Canon 6D

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the 97/100% of coverage is not critical but the ultimate size of the VF window is more important. An FF VF is always larger than an APS-C VF, which translates to looking through a window completely open as against one half open.

To me the 97/100% of coverage is not critical but the ultimate size of the VF window is more important. An FF VF is always larger than an APS-C VF, which translates to looking through a window completely open as against one half open.

Yeah, APS-C viewfinders are crap, way too small. :p

ageha said:
The AF system alone is worth the extra money if you need it. :) 3% in VF coverage is really just a paper tiger in real world but whatever. CF is faster and more expensive but makes only sense if the camera really needs the data transfer rates. If the camera can make use of SD's UHS-I I don't mind the cheaper SDHC/XC cards. Unfortunately the 5Dmk3 doesn't support the standard.

The mk3 has both sd n cf card slots right? Saw the review that only can record videos on the sd card...anyway I'm wondering how come my class 10 sdhc card can't do proper full hd recordings without running out of buffer..

The surprise is .... Not a Full Frame sensor!
Why?
1) To great a jump from 7D apsc to 7D full frame.
2) 5D mk3 and 1DX just launched this year.... Why another entry level Full Frame?
3) EOS M just launch too.

Hope I don't break any "crystal ball".

The mk3 has both sd n cf card slots right? Saw the review that only can record videos on the sd card...anyway I'm wondering how come my class 10 sdhc card can't do proper full hd recordings without running out of buffer..
That's totally wrong, it can record it on both but the SD card slot goes only up to class 10 speed, you can't make use of UHS-I cards. Mate, class 10 is super slow by today's standards.

The surprise is .... Not a Full Frame sensor!
Why?
1) To great a jump from 7D apsc to 7D full frame.
2) 5D mk3 and 1DX just launched this year.... Why another entry level Full Frame?
3) EOS M just launch too.

Hope I don't break any "crystal ball".
Maybe because Nikon just launched one for US$2100 and Sony for US$2800 RRP?

from the specs.. if they are all true, it just seems like Canon is trying to push out an entry level full frame camera, but at the same time fear that this 6D will kill off sales for Mark III... so they made the difference so significant by taking away some goodness that will make 6D perfect from the price point to features ratio.

but i believe if 6D is priced decently, there will be market demand for it, thus lots more full frame shooters out there.. i just hope this move doesn't diminish the "wow" factor of full frame cameras..

from the specs.. if they are all true, it just seems like Canon is trying to push out an entry level full frame camera, but at the same time fear that this 6D will kill off sales for Mark III... so they made the difference so significant by taking away some goodness that will make 6D perfect from the price point to features ratio.

but i believe if 6D is priced decently, there will be market demand for it, thus lots more full frame shooters out there.. i just hope this move doesn't diminish the "wow" factor of full frame cameras..

I do think that it is inevitable that full frame sensors will become more common in whatever size and shapes. Sony has taken the first step with the RX1. This is just an upward spiral - phone cameras are pushing compact cameras, while high end compact cameras are pushing m43s, APS-C and so on ...

Times of 35mm is coming back, only this time, it's in digital form.

Adorama has jumped the gun by allowing Canon 6D Pre-Orders on their site. They've since removed the page...

adorama6D.jpg

Lol epic..imagine the retail price when it comes out of at least a grand more..that guy would bee so happy

Adorama has jumped the gun by allowing Canon 6D Pre-Orders on their site. They've since removed the page...

adorama6D.jpg
Same price than D600... I hope the 6D's specs are better than the rumors to compete with the D600 at the same price.

raydio said:

Feeling the heat from d600

true this, in fact i'm going for the MK3. but with better advancement in technology i feel that we should be capitalising on it, of course that is if the budget permits one to do so.

i'm anal about VF coverage because i don't want to leave it to chances. no, not that i am a pro or whatsoever, i'm just another hobbyist who shoots for leisure sake.

Just sharing but it seems common knowledge for most landscape photographers to use Live View as an aid to do multiple checks & adjustments since Live View is 100% coverage. If you do not want to leave it to chances this is an effective & easy way to compensate for the <100% VF.

No tools are perfect, innovative workarounds often make the better photo :D

An interesting article on using LV for landscape photography.

Using Live-View for Landscape Photography

No offences intended, just wanna learn & share from each other.

Peace :D

Last edited:
Saw the specs at Canon Rumours. Frankly, seems quite underwhelming. Only thing going for it is the full frame sensor with the high ISO. Other than that, seems like Canon stripped out everything else interesting. Bare and functional. :(

Based on the specs posted on CR, minor jump compared to the 5D2. If its true, worth the upgrade?

Saw the specs at Canon Rumours. Frankly, seems quite underwhelming. Only thing going for it is the full frame sensor with the high ISO. Other than that, seems like Canon stripped out everything else interesting. Bare and functional.
sad.gif

Apart from the AF system it looks good to me for the money, even comes with GPS buil-in...

Based on the specs posted on CR, minor jump compared to the 5D2. If its true, worth the upgrade?

I usually think it's never worth to upgrade to a newer model of the same class, it's a waste of money if you don't upgrade to a higher model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.