Big drop in Canon Lens Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i could means tat they are sucking us dry by charging to high a price..

killing off all the enthusiasm..for buying:bsmilie:

Chat with a Canon Sales Man......the reason is "O****e".....:thumbsup: finally we see some price reduction....but US is still cheaper.....hope more reduction is done. Hope they reduce 200 F2L....

Er.. what is "O****e" ?

Quite obvious it is related to our SGD that is getting stronger compare to USD.

Looking some prices in neighboring countries: Canon Lens EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM Price @ Octagon Jakarta. Using exchange rate 1 S$ = Rp 6660. The lens only cost S$2240.

Checking price on the same website on Canon EOS 40D Body Only. After conversion - it's only S$1290. Compare to price from AP/MS which around S$1580.

Granted they only have local warranty. But my next equipment buy would be either from HK or Jakarta or somewhere else.

Recently bought Sigma 30mm f1.4 @ S$590 in HK (with int'l warranty) compare to local stores (AP or MS) which quoted S$720.

Visit My humble gallery

Looking some prices in neighboring countries: Canon Lens EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM Price @ Octagon Jakarta. Using exchange rate 1 S$ = Rp 6660. The lens only cost S$2240.

Checking price on the same website on Canon EOS 40D Body Only. After conversion - it's only S$1290. Compare to price from AP/MS which around S$1580.

Granted they only have local warranty. But my next equipment buy would be either from HK or Jakarta or somewhere else.

Recently bought Sigma 30mm f1.4 @ S$590 in HK (with int'l warranty) compare to local stores (AP or MS) which quoted S$720.

Visit My humble gallery
does Indonesia have any tax on photo equipments? tks

Not sure what your question really mean. But the price mentioned on that website is nett price (after tax). No tax refund @ airport as far as I know.

The price reduction was plan to be excuted on a certain day for a certain reason...:bsmilie: Reduction only happen in Singapore not globally. The amount reduced is also based on some reasons....

Does it have anything to do with the preview launch of the D700? :think:

Visit My humble gallery

$2240 is a damn good price!!:eek:

thanks for the good news! anyone can update the lens price list then?
im in a better position now to do negotiations with my wife! haha

Simple explanation. If you can pay for the 70-200 f2.8 IS lens @S$2,300 (either from HK/USA or local MOs), would you still pay S$2,900 to get the same lens from Singapore? Remember with the international warranty on these lenses, there is absolutely no difference on the service/warranty compare to a locally bought lens.

This looks to me like Canon Singapore is hurting by people going to HK or US to get their lenses. Plus, O***le and other local MOs are pushing down the price and at the end no choice but to lower the price to stay competitive.

I bet they have also lower the price of flash guns as well...

So is the news confirm or just a rumors? Heard from shop people saying that Canon is going to raise the price..:angry: He say US and Hongkong already up the price already..

So is the news confirm or just a rumors? Heard from shop people saying that Canon is going to raise the price..:angry: He say US and Hongkong already up the price already..
And you believe a salesman? He just wants you to buy now so he can earn his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.