X-Pro 1 User Group

Was wondering if anybody has had experience with Circular Polarizer for the X-Pro 1? Was using it over the weekend and was unable to see it working on either OVF or EVF. Appreciate any available advice on this.

Thanks in advance.

Was wondering if anybody has had experience with Circular Polarizer for the X-Pro 1? Was using it over the weekend and was unable to see it working on either OVF or EVF. Appreciate any available advice on this.

Thanks in advance.
What were you aiming it at? If the sky ain't bring enough, you might not see a big enough effect. Easiest way to test a polarizer is to aim it at some shinny metalic object or a window and rotate it.

It is impossible to see polarizing effect via the OVF as the viewfinder is not coupled to the lens at all. You need to rely on the rear LCD

Was shooting at night in Gardens by the Bay within the dome trying to beat the reflections. With DSLR, my experience is being able to see when I rotated the filter, but on the X-Pro 1, just couldn't see any of the reflections disappearing.

Just recently pimped out my X-Pro1. My schmexy love just became schmexier. :heart:

Here's some quick dirty mobile phone pics:

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

I am in love.

B+W Chrome UV filter: $56
Ciesta leather halfcase: $135
Cam-in handstrap: $24
Cam-in soft release button: $10
Thumbs Up EP-7S: $170
A huge smile on my face every time I look at my schmexy love: PRICELESS

:heart:

Just recently pimped out my X-Pro1. My schmexy love just became schmexier. :heart:

Here's some quick dirty mobile phone pics:

[I am in love.

B+W Chrome UV filter: $56
Ciesta leather halfcase: $135
Cam-in handstrap: $24
Cam-in soft release button: $10
Thumbs Up EP-7S: $170
A huge smile on my face every time I look at my schmexy love: PRICELESS

:heart:

My old flame, your new love. :D

the Ciesta case looks thick... do you need to use a toothpick to press the Q and AE-L buttons? :bsmilie:

Welcome to the family though!

Thanks! Yeah it's a bit thick. I was contemplating between that or the Gariz one. The Ciesta offers more protection so I chose it. :D

does anyone encountering out of focus even when you have focused it on the + sign?
not sure if my set is having issues, it is not accurate when focusing. I'm using electronic viewer by the way.

+ sign? Are you talking about the focusing box?

does anyone encountering out of focus even when you have focused it on the + sign?
not sure if my set is having issues, it is not accurate when focusing. I'm using electronic viewer by the way.

using continuous focus?

+ sign? Are you talking about the focusing box?

yes the focusing box and just only 1 focus point also having issues. anyone any problem so far with focusing? misfocus sometimes..

yes the focusing box and just only 1 focus point also having issues. anyone any problem so far with focusing? misfocus sometimes..

hv u updated to the latest firmware?? try it if u hv not....

i already did.. i suspect my camera got problem. hmm

it's like that 1 lah. i still misfocus occasionally. use EVF if you want precise AF.

A piece of good news. Samyang 8mm F2.8 for mirrorless cameras, Samsung NX, Sony NEX and most importantly....FUJIFILM XPRO1 will be available in 1-2 weeks time. basically it will be ultra wide angle lens of 12mm for the crop lens. Interesting days ahead!