"Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously , why the urgency to make such an important decision before going to Bejing?

Surely the most important KPI, in deciding the axe is to see his performance in Bejing as to whether he can get the team to bring in a medal.

Or perhaps the top management have given up and never expect a medal for the TT team, even before going and thus have to make such a crucial decision fast :think::think:

Ppl who has no foresight, or the ability to keep in touch with the ground feel and treat their subordinate as a digit, and do not have any feeling for them(their subordinate) is to fit to lead. :thumbsd:

on surface say we are behind them, inside heart say waste money waste time.

like that how to produce good sportsman/woman

if you do a little research into the table tennis association president you may get abit of insight into her character...

So I am wondering now about those who were quick to defend the national ideal of injecting "quick fix" medal winners to be citizens VERSUS "immigrant of old in Singapore" as one of many pointes when they say it is the same thing. I would like their "view points" now after this breaking news come to light as they did in other earlier Olympic threads?

Because in my mind "new immigrants or sport FTs"... we went out to source, dangle $$ and passport to them to come play for our team while our true immigrant ancestors took the ultimate risk to make it here on their own in a do or die attempt to etch out a living. This was why there are those among us who felt the so called long term "gain" to promote sports and make our own medal winner who are true blue Singaporean is a farce.... just something we justify once every 4 yrs. Now you see the kiasu behavior reeling it's ugly head.

If this fiasco is not properly handled...you think other sports FTs and coaches would ever come now to live, train or coach another medal winning team? And look at it from a Singaporean POV...this will scare the $hit out of those to ever want to make a career in sports or take it up seriously. Parents will be using this as a shinning example as to why their kids should not.

So LONG TERM PLANNING wise...you think there will or can be one to really encourage sport as a future here? Also, Olympic and many of it's "spinoff" has become a political vehicle for I don't know but how many decades now. If anyone care to google or take the time to research the recent history of the IOC will know even among the selected honorable members, there are also those who took bribes and other tokens gratuity to help buy votes for countries vying for the rights to host the Olympics.

This whole thingy has basically become a situation of "hey we might as well do it too since so many other countries are doing it ...so can we." mentality among us locals. What happen to rising above it all and stay true to our own values and calling? The fact that something like this can and has happened so blatantly and so close to home while the Olympic torch has yet to be extinguished ... it is quite obvious to everyone now what the real state of affairs is with the sporting world and political brouhaha.

Last edited:
maybe somewhere in some of our gut already got e feeling something not right. the way things unfold, the timing, sends a very strong signal to those who were just about to embark on the journey to take up sports as a career. :(

fast paced society?! yah right... :complain: :hung: :mad2:

I'm curious as to whether this has to do with the fiasco involving the lack of a coach for the male paddler. the news report says that the sacking was already planned before the team headed for the Olympics, which causes one to wonder what the heck is going on?

Also I've always wondered how people who are not familiar with a sport can head a sports association. Seems like quite a modern phenomenon...

It is funny that the real world management of Singapore does not mirror
this kind of thing in sports.

Make mistakes somewhere here, you go!

But make mistakes there, you stay... :dunno:

I think we should also think about buying the cute little girl singing in the opening ceremony.

We can use her in many major events and celebrations. :bsmilie:

No lah, we need to buy the "ugly" one that was actually singing, not the one who was pretty and just lip syncing.

Really wanna hear the whole story.. everything i heard in the news is "decline to comment"..

Wah Liao! Winning is no guarantee for staying as manager ...... hmm, imagine if Ferguson gets this treatment after winning title, then no more Man U in top flight anymore. This is how sports work ..... very different from say, a govt organisation. So if this woman has her way, then no more Olympics medals liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.