Canon 6D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does. It retains the LP-E6 battery and the same focusing screens.

Yes it has both AF micro adjust and interchangeable focusing screen, so good news to all 5D classic users. I hope the new 20 mp sensor can match Sony's 24 mp sensor, then this will be the camera most manual lens users have been waiting for.

The 6D is very appealing as a FF travel camera (weather-seal, lighter, GPS, wifi) and as a camera for manual lenses (interchangeable focusing screen). While the specs could be better, especially vis-a-vis it's main competitor the D600, it is good enough for what I want to use it for, e.g. travel photography with manual lenses! It's kind of like a juiced up 5D2.

Pricing-wise, I hope Canon will be sensible and make it competitive. If price is too ex, then just wait for Nikon to maul Canon in the entry-level FF market and if that happens Canon may have no choice but to adjust the pricing for the 6D.

its not a bad release, this.. i was expecting a bit more, though.. more like the D600. now im waiting for the new APS-C one

I think for detailed specs... better check with Canon. There's some discrepancies in other sites.

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : EOS 6D

AE bracketing allows 2/3/5/7 through CFn according to Canon USA, DPR only puts 3 shots. HDR folks would be interested in this.

CamInit said:
I think for detailed specs... better check with Canon. There's some discrepancies in other sites.

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : EOS 6D

AE bracketing allows 2/3/5/7 through CFn according to Canon USA, DPR only puts 3 shots. HDR folks would be interested in this.

DPR makes lots of mistakes recently.

Hmm i feel the 6d is a totally different camera now..I'm like slowly shifting to the 5dmk3..don't know why..feels kinda odd.neither here nor there.

Another one... support for UHS-I card.

Maximum Burst
Based on 8GB memory Card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 73 Shots
RAW: Approx. 14 Shots
RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 7 Shots

Based on 8GB UHS-I memory card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 1250 Shots
RAW: Approx. 17 Shots
RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 8 Shots

so you can see the significance of UHS-I cards...

6D-preview.jpg

Entry level 20.2mp Full Frame DSLR with built in Wifi and GPS.
Just Posted: Hands-on Canon EOS 6D preview: Digital Photography Review

http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_6D/

Last edited:
Any mention of availability?

already posted....

Ok so it's a couple of months more. Frankly other than the ISO capability, most of the specs are Zzzzzz............

Ya nothing great really. Tink Canon trying to tempt entry level cam user to go full frame.

Looks like a polycarbonate wonder, no mention of weatherproofing but interchangeable focusing screen! I think this is really made for the enthusiasts. Looks like prices of manual focus lenses are gonna rise as Canon body makes the ideal choice for legacy glass.

Old manual focus lenses? Need adapter.

my wife was so in luv with canon's design and ergo. she keeps telling me to jump ship to canon FF instead of d600, i was already convinced and waited for 6d but then.... here we are...

anyway, is the estimated price already released?

This is the beginning for FF war.. we will benefit from all these when more come to play.
Sony, Nikon, Canon...still waiting for Pentax to join.

dpreview says EF-S lens won't fit the 6D. How odd could this be? is this a typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.