Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, I still stuck between waiting for quote from ms / cp tml after comex or going to csc.

hmm, I still stuck between waiting for quote from ms / cp tml after comex or going to csc.

PC show camera price is never cheap.:D

Comex retailers are selling at RRP.
If you have a existing Canon camera, it will be more worth to go CSC for the buy back thingy.
If not, just go to any reputable camera shops, definitely cheaper than Comex.

hehe.. was hoping ms / cp would give out more freebies during comex.

PC show camera price is never cheap.:D

Comex retailers are selling at RRP.
If you have a existing Canon camera, it will be more worth to go CSC for the buy back thingy.
If not, just go to any reputable camera shops, definitely cheaper than Comex.

hehe.. was hoping ms / cp would give out more freebies during comex.

Hi jzliang, see above replies. also are you going for the freebies or camera itself?

Bro, do you happen to see which models of PnS they have?

Goto CSC web site and you will see all the new PnS that you could trade for.

you know..i realised i forgot to remove my CF card after trade it! aiya.. what a waste.
tsk tsk

Can go back to CSC with your order request and ask them for it. Try and you may get it back. Don't try - no chance. Good luck, Bro.

whoa.. i got the sms from Canon liau.

i placed my order on tuesday. got it on thursday. will be picking it up later. :)

whoa.. i got the sms from Canon liau.

i placed my order on tuesday. got it on thursday. will be picking it up later. :)

I got mine sms yesterday but no time to go get mine new toy, i think due to PC fair all stock come in...:D

Goto CSC web site and you will see all the new PnS that you could trade for.

Can go back to CSC with your order request and ask them for it. Try and you may get it back. Don't try - no chance. Good luck, Bro.

so what is CSC and can i have the link to their website :embrass:
and am i right they will not give any freebie such as
Memory card, bag , lens book :embrass:

and is the retail price $1499 or $1399 :embrass:

and can i trade in canon underwater housing :embrass:

Last edited:

No trade in for Canon underwater housing.

Edit:please read below a post.

Last edited:
No trade in for Printer, Lenses, any others like fax machine, canon underwater housing or etc.

What can trade in : any camera but only CANON (Digital camera, Film camera, DSLR), fax machine (not sure can trade in)

I want to ensure this state clearly.
We are so tired to answer you all.:sweat:
Everyone read here, what can trade in and no trade in.

Edit: Please previous a posts.

Last edited:
No trade in for Printer, Lenses, any others like fax machine, canon underwater housing or etc.

What can trade in : any camera but only CANON (Digital camera, Film camera, DSLR), fax machine (not sure can trade in)

I want to ensure this state clearly.
We are so tired to answer you all.:sweat:
Everyone read here, what can trade in and no trade in.

Edit: Please previous a posts.

:embrass:there are a total of 17 pages in this thread :sweat: and being a noob of course dont know must ask

it's ok if you guys are too tired to answer... i will go elsewhere to ask :angel:

Last edited:

CSC = Canon Service Centre. You mayhave a look at their RRP at Canon S'pore site : http://www.canon.com.sg/.
I believe they will provide the freebies under promotion but I have yet to collect my camera yet. Will confirm after I have personally experienced it.
Aiyo, I doubt they will allow UW housing. Try and then let us know. Time for you to contribute info as well. ;)

CSC = Canon Service Centre. You mayhave a look at their RRP at Canon S'pore site : http://www.canon.com.sg/.
I believe they will provide the freebies under promotion but I have yet to collect my camera yet. Will confirm after I have personally experienced it.
Aiyo, I doubt they will allow UW housing. Try and then let us know. Time for you to contribute info as well. ;)

thanks... i will find times to go down to harbourfront to have a chat with the customer services ;p i will let you guys know if i found out anything ;)

maybe someone can ask TS to put the important info on the first post?
so that next time we only need to reply "pls refer to the first post".
much easier. :p

it is for sure not true only a faulty camera be traded in... cos i traded in a good condition camera... but it is so easy to damage one camera right... just bang it against the wall or drop it onto the floor... simple...

haiz...i just called them and was told the same too... only faulty camera can be used to traded in... guess i have to ask hb to go diving and FLOOD my camera on purpose... :cry:

haiz...i just called them and was told the same too... only faulty camera can be used to traded in... guess i have to ask hb to go diving and FLOOD my camera on purpose... :cry:

it's political right answer for the customer service officer to say must be faulty. Like many experience buy back user here mentioned...they wont bother to check it..if not...it's not hard to spoilt a old camera anyway...;p

Just bring your camera down & ask for Privilege Purchase Program. Don't worry about your existing camera is still in good working conditions.

seriously ... please consider before just enrolling in this program ESP if your camera you trading in is still working ...
if u gonna buy a camera ... be sure to first call reputable shops for quotes first ...
cos i realised depending on the camera ... the 21% discount you get from the program might not be worthwhile
i cite Canon IXUS100IS as an example ...
if u trade in .. you pay $373 for a brand new one ...
prices from MS Color - Alan Photos - Cathay range from $370 - $420 (without trade-in)

why let waste a working camera unnecessarily rite ?

having said that, i do believe this program will be / should be more beneficial for the higher end cameras ... = higher end $$$ too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.