X-Pro 1 User Group

Hi everyone
Just a quick hi to everyone. I'm new to this camera (just bought my X-Pro1 today!) and new to this forum.
Been reading this diligently before I took the plunge. Hope to learn from you guys more as I grow with this supposed great camera.
Cheers.

welcome! what's the street price for x-pro1 nowadays?

$2,100 for body, $790 for 35mm/1.4.
Freebies by Fuji: extra original battery ($99), 8GB thumb drive, 16G SD card.
Freebies by retailer: Hoya filter, screen protector.

I have a question in return: it's damn noisy during power up, and during focusing. a lot of clicking sounds. Is that normal? I call the shop back, they said it's normal.

$2,100 for body, $790 for 35mm/1.4.
Freebies by Fuji: extra original battery ($99), 8GB thumb drive, 16G SD card.
Freebies by retailer: Hoya filter, screen protector.

I have a question in return: it's damn noisy during power up, and during focusing. a lot of clicking sounds. Is that normal? I call the shop back, they said it's normal.

Upgrade your firmware. This aperture clicking noise was solved in the first firmware update.
Wow get free battery.

Upgrade your firmware. This aperture clicking noise was solved in the first firmware update.
Wow get free battery.

Thanx for your help.
Yup, free batt from the manufacturer.

Just bought the Samyang 8mm f2.8 for X mount. Will post some thoughts on it later.

Is this a fisheye lens? How much is it? Hope it's much cheaper than the fijinon lenses.

Hi, anyone knows where to get a cable release for X pro1? Wanna shot the firework tonight

Saw cable release at Chiifcameras and TK foto last time. You can try but not sure if it is opened for business today.

Hi, anyone knows where to get a cable release for X pro1? Wanna shot the firework tonight

Tks zoomz, will try my luck later

My current possessions:

IMG_9627 by daniel.y?, on Flickr
- Fenix LD20 180-lumens flashlight
- X-Pro1 w/ XF18, Tom Abrahamsson red soft release, Thumbs Up EP-7S, Fuji leather case
- XF35
- EF-X20 w/ pouch, ThinkTank AA battery holder to hold 2x spare NP-W126
- Leatherman Skeletool CX multitool
- UE custom earphones
- Canon speedlite sync cord

All fit right into my Thinktank Retrospective 7 :p

IMG_9629 by daniel.y?, on Flickr

The ThinkTank Retrospective 7 is really a well-designed bag, with all necessary compartments right in place. I was deciding between the Retrospective 7 and Billingham Hadley Small but the Billingham does not have dedicated compartments for pen, name cards etc.

My current possessions:

- X-Pro1 w/ XF18, Tom Abrahamsson red soft release, Thumbs Up EP-7S, Fuji leather case
- XF35
- UE custom earphones

The ThinkTank Retrospective 7 is really a well-designed bag, with all necessary compartments right in place. I was deciding between the Retrospective 7 and Billingham Hadley Small but the Billingham does not have dedicated compartments for pen, name cards etc.

Wat LCD screen protector are u using??

not sure, bought the x-pro1 used and the previous owner has the screen protector applied. The dark patch in the center is due to the glass protector pressing against the screen, not visible when the rear LCD is light-up.

My current possessions:

- XF35
- UE custom earphones

Hi, yrh0413 (Daniel)

I have not been reading up clubsnap for a while. I see that you finally bought XP1! :cheers:

I also see that you bought the ef x20 flash. What is your thought about the flash?

Possible to write a field report about it?

I remembered that you do not like to use flash, thus I was kinda surprise when I saw that you have 1 in your inventory. :)
But did you use it fequent enough to share with us your thought on this flash?

Really appreciate the info.

Thanks
Xavier Lin

Dear XP1 users,

I have a question to ask. I wasn't too aware (or bothered) by the clicking or chattering sound of my lens (35mm).

But after reading up, I realised that there is such problem with a 1.00 version.

I have a 1.01 version lens and I do not know the chattering sound of ver 1.00.
Can anyone tell me if ver 1.01 is virtually no sound or still have some sound and it is not that bad comparing to ver 1.00?

Cause I hear sound when I start up and when it's focusing. Is it normal?

Thanks mate :)

Xavier Lin

Xavierlin said:
Dear XP1 users,

I have a question to ask. I wasn't too aware (or bothered) by the clicking or chattering sound of my lens (35mm).

But after reading up, I realised that there is such problem with a 1.00 version.

I have a 1.01 version lens and I do not know the chattering sound of ver 1.00.
Can anyone tell me if ver 1.01 is virtually no sound or still have some sound and it is not that bad comparing to ver 1.00?

Cause I hear sound when I start up and when it's focusing. Is it normal?

Thanks mate :)

Xavier Lin

Some noise is normal, it's the focusing motor running. When powering up you can see the lens moving forward a tiny bit, the sound is created by the AF motor shifting the lens forward.