Canon 6D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried calling a few shops and they charge extra if taking installment plan.

Anyone knows which shop doesn't charge extra for installment? I only know of cathay photo but they out of stock for body only.

Anyone knows which shop doesn't charge extra for installment? I only know of cathay photo but they out of stock for body only.

go bns ask those ppl wanting to buy 24 105 if they want to share with you. lol

u get your 6D they get a mint 24 105 at the same price as a 2nd hand one in bns

Dpreview ask a million dollar question and post it here for those who had the 6D...

how well the 6D's autofocus system behaves in practice? is it... accurate with off-centre subjects.....

Ye..i would like to know that too..wanna see how good the sensitivity is when shooting wildlife under shade..birds etc..

HN has body only but no idea about installment plans; price is $2688.

Last edited:
I just got my 6D kit yesterday. Considering that my last DSLR was the 450D, this SLR is really amazing! Just need some advice, I'm looking around for a flash, whats good value one? doesn't have to be brand new, and nothing fancy.

Last edited:
I just got my 6D kit yesterday. Considering that my last DSLR was the 450D, this SLR is really amazing! Just need some advice, I'm looking around for a flash, whats good value one? doesn't have to be brand new, and nothing fancy.

Nissin..cheap n decent..our u can just get Canon's 430ex2 2nd hand or new

Dpreview ask a million dollar question and post it here for those who had the 6D...

Officially, DPReview never asked such a question. Rather, they commented: " a lot will hinge on how well the 6D's autofocus system behaves in practice. If it proves positive and accurate with off-centre subjects (a clear weakness of the EOS 5D series prior to the Mark III), then many users will probably be very happy with it."

Here is 5D2 vs 6D vs 1Dx/5D3 (top to bottom) AF sensor:
5DII_6D_AF_Sensor.jpg

afexplainedimage4.jpg

The side AF sensors on 6D are about the same as 5D2 in design.

On another note, Lens Rentals decided to put AF consistency of various Canon cameras to the test using a recently released 28 f/2.8 IS lens in single shot mode. This is what they obtained for the standard deviation of AF accuracy, a measure of AF consistency:

1DsIII 29
5D II 38.5
50D 34
7D 41
1DIV 22
60D 34
T3i 41
1Dx 17
5D III 17
T4i 29
6D 28

We can group Canon DSLR AF consistency into 3 groups:
Tier 1: 1DX, 5D3 (as good as live view when the latest lenses are mounted)... 1D4 trailing slightly
Tier 2: 6D, 1Ds3, T4i... 50D, 60D trailing slightly
Tier 3: 5D2, 7D, T3i

So, 6D is about as good as the 1Ds3, but not as good as 1DX and 5D3.

PS: Do not be shocked by the poor AF consistency of the 7D in single shot mode because that agrees with my personal experience too.

Last edited:
Officially, DPReview never asked such a question.

However, Lens Rentals decided to put AF consistency of various Canon cameras to the test using a recently released 28 f/2.8 IS lens in single shot mode. This is what they obtained for the standard deviation of AF accuracy, a measure of AF consistency:

1DsIII 29
5D II 38.5
50D 34
7D 41
1DIV 22
60D 34
T3i 41
1Dx 17
5D III 17
T4i 29
6D 28

We can group Canon DSLR AF consistency into 3 groups:
Tier 1: 1DX, 5D3 (as good as live view when the latest lenses are mounted)... 1D4 trailing slightly
Tier 2: 6D, 1Ds3, T4i... 50D, 60D trailing slightly
Tier 3: 5D2, 7D, T3i

So, 6D is about as good as the 1Ds3, but not as good as 1DX and 5D3.

PS: Do not be shocked by the poor AF consistency of the 7D in single shot mode because that agrees with my personal experience too.

T4i is extremely impressive for a rebel

thread reach more than 1000 posts, time to start new thread.

can some one start a new thread?
allowing one more last post to introduce new thread before I close it.

Thanks for the explanation..... but nothing beats real life example by Bro here..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.