Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya... but the CSO told me that only faulty canon camera can be use in this upgrading program...

it is for sure not true only a faulty camera be traded in... cos i traded in a good condition camera... but it is so easy to damage one camera right... just bang it against the wall or drop it onto the floor... simple...

I bring mine camera to down also, they told me they could help me to repair it, but if i want i can go for the upgrade program. Just tell them you wish to go for the upgrade package i think shall do.

it is for sure not true only a faulty camera be traded in... cos i traded in a good condition camera... but it is so easy to damage one camera right... just bang it against the wall or drop it onto the floor... simple...

Agree :thumbsup:
Let your camera swim awhile. I am sure nobody can save it anymore...;)

I bring mine camera to down also, they told me they could help me to repair it, but if i want i can go for the upgrade program. Just tell them you wish to go for the upgrade package i think shall do.

ya.. true lah... but hor... hain pain to see the camera been torture like this... maybe i should let my small nephew to bang with it.... :devil:

Extra information if you wish to change your mind to get other camera you can but with a charge of $20. So i think i better stick to the SX1IS i order....lol

Extra information if you wish to change your mind to get other camera you can but with a charge of $20. So i think i better stick to the SX1IS i order....lol

Ha, it is exactly what I found out too. I traded-in/ordered on Fri for a RED IXUS - preferred by my daughter but she changed her mind when I told her on Sat. So I called CSC on Mon and they would replace the RED with BLACK, ie change the order if I agree to pay S$20 admin fee.

ya... but the CSO told me that only faulty canon camera can be use in this upgrading program...

Did you go in person? The operator on the phone was rather conservative. Told me the same thing but there was no problem at all when I went to CSC Level 4 in person.

Can I trade in 2 old PnS Canon cameras for 500D for a better price?

Last edited:

dont think it can work in that way :sweat:. by the way, the price for this trade in program is already very good...

i went down to Canon at Harbourfront during lunch.

traded an old Powershot A100 for 500D Kit II $1667.00

the guy said have to wait a few weeks. i said ya it's ok. but my heart was saying see you in 2 days time. hehe

O-Lay O-Lay O-Lay!

500D here I come!

hi guys,

I also want to get the 500d kit ii but was told have wait for quite a while.
I have an eos888 from ages ago. anyone who ordered their 500d kit ii recently and have gotten it? how long did it took?

CSC is doing this to keep their pool of customers. Hence, the quantity (ie. number) and quality (ie. how old & whether it is broken or owrking) does not matter to them. The PP price is indeed very attractive as it is.

the guy said have to wait a few weeks. i said ya it's ok. but my heart was saying see you in 2 days time. hehe

Do let us know how long it took you after you have collected your gear.

yeah man... please do let us know when u get your gear..:D

btw if i trade in an EOS 888, is it just the body or have to be with its lens?

Time to trade in my old Film Ixus for a Digital Ixus.

Everyone is using old PnS camera to trade-in, any details of trade in old DSLR to get 50D offer?
I have a death 10D body to trade-in. Think Sensor is death, going on Tuesday to ask for repair cost and PP offer.

Wish to have higher value for the PP offer if i use 10D to trade-in.

Today went down to CSC, think willl hold on a while, may be offer for 7D coming on the road? :bigeyes:
  • 50D is no longer available ( need to check with them after another 2 months )
  • Final price of the camera does not depends on the camera u trade-in, don expect you trade-in DSLR and you are able to get better offer. Trade-in PnS and DSLR makes no different.

Today went down to CSC, think willl hold on a while, may be offer for 7D coming on the road? :bigeyes:
  • 50D is no longer available ( need to check with them after another 2 months )
  • Final price of the camera does not depends on the camera u trade-in, don expect you trade-in DSLR and you are able to get better offer. Trade-in PnS and DSLR makes no different.

Bro, do you happen to see which models of PnS they have?

Do let us know how long it took you after you have collected your gear.

yeah man... please do let us know when u get your gear..:D

btw if i trade in an EOS 888, is it just the body or have to be with its lens?

ok ok can. so far my handphone haven't ring yet. i hope it rings tomorrow.
then i get to play with new camera during the weekend!

but i doubt it. one friend said he waited for 1 week.

jzliang, sorry i'm not sure about SLR trade it. u can call to ask :) they are helpful.

you know..i realised i forgot to remove my CF card after trade it! aiya.. what a waste.
tsk tsk

ok ok can. so far my handphone haven't ring yet. i hope it rings tomorrow.
then i get to play with new camera during the weekend!

but i doubt it. one friend said he waited for 1 week.

jzliang, sorry i'm not sure about SLR trade it. u can call to ask :) they are helpful.

you know..i realised i forgot to remove my CF card after trade it! aiya.. what a waste.
tsk tsk

I also waiting for mine HP msg to come.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.