Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to CSC this morning with my old ixus. canon service rep said, due to shortage, there is no stock for 500d kit-II (18-200) and even if i place an order, i would have to wait 1-2 months.. even then they cannot guarantee that i will get it in 2 months....

in the end, ended up placing an order for 500d body alone, which they can get in a few days.

is this true..? do i really have to wait like 1-2 months?

yeah apparently, our you could try reputable dealers in the price guides

how much is a 500d kit II outside?

they told me have to wait quite long for 500D kit2. say maybe 1 mth. end up 2 days later i got it.

outside selling around $1900 if i am not wrong.

I went to CSC this morning with my old ixus. canon service rep said, due to shortage, there is no stock for 500d kit-II (18-200) and even if i place an order, i would have to wait 1-2 months.. even then they cannot guarantee that i will get it in 2 months....

in the end, ended up placing an order for 500d body alone, which they can get in a few days.

The stock ran out so quickly??? :confused: My bro trade-in an old A40 for 500D KitII last Tuesday and got the camera on Thursday (2 days). 1-2mth wait doesn't sounds right :dunno:

Sad to read this threat only after buying my 500d body for $1070 at MS Colour 2 weeks ago. Could have saved >S$100 instead. :cry::cry:

Have anyone ask for the price of 50d body only?
they told me $1509 last wk when i asked..

EDit: No trade in for Printer, Lenses, any others like fax machine or etc.

What can trade in : any camera but only CANON.

I want to ensure this state clearly.

I just traded in a fax machine for a 500Dkit2
any canon pdt can trade in also, just depends on wat u buying.. 5D n above no priviledge purchase..

tat day i asked for 50D n they told me need long wait, kns now tell u 500D need long wait..

how much is a 500d kit II outside?

MS quote me 1880
CP 1950 (body only 1150)

btw im selling my BN kit 2 lens, if u happen to just get e body, can buy e lens from me;p

any canon pdt can trade in also, just depends on wat u buying.. 5D n above no priviledge purchase..

tat day i asked for 50D n they told me need long wait, kns now tell u 500D need long wait..

I emailed to Canon. They said no lenses to trade in.

I wonder if can trade in for a EOS 7D bo?:think:

doubt leh? thought all the one-digit dslr aren't eligible? can always call them WHEN it arrives on shore.

This is something new.... can trade in a fax machine for a camera?

And yet others mention cannot trade in printer for a camera?:think:

Hi,

may I know how much does it cost to trade in an old pns for the 500d kit II ?

is it better to get the kit II from MS color / Alan photo rather than from canon.

The Kit II is going for $1667 from canon if you do a trade in...

After reading this thread, we called Canon a few times. Most of them asked me to visit them and would not provide a quotation of the Privillege purchase price of different cameras. One of them even told me that this is conditional, ie must be damaged canon camera to qualify.
I went down today with my old EOS 650 (film camera body) - no question asked, and the lady on Level 4 was super super nice. Very polite and willing to answer all my queries. Now I know We could trade-in any old camera for both still-shot camera (up to EOS 50D but currently out of stock - est leadtime 3 months) and video cams too. I finally went for IXUS100IS - very slim and sexy. Too bad I bought my EOS500D 1 month ago - else could have saved $100.
This is the Privillege Purchase cost gathered from avaliable sources and over the counter :
IXUS100IS - S$373 (MS Colour offer $20 cash & carry), RRP - $469
IXUS95IS - S$317, RRP - $399
IXUS110IS - $436, RRP - $549
EOS500D Body - $950 (bought from MS Colour @ $1070)
All include standard freebies under Canon promotion.

After reading this thread, we called Canon a few times. Most of them asked me to visit them and would not provide a quotation of the Privillege purchase price of different cameras. One of them even told me that this is conditional, ie must be damaged canon camera to qualify.
I went down today with my old EOS 650 (film camera body) - no question asked, and the lady on Level 4 was super super nice. Very polite and willing to answer all my queries. Now I know We could trade-in any old camera for both still-shot camera (up to EOS 50D but currently out of stock - est leadtime 3 months) and video cams too. I finally went for IXUS100IS - very slim and sexy. Too bad I bought my EOS500D 1 month ago - else could have saved $100.
This is the Privillege Purchase cost gathered from avaliable sources and over the counter :
IXUS100IS - S$373 (MS Colour offer $20 cash & carry), RRP - $469
IXUS95IS - S$317, RRP - $399
IXUS110IS - $436, RRP - $549
EOS500D Body - $950 (bought from MS Colour @ $1070)
All include standard freebies under Canon promotion.

Seems like u hv asked alot of questions there, haha, good information for us.

I just went to John316, they quoted me 1260 for canon 500d kit I. Come with 8gb card only. Not very attracting, but they are friendly and helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.