"Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah Liao! Winning is no guarantee for staying as manager ...... hmm, imagine if Ferguson gets this treatment after winning title, then no more Man U in top flight anymore. This is how sports work ..... very different from say, a govt organisation. So if this woman has her way, then no more Olympics medals liao.

SAF was almost sack !!!! :bsmilie:

Wah Liao! Winning is no guarantee for staying as manager ...... hmm, imagine if Ferguson gets this treatment after winning title, then no more Man U in top flight anymore. This is how sports work ..... very different from say, a govt organisation. So if this woman has her way, then no more Olympics medals liao.

I know a very senior teacher in a neighborhood secondary school who built a badminton team from scratch. In the 3rd year of his efforts, the team won some medals and created history. An administratively inclined principal came in, decided that his KPI would be to win more medals, which he failed to do so in the subsequent year. The principal then disbanded the team and decided to focus on other CCAs.

I fully agree that sports management is very specialized. I also don't think that the very bureaucratic and pragmatic system of accountability and decision making is the best style suited for managing sports.

On a more flippant note, I also agree that someone who has no history and experience in sports would be the least suited to be in a position of power in sports management.

I know a very senior teacher in a neighborhood secondary school who built a badminton team from scratch. In the 3rd year of his efforts, the team won some medals and created history. An administratively inclined principal came in, decided that his KPI would be to win more medals, which he failed to do so in the subsequent year. The principal then disbanded the team and decided to focus on other CCAs.

I fully agree that sports management is very specialized. I also don't think that the very bureaucratic and pragmatic system of accountability and decision making is the best style suited for managing sports.

On a more flippant note, I also agree that someone who has no history and experience in sports would be the least suited to be in a position of power in sports management.

agreed on the last para....see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Rogge

impressive CV

I believe she is a Member of Parliament? I think that is good enough to qualify her for the role. After all many of our MPs serve as directors of companies that they are totally not related to. As our government always says, our leaders are people of top caliber, hence I am sure the Table Tennis Association will soar to greater heights now that we have the right person on the job.

I believe she is a Member of Parliament? I think that is good enough to qualify her for the role. After all many of our MPs serve as directors of companies that they are totally not related to. As our government always says, our leaders are people of top caliber, hence I am sure the Table Tennis Association will soar to greater heights now that we have the right person on the job.

Wow, do you really believe this?

not to forget, some MPs leave after serving 1 or 2 terms....for whatever reasons....
some return to private sectors and leave after 1-2 years....for whatever reaaons....

mgt shd not interfere with day-to-day running of the assoc, such as how to coach / stategizes matches..

imagine Man U directors tells SAF who to play in which position and which team coaches to work with which players.......

as to the public outburst....imo...its not require and more imptly at the wrong time & wrong place.

So you are saying any MP is able to determine if a sport coach is caring to his/her players, responsible and experienced to pass on the knowledge and has the foresight to choose the potential players? This must be the best joke of the day.

not to forget, some MPs leave after serving 1 or 2 terms....for whatever reasons....
some return to private sectors and leave after 1-2 years....for whatever reaaons....

mgt shd not interfere with day-to-day running of the assoc, such as how to coach / stategizes matches..

imagine Man U directors tells SAF who to play in which position and which team coaches to work with which players.......

as to the public outburst....imo...its not require and more imptly at the wrong time & wrong place.

served 2 terms get pension already. who doesn't want?

So you are saying any MP is able to determine if a sport coach is caring to his/her players, responsible and experienced to pass on the knowledge and has the foresight to choose the potential players? This must be the best joke of the day.

He was being sacarstic heh.

That an MP who I bet frankly knows nuts about table tennis, much less sport in general and who's only been on the job as President just last month can engineer (pun intended) such a move is just the kind of people we don't need. How outrageous and high-handed. :thumbsd:

Perhaps aeskywan's confidence in her abilities (which is terribly misplaced imo) is simply because he doesn't understand the concept of nomenklatura, which is so prevalent here.

Well said:thumbsup: Just saw the Discovery Channel on the show "Behind the Great Wall of China" The general who built the last major section of the Great Wall to defeat the Mongolians attack was send to exile because of politics in the Emperor court. He done so much to defend the country and was forced to retire as a common person because the emperor dogs were jealous of his success. He died one year later after casted out from his position.

In this case, I got a feeling is because of the extreme expectation for the team to win a gold medal that even the PM decide to delay his rally broadcast by one day. He seems to think that the GOLD WILL BE WON FOR SURE. Maybe someone assured him so. At the end, the team only got a Silver and someone head got to roll. So Lee B W might be looking for a scape goat to keep her position intact and there we got this blunder........:confused:

My congrats to the govt for setting such precedence that will set back the dream even further......:bsmilie:

What can you expect when you put a politician in the Association? it will become more political.

What did the president done for the sports or help in any way to win a medal. :thumbsd:

No leadership at all but pure politicking, the reason probably is to ensure she have a new team of "yes madam" who will suck up to her and say things she likes to hear and make things happen for her (reminds me of the Ads of a tennis coach talking to a parent of the child playing tennis).

Anyway, history since time memorial has been repeating itself. How many times have we read about heros and warriors being executed or sent to exile, by their own very Kings and Emperors, after successfully fighting for them. Once the battle is over the heros and credit is not to the ppl who fought the battle but the "Top Leadership" will claim it citing that it is them who steer the national team to victory and of course PPA and PBM or whatever not will be awarded.

Of course the reasons for whatever they do is always "for the good of the organization etc etc " lest they forget we were not born yesterday.

Anyway with such a move I guess if we are lucky, we may have to wait another 48 years to get another medal. Afterall who has the morale or want to get involve with such politicking in sports.

He was being sacarstic heh.

Yup only you got it.... let's just say that it's not wise to be openly critical of the government esp in Clubsnap hence I have to reword my statements.

I thought adding this line was a giveaway but I guess you guys failed to see it.
"after all many of our MPs serve as directors of companies that they are totally not related to"

That an MP who I bet frankly knows nuts about table tennis, much less sport in general and who's only been on the job as President just last month can engineer (pun intended) such a move is just the kind of people we don't need. How outrageous and high-handed. :thumbsd:

Perhaps aeskywan's confidence in her abilities (which is terribly misplaced imo) is simply because he doesn't understand the concept of nomenklatura, which is so prevalent here.
It is because aeskywan knows the nomenklatura sensitivity that he had to write in a less obvious way, which was misunderstood here...........time will tell if the nomenklatura will be more open

By the way, how do you know she knows nuts about ping pong?

HS

a woman president of stta. what do you expect? from the way she spoke on-camera, which was telecast on our tv. it only shows one thing. reacting to situations impulsively. she behaved like empress dowager. issuing edicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.