which nicer?

which nicer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard of bellross.how much does one cost?

confirm cheaper den the 2...

its the thought that counts anyway...

Oris, Bell Ross are good designer watches....

i personally like Bell Ross for its design. and the attention to details... the rest too over also. :bsmilie:

what does all the eta blah blah blah means?:dunno:
ETA SA is THE main manufacturer of movements in Switzerland and most of the watches bearing a SWISS MADE would have a movement from ETA inside them. There are only a handfull of brands (for example IWC) that still produce their own works, the rest buys from ETA, TagHeuer among them.
What' the implication of this? Your Tag, Rolex, Omega, Tissot etc watches are on the inside all the same!! What makes them a Tag or Omega is just the make-up on the outside. However, the movement is what makes a watch special.
While you may not bother what's running your watch when you buy a 200$ watch as one may consider this as a fasion accessory, I'd imagine to be different for a USD12'000 watch. You may want to make sure that for that kind of money you get something special and not the same movement that can be found in a watch for 1/3 the price... otherwise what are you paying those $$ for? Like when you buy an Ferrari you want a Ferrari engine inside and not a Fiat....

Don't fancy the date window of the Merc SLR McLaren showing 3 dates. Have the Grand Carrera series already launched here? Got the Heuer (without 'Tag' on the dial) Carrera re-edition. Looked at Fortis? Just bought a B42 Pilot Pro. Considered the B42 Official Cosmonaut but find it a tad big for my wrist. Feast your eyes on the coming Tempus - The Temple of Time exhibition.;p

if cant decide then:-
. flip a coin (heads- Caliber 16, tails-Mac-Merc),
. buy both (wkday/wkend),
. dun buy either?

would any of our opinions may not carry any weight in ur final consideration? mayb should oso ask a few of ur gf. :think:

yes.definitely would.

my gal friends all said the calibre 16 is nicer.and since they dun really know cars....i guess it being a 722 limited edition means nothing to them.

$12k for a Tag..... no thanks. Never liked the car anyway.

u mean you dont merc or you dont like mclaren 722SLR?:eek:

you will be the 1st guy(if you are a guy) that doesnt like the SLR as far as i know.

mclaren-19.jpg

pic from mclaren-cars-lotto.com

you will be the 1st guy(if you are a guy) that doesnt like the SLR as far as i know.

I am the second then. :bsmilie:

I am the second then. :bsmilie:

I am the third then.

When i saw this post before read the rest, just the question alone. And i tot Jeanie has "together" with "someone" and want to get a watch for him......

hahahahaha

mclaren-19.jpg

pic from mclaren-cars-lotto.com

I'm a guy, and I don't like the car...
Looks like Jiam Tao Lo Tee (French Bread).
BMW Z3/Z4 also looks like Jiam Tao Lo Tee... and I don't like them all.

... and I'm not anti-Jeanie... unless Jeanie looks like Jiam Tao Lo Tee.

yes.definitely would.

my gal friends all said the calibre 16 is nicer.and since they dun really know cars....i guess it being a 722 limited edition means nothing to them.

"limited edition" is 1 way to fleece d well heeled, like bump up d value. y not getting something more endearing rather than follow trends since u paying a tidy sum? :dunno:

I am the third then.

When i saw this post before read the rest, just the question alone. And i tot Jeanie has "together" with "someone" and want to get a watch for him......

hahahahaha

i fourth then..

my favourite car is the cute mini mr bean's car ;p

"limited edition" is 1 way to fleece d well heeled, like bump up d value. y not getting something more endearing rather than follow trends since u paying a tidy sum? :dunno:

example?

what i tried to say when i was talking about the movements....

Based on a local horology mag I have, the list price of the Merc SLR is S$7,300. Bundled with both steel and rubber straps. Limited to 3,500pcs.

my flashlight http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/cmg_infinity2.htm of a few yrs is oso limited edition, not in production liao. its abt psychology mah, owning a rare item- like 0.5carat diamond vs 5.0carat diamond of same grade.

i do admit watches r more complex & intriguing than diamonds to me. :sweat:

what i tried to say when i was talking about the movements....

eh, i dun kno much about watch mechs. so u saying 1 of them is in watch terms the betta buy izzit? cos for me as long as my watch keeps ticking, i happy liao.

u think some1 is going to :faint:?...

my flashlight http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/cmg_infinity2.htm of a few yrs is oso limited edition, not in production liao. its abt psychology mah, owning a rare item- like 0.5carat diamond vs 5.0carat diamond of same grade.

i do admit watches r more complex & intriguing than diamonds to me. :sweat:

eh, i dun kno much about watch mechs. so u saying 1 of them is in watch terms the betta buy izzit? cos for me as long as my watch keeps ticking, i happy liao.

u think some1 is going to :faint:?...

you like torches/flashlights?
check out surefire.
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/16/sesent/00
my brother got one for me from USA.
it can momentarily blind someone.and it's only as long as your palm.
it's so bright i wouldnt even bring it with me for night shoots.:)

Based on a local horology mag I have, the list price of the Merc SLR is S$7,300. Bundled with both steel and rubber straps. Limited to 3,500pcs.

oh!7300!that's good new!thanks:)

sion,

i bought the calibre 16 already.
the mclaren one is not in sgp yet.will prob get it too.

i'll try to get some pics up this weekend.
:)

but are you sure you like to see it on my wrist?it's toooo friggin big!

sion,

i bought the calibre 16 already.
the mclaren one is not in sgp yet.will prob get it too.

i'll try to get some pics up this weekend.
:)

but are you sure you like to see it on my wrist?it's toooo friggin big!

how heavy is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.