An Evening with Joe McNally - My Journey, 30 years on by Joe McNally

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard from allenleonhart that there were quite a few extra tickets! :/

well.... you can thank the no-shows that registered and never showed up for depriving you of a seat ...... we have their names

NOT referring to those who had the courtesy to at least inform us that they cant make it

Crowd still was a good 400 from estimates

I really enjoyed the talk and good to see everyone there too !!

Sebastiansong and Dream Merchant will be putting a write up and photos together soon

Last edited:
Sebastiansong and Dream Merchant will be putting a write up and photos together soon

Yes, really have to thank the two of them. Very on the ball tonight :) Do share them soon!

Here's one to share:

Joe McNally by headshotzx, on Flickr

"My Journey, 30 Years On" - An inspirational and highly motivating photography talk by acclaimed photographer Joe McNally. GV Max @ Vivocity, Singapore

Really didn't like the camera beeping though. More noticeable than the camera shutter sounds...

Last edited:
Lotusfairy and volunteers (*hugs the volunteers) , would like to thank all CSers who turned up promptly and filled up the slips clearly. Today's registration at the counter is as quick as a wink. :angel:

and... who kapo my pens with my nick on it?... :p

Actually, the cinema was quite full. There is a possibility that there were vacant seats as two rows of the middle tier seats where the projector was sited at first was shifted to the front, releasing more seats in the cinema.

It was a great presentation by Mr Joe McNally.

heard from allenleonhart that there were quite a few extra tickets! :/

slap u. who said quite a few:angry::angry:

i said some. a lot of ppl turned up, which is good:)

thanks for organising this talk, it was quite an eye opener:)

Lotusfairy and volunteers (*hugs the volunteers) , would like to thank all CSers who turned up promptly and filled up the slips clearly. Today's registration at the counter is as quick as a wink. :angel:

and... who kapo my pens with my nick on it?... :p

:bsmilie: i might ahve one somewhere. i think i forget put back:think: i go check

Yes, really have to thank the two of them. Very on the ball tonight :) Do share them soon!

Here's one to share:

"My Journey, 30 Years On" - An inspirational and highly motivating photography talk by acclaimed photographer Joe McNally. GV Max @ Vivocity, Singapore

Really didn't like the camera beeping though. More noticeable than the camera shutter sounds...

whose head is that bottom right of the pic ???

Many thanks to Nikon Sg and CS for organizing this very inspiring event.

...BTW, loved his answer to the first question. :D

For those who are unable to make it today or missed it or don't have seats, Joe McNally is also giving the same talk (I think it's the same) at the National Geographic Store tomorrow at 8pm. Saw this on one of his brochures at the store and outside the hall where the talk was held earlier.

Anyway, thanks to Nikon and ClubSNAP for making this happen!

Regards
CK

i loved the ans to the last:bsmilie:

He asked me back some stuff about my future decisions and I'm like... "Uhh."

:sweat: (I was that guy...)

But his last answer was humorous man. Excuses for the PJ's wife? Hahahah.

His finale to the 1st question is genius!

"Dude, kiss your social life goodbye!" LOL ...

Dear All

A big thank you to Everyone who showed up at the talk today. Together, we have made the event a great success. I am sure everyone had a great time listening to Joe's candid sharing of his creative process. It was a great way to spend a rainy Monday evening, among photographers who are passionate about their craft.

However, the event would not have been possible if not for the following behind-the-scene efforts.
  • Nikon Singapore for their generous contributions.
  • Simon, Chngpe01 and Ed9119 for all the planning and footwork.
  • Wendy for managing the registration booth, the lovely signages and the impressive collection of stationery kit.
  • Spidey for being the friendly webslinger and working on all the listings.
  • Adam for keeping everyone quiet and attentive in the cinema. Achtung!
  • DM for being the official photographer on adrenaline!!!
  • Catchlight, Ortega and Clown for helping out with the registration and crowd control.
  • Cactus for lending his voice and a great MC.
  • Our five volunteers Lonewolf, Lunas, Noob77, Spectrum and jkaiser who were all great help.

Finally, please pardon me if I have missed out on anyone.

Cheers

Last edited:

Here's one to share:

Glad that you started the balls rolling for the FAQ session.Good question that you asked :) :)

thanks for giving us the opportunity to listen to this great photographer. I was highly motivated and inspired by him, and had the opportunity to meet up with some online friends for the first time after the talk :)

My sincere apologies to organizer and all fellow clubsnappers. I was looking forward to the talk last night but unfortunately was called to a appraisal meeting at 1800pm! Cant say no to my boss and meeting lasted 45mins.

Dun mean to miss the event and be labelled a 'pilot'. hope organizer be understanding on this matter. Sorry to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.