Will like offers for paid shoots for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhaha, when nude and free, dont care big breast small breast all sure still will take one :) HEHEH :)

jsut exagerate a bit mah....if small butt and small boob...notihng to shoot..like shooting changi airport runway on T3....

but shooting nude..? if shoot free with artistic flavor ..can geh.. :sweatsm:

Hhaha, when nude and free, dont care big breast small breast all sure still will take one :) HEHEH :)

When being offered rotten apples for free,one wouldn't bother the state it's in.
As long as it's one sided,trading will still take place.
Comment on the validity.

:bsmilie::bsmilie: I have had several of these offers so far. (Sorry no PA's required)

This seems to be a current trend ..... usually something like
Just wondering ..... i am all for the reimbursement of expenses (transport/food/agreed items, etc) to the models, but how many of us are willing to pay for newbie models?

I would quote her for a paid test, i.e. she pays me, not the other way round.

The problem today is that too many people who has a DSLRs are just overly eager to shoot a "model" and end up neglecting the market mechanics.

Take for example, a couple of replies "If the model is hot, I don't mind to... *fill in the blanks*".

Whether the model is hot or not, it is YOUR time and YOUR skill that is taken up. It is the model who WANTS pictures taken. Not the other way round. So if ever there are newbie models again who wanted a test, start charging.

It is the model who WANTS pictures taken. Not the other way round. So if ever there are newbie models again who wanted a test, start charging.

I agree... YOU are helping HER build up a portfolio that will let her charge (more) money and gain popularity, which is very easy here on CS no matter how "CMI" the model-wannabe really is.

If she's starting, and she really wants to have a "job-winning" portfolio, she should shell out for it. This is the way it's done internationally... But not in SG, where everyone who buys a DSLR thinks he's now a pro.

I agree... YOU are helping HER build up a portfolio that will let her charge (more) money and gain popularity, which is very easy here on CS no matter how "CMI" the model-wannabe really is.

If she's starting, and she really wants to have a "job-winning" portfolio, she should shell out for it. This is the way it's done internationally... But not in SG, where everyone who buys a DSLR thinks he's now a pro.

sometimes too many demand (photog )the newbie raise the prices. Some photog pay newbie to pose that how the market play it.

sometimes too many demand (photog )the newbie raise the prices. Some photog pay newbie to pose that how the market play it.

Nope, thats how the market was abused. A photog can arrange for a TFP/TFCD for a newbie... but to pay a newbie to shoot??? There are only 2 scenario I would only pay a model:

1. She is already famous and I WANT her in my book or
2. There is a paying client.

Otherwise, its waste time waste money.

Nope, thats how the market was abused. A photog can arrange for a TFP/TFCD for a newbie... but to pay a newbie to shoot??? There are only 2 scenario I would only pay a model:

1. She is already famous and I WANT her in my book or
2. There is a paying client.

Otherwise, its waste time waste money.
someone even says waste shutter counters, kekekeke...

Not referring to any models here... but I got a few who actually ask for me to buy them new lingerie when I enquire about a lingerie shoot.... :thumbsd::thumbsd:

First of all, I'm not a model or wannabe. Just happened to read this thread.

It is true that a lot of school girls are exploiting the photogs. No doubt about that. But to give this discussion a different perspective, I would like to ask how about those photogs-wannabe that are asking TFCD or even pay shoot?

I am actually very willing to pay if the photog is good. But after running through most of the threads and the photogs portfolio (those that are offering TFCD or paid shoot), I really can't find a lot with a good portfolio. (Maybe I'm new to CS so dunno where are they, pardon me if I'm wrong)

I think the main reason is those who're really pro are not advertising on CS. Cause they don't need to.

So there's really no way to ensure good quality shoot even when I'm paying for them in CS. :( (I actually paid for one shoot and it turns out worse than my self-shoot on camera phone. :( )

Moreover, I think the meaning of TFCD have be distorted by photogs wannabe in CS. Just to add on to the discussion.

To balance the argument, I did find good photogs on CS who gave me a trail shoot before I satified myself to pay for him. But such sincere photogs are hard to find.

It is true that a lot of school girls are exploiting the photogs. No doubt about that. But to give this discussion a different perspective, I would like to ask how about those photogs-wannabe that are asking TFCD or even pay shoot?

Actually you're a dick and that's not a new or different perspective.

It's precisely that newbie photogs work with newbie models that's why its tfcd. This entire thread is about models who want a tfcd but in the end decide on being a paid model.

I am actually very willing to pay if the photog is good. But after running through most of the threads and the photogs portfolio (those that are offering TFCD or paid shoot), I really can't find a lot with a good portfolio. (Maybe I'm new to CS so dunno where are they, pardon me if I'm wrong)

I think the main reason is those who're really pro are not advertising on CS. Cause they don't need to.

So there's really no way to ensure good quality shoot even when I'm paying for them in CS. :( (I actually paid for one shoot and it turns out worse than my self-shoot on camera phone. :( )

Moreover, I think the meaning of TFCD have be distorted by photogs wannabe in CS. Just to add on to the discussion.

To balance the argument, I did find good photogs on CS who gave me a trail shoot before I satified myself to pay for him. But such sincere photogs are hard to find.
Not difficult find photographers in CS. http://www.clubsnap.com/displaydir.php

Good advert though... :nono:

../azul123

(Just to give credits to that photogs, he's Ejunlow and his portfolio can be found on http://www.ejunlow.com/)

I believe we are not talking about paying the photographer for portfolio shoots here. It's about newbies who have zero experience and requested for TFCDs, and when she realise that there are too many offers, they quickly changed their tune to just accepting paid shoots now. What's worse, they got no established portfolios yet...

If you are talking abt pro photographers, of course you have to pay. Those offering TFCDs are mostly either part time/freelance/hobbyist, you can simply browse through their portfolios and decide. if none fits your bill, then don't do. I think it's fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.