Z5 or Z3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chery08

Nov 28, 2004
thinking of buying either cam... any reviews on these 2 cam??
I wanna get Z5 as it got high MP and face detection thingi etc... but the color - baby pink is not sold in Singapore... should i get it from Japan instead? or should i settle for Z3 which have the color i want? :p

I am having both Z3 and Z5, both are quite similar optically, size and functions, buy you pay $100 more for:

1. Face detection function: this is a very good feature because the camera auto set the focus & exposure to the human face detected.
2. 1 more Mega Pixel: but this is really nothing.
3. 1G XD instead of 512M
4. 1 extra third party battery
5. Easy selection of Natural + Smart flash for Z5 vs Z3: for Z3, you need to press few buttons and that selection is in-corporated in the "Anti-shake" button of the Z5.
6. Z5 has IR that can transmit picture to other Z5 cam, Z3 doesn't have the IR, but was not able to sent picture to PC, manual stated only can send between Z5s, don't know what is the use, why don't they make it to work with PCs??:think: Since they have in-corporated the IR, it is just the matter of software to make it work with PC.

Go for the Z5, don't be like me, thinking of saving some money to buy Z3, then couldn't sleep, keep thinking of what I have missed in Z5 and ended up buying another unit.:sweatsm: I got the Pink Z3 and Red Z5.

DSC_6465.jpg

go for Z5. as mention by poh6702 all the good quality of Z5 over Z3. but what attractive me most is the Face Detection. very useful. rice colour

wow u're really rich huh.. bought both of them and keeping both??? personally i prefer the pink color one rather than red... any idea the baby pink will be coming to Singapore??
Where did u buy the Z5 from ?? it's 439?

I paid $449 from Funan, includes 1 spare battery, 1G "H" XD. Most places although cheaper but only have silver color.

ahhh okie .. shall search for it ..
Thanks! it's nice to use ?

I paid $449 from Funan, includes 1 spare battery, 1G "H" XD. Most places although cheaper but only have silver color.

Got the Z5fd Brown at AP two days ago, $399 w/ 1GB HXD. dun hv all the freebies lah, but got one fugly f10 casing and mini tripod :dunno:

but $399! :)

a little regret not getting f31 >_<

wow 399 is cheap leh.. can buy wat... wonder if it's the same price for the pink one.. btw.. AP is Alan photo?

Got the Z5fd Brown at AP two days ago, $399 w/ 1GB HXD. dun hv all the freebies lah, but got one fugly f10 casing and mini tripod :dunno:

but $399! :)

a little regret not getting f31 >_<

Z5 is too small is it? I cannot handle it, just too tiny.:)

Z5 is too small is it? I cannot handle it, just too tiny.:)

not the Z5 too small, i love it's size.. and the brown one is very pretty!

is the physical size of the CCD in the Z5 too small. 1/1.7 of the f31 vs the 1/2.5 of the Z5 makes a big difference. not that it's not performing well compared to other brands of similar ccd size.. just maybe i'm too used to the 1/1.7 of my deceased f11, the Z5 at higher iso makes me so depressed.

apples and orange lah, but still.. quite sad.

just got my Z5 today...hmmmm.... nothing fantastic .. seems like my photo turn out to be looking 'dirty' ....
not sure if it's just me .... or if i need to change some settings...

just got my Z5 today...hmmmm.... nothing fantastic .. seems like my photo turn out to be looking 'dirty' ....
not sure if it's just me .... or if i need to change some settings...

erm... how much did you get the z5 for?... has been thinking if to get the z5... the glow in the front of the camera is really nice... :D

check ISO?
should be set to Auto for brand new set.
make it ISO200 or ISO100..not sure what is good for this cam

If you're more concerned with how you look with your camera than how your picture quality turns out, then choose the Z5 over the F31 or similar.

The 1/2.5" CCD sensor on the Z5 is smaller than the 1/1.7" on the F31 and thus noise will be more apparent on the Z5 especially when ISO is 400 and above.

If you use ISO 400 and above for the Z5, you would need some noise removal software to make the pictures clean looking.

got it for the price of $460 with a 2GB xd card and other freebies..got it becoz i really love the design of this cam and the fact that it can use the iR to transfer photos to a machine by fujifilm 'Pivi' which can print out polariod...
hmm for the photos..does it means the higher the ISO the more 'pixelize' it will be ??
here are some of the better photos i took with this cam... it still seems 'noisy'/ dirty to me..
DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

For a pic(keyboard) shot with ISO1600, it's pretty good already. You can use software to help clean up the noise or in your word "dirtiness"

http://www.neatimage.net/files/NeatSetup.exe

This is a trial ware. If you use it it will remove the exif data of your pic. So save a new file name if you want to keep them.

hmmm anyway to have sharp photos without the using the sw? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.