not a bad deal...

Very good deal in fact.
Market askign for 500D Body is S$1070, Kit 2 was $1880. Great saving under PP and this is why CSC is keeping it low profile.

Very good deal in fact.
Market askign for 500D Body is S$1070, Kit 2 was $1880. Great saving under PP and this is why CSC is keeping it low profile.

ya... but the CSO told me that only faulty canon camera can be use in this upgrading program...

Status
Not open for further replies.