Canon 6D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any information about its AF?

The AF is probably one its most disappointing features... only 11 points. But we don't yet know how many are cross-types.

Last edited:
Argh just when I've made up my mind to upgrade to 5D mk3, this comes along to give me another headache. Haha.

Argh just when I've made up my mind to upgrade to 5D mk3, this comes along to give me another headache. Haha.

Well either way you'll have a full frame camera. Now the decision to be made is whether you want a professional 5D3 body or a stripped down version of the 5D3 which leaves room for good glass.

Now that I think about it... you're right... it would be a hard decision!

Last edited:
The AF is probably one its most disappointing features... only 11 points. But we don't yet know how many cross points.

yup, same thought too

What's wrong with 11 AF points? Most people won't bother even going past the one in the centre.

And lol at the people who expecting it to have better or the same specs as the MkIII

You can't always have your cake and eat it, kids. You want budget, then expect corners to be cut. Want everything? Pay for it or move on.

You can't always have your cake and eat it, kids. You want budget, then expect corners to be cut. Want everything? Pay for it or move on.

Yup, it's the 2nd cheapest full-frame DSLR (together with the D600) in history so you can't expect much. ;)

Last edited:

Yes you're point is well taken but when compared to the Nikon D600, the Canon 6D is lacking. Unfortunately, there's no other way to say it.

I find it strange that dpReview has the Canon 6D listed in its camera database but has not yet 'announced' it on its front page!

Yes you're point is well taken but when compared to the Nikon D600, the Canon 6D is lacking. Unfortunately, there's no other way to say it.

And you're just talking specs. No one has done actual head-to-head comparison of both cameras being used yet.

not to mention d600 can af at f8

raydio said:
I find it strange that dpReview has the Canon 6D listed in its camera database but has not yet 'announced' it on its front page!

fishy huh...I'll wait for Canon to announce

I guess it simply went online too early by accident.

fishy huh...I'll wait for Canon to announce

Yeah, better! I am sure dpreview.com copied the specs from a rumor site... ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.