Big drop in Canon Lens Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the news confirm or just a rumors? Heard from shop people saying that Canon is going to raise the price..:angry: He say US and Hongkong already up the price already..
It is true Canon is raising price in HK and USA. But the real reason is because of the weak US$ against the Yen. Remember HK$ is pegged against US$...

Actually the cheapest place to get a lens is still over at the buy-sell here in CS. :D
If you want a brand new piece, there is always Oracle or better still, get your friends in HK/States to ship it to you!

Actually the cheapest place to get a lens is still over at the buy-sell here in CS. :D
If you want a brand new piece, there is always Oracle or better still, get your friends in HK/States to ship it to you!

Cheapest to get is US....just got some lens from US, escape GST plus free shipping(if you are interested to get anything from US can PM me)....and the price diff is about $200 plus diff from Oracle in general with international warranty. (International warranty with overseas receipt, Canon will honor the warranty). The bank exchange rates was not very good(1.385), but still a good deal overall.

how about cameras? i just checked B&H. the 40D price is the same as singapore leh. maybe it's only lenses that are cheaper?

can't afford the bigger lenses......

anyway i suspect the drop in price is only for the mid-range lenses ($1k-$2k) which will have an impact on those deciding to buy locally or from "O"ther sources....

It's about time they reduced the price!

Singapore's cost of lenses are insanely overpriced!

Cheapest to get is US....just got some lens from US, escape GST plus free shipping(if you are interested to get anything from US can PM me)....and the price diff is about $200 plus diff from Oracle in general with international warranty. (International warranty with overseas receipt, Canon will honor the warranty). The bank exchange rates was not very good(1.385), but still a good deal overall.

what about the 580exII? you've got lobangs for that from the states?

It's about time they reduced the price!

Singapore's cost of lenses are insanely overpriced!

We're considered lucky, unlike the people from UK; they *always* ship in from US.

i went down to cp today, without reading this thread, and i was offer $100 lower than what i did a week ago, on the same 17-40L. After reading this thread, it makes sense now.

Cool!

Now can shop.

The price list here will only get updated when the CSers have a chance to ask for the new price on the lenses they are interested. Give it a week or two, we should be seeing an updated list.

Status
Not open for further replies.