Big drop in Canon Lens Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkwshan

May 28, 2007
Big drop in Canon Lens Prices!

Only last Friday, I was contemplating whether to buy the EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS from The Oracle at $2550 or $2960 from Cathay/Alan Photo...... found out today that there was a price reduction by Canon Singapore taking effect today!!! Bought it from Cathay at $2600 nett inclusive of GST. Yippee!!:D

Wow - that is a big drop! 10%! Did you in your excitement manage to find out the price drops of other Canon lenses too?

Afraid not....sorry. But I understand that it is a new price LIST. So it should be an across the board revision;)

Wow.. I wonder what the MO price will be like after a few weeks.. Great news for me and other potential gear buyers.

70-200 IS getting replaced soon?

Only for this lens or for all lenses?

EF 70-200mm f2L IS coming? since EF 200mm F2L just released recently.....

i like this thread.. got good news:D

in any case if its true for all lenses, the used-lenses prices will also drop :)

Big drop in Canon Lens Prices!

Only last Friday, I was contemplating whether to buy the EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS from The Oracle at $2550 or $2960 from Cathay/Alan Photo...... found out today that there was a price reduction by Canon Singapore taking effect today!!! Bought it from Cathay at $2600 nett inclusive of GST. Yippee!!:D

where did you find out about this price reduction from? is it an official (unspoken) revision in pricing? anyway, since you've mentioned about the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, maybe its price dropped to make way for a f/2 L version? lets not get our hopes up high if and when we find out that this might not be true. but hopfully it is really so man! hahah

Hmm.. maybe clearing stock for a new lens ? Perhaps a EF 70-300 f/2.0-2.8L IS USM ? ;) Here's hoping.

No replacement model for the EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM.

No need to speculate.

The reason is simple. Just look at Clubsnap for an answer.

Hmm.. maybe clearing stock for a new lens ? Perhaps a EF 70-300 f/2.0-2.8L IS USM ? ;) Here's hoping.

wow....then it will weight 2kg :p

Chat with a Canon Sales Man......the reason is "O****e".....:thumbsup: finally we see some price reduction....but US is still cheaper.....hope more reduction is done. Hope they reduce 200 F2L....

Haha, even if there was a 70-200/f2.0L, it would around SGD10k, give or take a k or two. Perish the dream.

Chat with a Canon Sales Man......the reason is "O****e".....:thumbsup: finally we see some price reduction....but US is still cheaper.....hope more reduction is done. Hope they reduce 200 F2L....

Read from the papers that the demand for camera equipment saw a dip in sales volume for the past year. It wont seem to get any better next year. So, it is natural that prices have to be adjusted to encourage a better spending curve.

So, MO may have a soft impact, but the real effect (impact) is perhaps a global one due to the current recession and lowering of disposable income.

Read from the papers that the demand for camera equipment saw a dip in sales volume for the past year. It wont seem to get any better next year. So, it is natural that prices have to be adjusted to encourage a better spending curve.

So, MO may have a soft impact, but the real effect (impact) is perhaps a global one due to the current recession and lowering of disposable income.

The price reduction was plan to be excuted on a certain day for a certain reason...:bsmilie: Reduction only happen in Singapore not globally. The amount reduced is also based on some reasons....

Status
Not open for further replies.