Canon 6D

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcefilm

Dec 22, 2004
This full-frame camera is rumored to be announced next month. I'm surprised no one here is talking about it.

Canon 6D « Canon Rumors

Seriously I hope it come with a build in flash.....

Seriously, a good sensor in a 7D package.
4-5fps is fine with me.
Tiltable LCD is great bonus.
Built-in flash commander.
wifi capable.

4.5fps is crap..would be better if it was 6...20mp suffice..just improve the noise....don't need the touch screen...give me back the swivel screen...I've been using the 60d n the swivel screen has been awesome..great when i take shots of the moon n video sports....i really hope the specs i want comes true

Last edited:
Seriously I hope it come with a build in flash.....

WHAT?! No build in flash? 600D 60D have, y 6D don't have?

The next version 0.6D they will take out the sensor or not? The true body only package.

If it comes with a swivel screen, then I'll be seriously considering hopping onto the FF bandwagon... but buying more lens will be real painful... :(

WHAT?! No build in flash? 600D 60D have, y 6D don't have?

The next version 0.6D they will take out the sensor or not? The true body only package.

Canon's FF DSLRs, which is the 5D and 1D, doesn't have build in flash. Maybe Canon is keeping that tradition.

forcefilm said:
This full-frame camera is rumored to be announced next month. I'm surprised no one here is talking about it.

Canon 6D Canon Rumors

Well, it just got a CR1 rating... There have been many of those rumors recently.

I do hope they stick the flash in..if not oh well ill just have to get a flash...anyone got recommendations? Don't think the 600rt or 580 is for me..not a big flash user..luckily I'm using all ef lenses..so no worries on going ff..hehe already planned out when i got the 60d

eggie87 said:
I do hope they stick the flash in..if not oh well ill just have to get a flash...anyone got recommendations? Don't think the 600rt or 580 is for me..not a big flash user..luckily I'm using all ef lenses..so no worries on going ff..hehe already planned out when i got the 60d

Easy mate, it's a CR1 rumor. No rush looking for an external flash unit now. ;-)

ageha said:
Easy mate, it's a CR1 rumor. No rush looking for an external flash unit now. ;-)

Yea no worries ey..but we'll would be good to learn how to use external flash though...

I doubt there is anything coming anytime soon if they don't announce it around Photokina. Why loosing sales with people buying the D600? They could simply announce it now and ship it latter but I guess they have nothing to announce.

ageha said:
I doubt there is anything coming anytime soon if they don't announce it around Photokina. Why loosing sales with people buying the D600? They could simply announce it now and ship it latter but I guess they have nothing to announce.

I have a feeling it might be coming in December...=D

Specs from digicam-info:

20.2MP full frame CMOS sensor
Digic 5+ Processor
11-points AF system (mentioned centre cross-type; not sure about the rest)
4.5 fps
30 - 1/4000 shutter speed
1/180 sync speed
3" LCD
Full HD (1080p)
ISO 100-25600 (50 & up to 102400 with boost)
Internal Wi-Fi & GPS
SD/SDHC/SDXC (looks like single card slot)
Smaller body; 755g (including battery & card)
On sale December 2012 (announcement date unknown)
Price: 195,0000yen body only; 295,000yen with 24-105L (price+/-)

Site indicated that the specs are from trusted sources. But as always, it's a rumors site, so take with a grain of salt. :)

Cool. If only AF is 7D like :p

Specs from digicam-info:

20.2MP full frame CMOS sensor
Digic 5+ Processor
11-points AF system (mentioned centre cross-type; not sure about the rest)
4.5 fps
30 - 1/4000 shutter speed
1/180 sync speed
3" LCD
Full HD (1080p)
ISO 100-25600 (50 & up to 102400 with boost)
Internal Wi-Fi & GPS
SD/SDHC/SDXC (looks like single card slot)
Smaller body; 755g (including battery & card)
On sale December 2012 (announcement date unknown)
Price: 195,0000yen body only; 295,000yen with 24-105L (price+/-)

Site indicated that the specs are from trusted sources. But as always, it's a rumors site, so take with a grain of salt. :)

Same specs from Canon rumours with a street price of US$1999. Still only a CR1 though... so not set in stone. Hopefully they will officially announce next week.

Some thoughts:

- The 20mp sensor is new. I wonder if improvements to dynamic range have been made?

- Same ISO range as the 5D3 but AF system is lower spec'd.

- The top shutter speed has been lowered to 1/4000 second.

- Interesting... GPS and WIFI built-in. This will attract some people.

- They mention only SD card. Has the CF card been eliminated?

- The LCD screen remains at 3 inches compared to 5D3's LCD at 3.2 inches.

- Should be a big seller for Canon. I can't wait to see the first photo samples.

Last edited:
I hope it don't come with the mushy jpeg firmware like the 5d3 too...

Hmmm while this is only CR1, doesn't anyone feels that its seriously underwhelming.

ESPecially the AF. Even with 10FPS, without a solid AF tracking mode and enough AFpts to cover an area it can't consistently deliver a spot on focused shot. 7D didn't have a fantastic sensor, it was the fantastic AF+FPS+build that made it worth the money...

Also AFMA would be sorely missed in a camera of this range. 180 sync & 1/4000 max shutter speed is strange.. at this price range why crippled it beyond 60d ?

Its seems other than the sensor (& wifi component if indeed true) its a downgrade to the 7D or even 60D.

Seriously hope this is not true...

Just personal opinions & vending abit on canon's overpriced uninnovative showings recently.. (although lens quality is fantastic) no offences intended :D
Peace :)

Status
Not open for further replies.