who here r students?

Status
Not open for further replies.
glennyong said:
and btw i think u the king here with ur system liao... ;)
who?? roti_prata ??

glennyong said:
where where ? sure arnot... i already aim 600 f/4 liao.. now got f/5 one mehs.. dun bluff me...

I remember seeing one tamron one...

roti_prata said:
in ur sch 350d considered dua pai already izzit? my teachers all shoot d2hs/d2x. im thinking of a jennis batt grip to blend in:embrass:
I nvr bring camera to sch b4 im only sec2 ....

Vj. 19. Retained one year. Nah transferred to VJ from poly.
;)
Lost count of how much i've spent on equipment. Started in May 2004.
Here's the list though in the order purchased. Fm2+35-70/3.5-4.5AIS(originally my dad's), 300D(now sold), EOS3(still with me and loving it), 1dmkII(a shared body with my dad), Zenitar 16/2.8,Tamron 17-35/2.8-4, Sigma 20/1.8, Tamron 24-135 SP, EF 50/2.5, EF 85/1.8(my baby and favourite lens), EF 70-200/4L.

How i paid for it? Savings, plus 5 months full time work before i entered poly, plus photo assignments. Hoping to pursue this full-time as a career in future so I'll be looking for someone to apprentice under after my As. Anyone game?

roti_prata said:
mai gei gei:sticktong i using d70s only. u know who he talking abt
than i guess its Stoned lao.. 1dmII... :lovegrin:

you haven't seen evenstar's equipment yet.... Anyway, I never believed in the necessity of buying top end equipment for good photos.

Stoned said:
you haven't seen evenstar's equipment yet.... Anyway, I never believed in the necessity of buying top end equipment for good photos.
thats very true..!! its always the person behind the camera and not the camera... :thumbsup:

From TP, dropped probably an accumulative amount of over $15k on my camera equipment, lighting and studio equipment over the past years. Top equipment only for the purpose of work convenience and client satisfaction. But the only real camera I ever need is my eye. :)

Nowadays students are rich... just see the type of hp they are using... When I'm in secondary school.. pager also cannot afford, dun talk about Hp and SLR, only get to use my dad MF SLR when he is happy or not using....

roti_prata said:
its not a sin to be rich and buy expensive gear
yea... but there are also ppl who are not rich around... who only own their first SLR when they start working

mi frm np
but i dun have ani exp stuff, juz a coolpix4500.
last wk my ex-boss lend mi his s3 pro was so heavy....:confused:

clarinet said:
yea... but there are also ppl who are not rich around... who only own their first SLR when they start working
ya n there r ppl who like 2 show off ba... :D

wad mi mentor call daddy scholarship

roti_prata said:
how many of u r students?

from which school?

how much u spent on photo gear and wat u spent them on

since when u started photography?

im juz curious:D

architecture student studying at Glasgow school of art

goodness know, haha but have canon 300D body and kit lens, 28-135mm IS, 12-24mm Tokina, 50mm f1.8

since early 2004, :)

if you really want to push the boundaries of your skill, don't overload on your equipment when you are still learning.

the sense of satisfaction of getting something out of a marginally less able piece of equipment is invigorating. and you can concentrate on your shooting, free of the mental straightjacket of feeling pressure to deliver because you have spent a chockful of money on your gear.

:)

thoa_rs said:
From TP, dropped probably an accumulative amount of over $15k on my camera equipment, lighting and studio equipment over the past years. Top equipment only for the purpose of work convenience and client satisfaction. But the only real camera I ever need is my eye. :)
wat course r u in?

clarinet said:

yeah like me and my canon ixus when i started working :cry: now only got coolpix

Status
Not open for further replies.